Who shot Dale Gilliland?

Posted in the Arab Forum

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
curious

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2009
Dale Gilliland was a 27 year old divorced father of two. He was shot in the head on a feb. 1976 night. What do you know? This is not to seek justice, just curious as to what you may know or can remember about this crime.
Hey

United States

#2 Mar 19, 2009
Why are you wanting to know? And can you tell me you are with? I think we all know who did this.
curious

Franktown, CO

#3 Mar 23, 2009
Dale GIlliland Murder- I have been hired to investigate the circumstances of this murder and the questionable conduct of individuals who may have been involved with the original investigation.The residents of Marshall County have been very hospitable and forthcoming. As in many small southern towns everyone seems to know everyone and everyone has a theory. I am more intersted in the facts as opposed to theory.
I am most interested in individuals who:

1-Worked for or with Dale Gilliland (or his business partner Edward Rush) in 1976
2-Socialized in this circle
3-Know of illegal activities which Mr. Gilliland may have been involved
4-Noticed suspicious activities within the investigation
5-Know individuals close to Mr. Gilliland at the time of his death - who are willing to talk - your privacy is guaranteed
Please tell me, if you,and almost everyone I have interviewed beleive that EVERYONE KNOWS WHO DID IT then why is this murder still unsolved some 33 years later. Someone out there knows the truth and they have the evidence needed to prove it. How does a community allow this to continue.
RexSm

Laceys Spring, AL

#4 Mar 26, 2009
According to you everyone knows who did this, you are wrong. Everyone knows who had it done but the trigger man will never face a criminal court. All evidence of the crime is gone and only three or four people know who pulled the trigger, one of course is Dale, one is the person that paid to have Dale killed, that only leaves the trigger man and the possible second driver. Dont hold out on the driver though, thats a only a theory the police came up with. So that leaves you with three people that know and with no evidence you are SOL. As far as how could a community let this happen, Dale wasnt too smart or he would not have been in business with the people you mentioned. The helicopter pilot getting killed was Dales doing, and the lady you mentioned did have drug, alcohol and some mental issues. I personally dont think this case will ever be solved, sure people point fingers and whisper but not one piece of evidence has been found has it? Just to stop the rumors that the local police were in on the cover up thats a fabrication, the local police at the time were very incompetent and lacked the tools and training to solve this case. Good luck but dont hold your breath, it took the local police over twenty years to find Wanda Mays and she was just a mile away from where she "disappeared" from and there were a ton of clues in that case.
curious wrote:
Dale GIlliland
Murder- I have been hired to investigate the circumstances of this murder and the questionable conduct of individuals who may have been involved with the original investigation.The residents of Marshall County have been very hospitable and forthcoming. As in many small southern towns everyone seems to know everyone and everyone has a theory. I am more intersted in the facts as opposed to theory.
I am most interested in individuals who:
1-Worked for or with Dale Gilliland (or his business partner Edward Rush) in 1976
2-Socialized in this circle
3-Know of illegal activities which Mr. Gilliland may have been involved
4-Noticed suspicious activities within the investigation
5-Know individuals close to Mr. Gilliland at the time of his death - who are willing to talk - your privacy is guaranteed
Please tell me, if you,and almost everyone I have interviewed beleive that EVERYONE KNOWS WHO DID IT then why is this murder still unsolved some 33 years later. Someone out there knows the truth and they have the evidence needed to prove it. How does a community allow this to continue.
Gail

Arlington, TX

#5 Mar 27, 2009
Tis should be investigated. We have a new sheriff and new ways to solve crimes. they never too it serious.
alberville soccer mom

Arlington, TX

#6 Mar 27, 2009
Did a little girl die in that helicopter accident?
Gail

Arlington, TX

#7 Mar 27, 2009
I don't know. I don't live there now and can't remember. I have a sister there I will try to find out.
curious

Arlington, TX

#8 Mar 27, 2009
The murder my agency has been hired to investigate is not for a criminal court rather a publishing company. An eight year old girl did die in the helicopter crash. Mr. Gilliland could not have been responsible due to the fact that he had already been murdered at the time of the crash. These four people are victims of organized crime.
My secretary is running late. I will be back online within the hour.
curious

Arlington, TX

#9 Mar 27, 2009
How is rexsm so certain that all evidence is gone? I wouldn't count on it.Family and others close to Gilliland have stated the same, however several items have recently been uncovered.I am not at liberty to expose any information about those items. Why did rexsm connect two other deaths. to this crime which have never been mentioned here. Especially when law enforcement never considered the three deaths to be related. Although those close to Gilliland beleive them to be directly related. Unfortunately due to the fashion and location of the deaths they were each investigated by three different agencies. Who benefitted from these deaths other than the Rush family? What do these three deaths have in common other than the Rush family? Why did these three or should I say four deaths (Gilliland, pilot, woman, and child) occur within 3 months of each other.(These three adults were very close.)Why did thr Rush family need a 1.5 million dollar insurance policy on an uneducated,27 yr.old farmers son with whom they had only been partners with for two years. Thats alot of money for 1976.
Albertville soccer mom

Arlington, TX

#10 Mar 27, 2009
I remember the the helicopter crash and the shooting of Dale but I did't know they were related. I don't remember the lady. What's the name of the pilot and the lady. Was this a lady who people thought was a drug link from Tennessee who worked for Rush? I think there was a cover up but not by all law enforcement. It was at the top of the ladder. Was someone at the top of the sheriffs dept. paid off? There was alot of crime in our area at the time and a group of men were thought to control the local politics. This made it easy to control how far the investigation went.
Hey

Cullman, AL

#11 Mar 28, 2009
This is to curious:

I would be interested in what family members you have spoken to and what info they have told you.

As far as wether or not you had someone killed or paid the trigger man it is one in the same.

What type of book are you publishing?

REX SM: You are wrong about the police.

Sometimes people are told to keep their mouths shut, and as far as i know the one person has.

The key word you said was organized crime.

The trigger man is known, no one will be told.

As far as evidence I think everyone might be underestimating big mamma.
Hey

Cullman, AL

#12 Mar 28, 2009
Meant to say Big Granny and not big mamma
howard

Cullman, AL

#13 Mar 28, 2009
Hey wrote:
Meant to say Big Granny and not big mamma
If you know about Big Granny you must be very close to the family. Who are you?
Hey

Cullman, AL

#14 Mar 28, 2009
know enough to keep mouth closed, i was told at a young age the issue and the preditors.
howard

Cullman, AL

#15 Mar 28, 2009
Hey wrote:
know enough to keep mouth closed, i was told at a young age the issue and the preditors.

What did you mean by underestimating Big Granny?
Alberville soccer mom

United States

#16 Mar 28, 2009
This is confusing. Who's Big Granny? Is she the driver? What was you told about this? Who told you to keep your mouth shut? Why would they do that?
Hey

Cullman, AL

#17 Mar 29, 2009
Big Granny is Dale's mother and also found him dead at his home which was almost across the street.

I think i have said enough.
howard

Cullman, AL

#18 Mar 29, 2009
Hey wrote:
Big Granny is Dale's mother and also found him dead at his home which was almost across the street.

I think i have said enough.
check out this link
http://boards.aetv.com/topic/Aetv-Discussion-...
outdoors35976 is not afraid.
Hey

Cullman, AL

#19 Mar 29, 2009
Good for them. They are obviously not involved family wise and probably know nothing.
Carol Walker

Dallas, TX

#20 Mar 30, 2009
I knew Dale and I am angry that anyone would say thing like this about him - He was a very nice good looking man - He was good at anything thing he did and became very wealthy at a young age - There is no crime in that - Why do people want to ruin someone reputation when they can't defend themselves - If you think that you know anything about this you should share it with others or you are as guilty as anyone - Do you think that someone is going to jump out of the computer and get you - Dale and his family deserve better than this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arab Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stomping Grounds: Zaldain Wallops 30-07 To Start May 15 Diamond 1
Best Arabic Entertainment (Feb '14) May 6 davy 3
Tracie Pridmore (Jan '11) May 3 davy 10
News Northeast Alabama officials weigh in on impact ... Apr '15 Bill Wrigley 1
Old friend Looking for Susan and Don Silvus si... Apr '15 wonderin 2
News Arab PD places officer on administrative leave Apr '15 in the back ground 1
Chelsea Law Apr '15 Meh 1
More from around the web

Arab People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]