Spouse abuse in Alabama

Spouse abuse in Alabama

Posted in the Arab Forum

Victims voice

Thomaston, GA

#1 Jan 4, 2012
Is it legally ok in Alabama for a husband to force his wife to have physical interactions with him and submit to his needs? The marriage has been in shambles for years with fights and arguments and the wife has stayed because of children and financial issues. The husband is very abusive mentally and has now decided he can physically force the wife to do "things" because they are married and he pays the bills. He claims he does nothing wrong. What are the laws on this since they are legally married?
Why post this here

Arab, AL

#2 Jan 4, 2012
If you need to know the laws in Alabama talk to a real lawyer or call your local district attorneys office. Only thing you get on here is what people think law says.
Agree

Thomaston, GA

#3 Jan 4, 2012
Nothing wrong with the post, but I agree, you or she needs to talk to a police investigator, attorney, or a prosecutor. On the surface it sounds like this person is a victim of several abuse & sex crimes, regardless of who is committing them, be it husband, relative, or whoever. There are also several state and national groups for spousal abuse that could help her get out of the situation and make sure the abuser is charged. The legal advice given here will be much less reliable.
Citizen

Woodland Hills, CA

#4 Jan 4, 2012
Marital rape was outlawed in Alabama a couple of decades ago.
victims voice

Conley, GA

#5 Jan 4, 2012
That's what I've told her. A husband can be guilty of rape with your wife.
hopeful

Alturas, FL

#6 Jan 5, 2012
Truly hoope she finds help, gets away from the "man", and he gets what he deserves, going to prison and then getting a taste of his own abuse in prison.
Arab resident

Griffin, GA

#7 Jan 6, 2012
I know of a few husbands and exhusbands in our little town who should have their ass in jail and fat ugly mugs on the sex offender posters and websites. Wives have been too nice too long because of kids.
supportHer

Griffin, GA

#8 Jan 6, 2012
Well, there's always a chance these women will wake up and use the justice system for some payback. There is NO state statute of limitations in cases of sexual abuse, assault, and aggravated sexual assault, including marital rape, sexual assault, & sexual battery on helpless victim (date rape). At a minimum this would warn a future wife or girlfriend of what these men are capable of.
Been there

Griffin, GA

#9 Jan 6, 2012
Some think that because they work and you take care of the home that its ok if they always do what they want, even if you say no, or it hurts you. They use you, then say they are so sorry, they love you. They try to make like its not rape, not a crime, was mutual, or did not happen that way. Trust me, it doesn't get better. Leave them and go to the DA office. They will do something about it and help you in so many ways.
Help

Jackson, GA

#10 Jan 7, 2012
Is there an anonymous number you can report someone you know abuses or abused their wives. I know one who left and like y'all said, for kids, has only told a few people. What's bad is her pos ex has made out like he is all pitiful because she left him, like he treated her so good. Even turned her friends against her. She kept evidence of the truth and he most certainly raped her and abused her right before she finally left. Its not right for him to get away with it AND have made her out to be bad.
Kellys rainbow

Arab, AL

#11 Jan 7, 2012
Google kellys rainbow in Marshall county. They help people with this problem. They will tell help her and the kids.
Kellys rainbow

Arab, AL

#12 Jan 7, 2012
info

Wellington, AL

#13 Jan 8, 2012
Go to Steve Marshals office in Guntersville, he's the county prosecutor. He will put the A-hole husband through the ringer and then some, if you can just find the courage to tell what happened.
its time

United States

#15 Jan 9, 2012
For the abusers to get a wake up call.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arab Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tracie Pridmore (Jan '11) 20 hr Jamal 12
Do Arab women like white men? 21 hr Jamal 3
News Arab PD places officer on administrative leave Jul 26 Kollulie 2
Best most ruthless hard fighting Divorce Attorney Jul 17 Broken 1
Who shot Dale Gilliland? (Jan '09) Jul 5 the other driver 361
I'm always mistaken for an arab and I hate it (Sep '13) Jun '15 somalis hate arabs 8
News Two Etowah County Men Reported Missing (Dec '09) Jun '15 Marie 34
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Arab Mortgages