First Prev
of 7
Next Last
DUI

Arab, AL

#1 Dec 1, 2012
Who is the drunk that hit and killed him?
BBDOLZ

Guntersville, AL

#2 Dec 2, 2012
I don't know all the details, not sure if alcohol is even a factor? I am hoping the truth will come out and the person(s) that caused this tragedy will be tried as adults!!!
Sad

Huntsville, AL

#3 Dec 3, 2012
This is a tragedy and I'm sure whatever happened it was not intentional. I think people shouldn't make assumptions and convict others without hearing all the facts. I heard this was a case where all involved were intoxicated and they were fooling around. This sounds like an accident when you hear from the people involved... Pray for the families of the victims of this accident and hope that the truth will come out no matter what that may be.
God is Love, truth and forgiveness are his virtues... let them be ours as well
curious

Guntersville, AL

#4 Dec 3, 2012
is this the little boy from arab?
Sad

Huntsville, AL

#5 Dec 5, 2012
Yes
curious

United States

#6 Dec 5, 2012
i apologize...i should have said is this the "young ma" from arab!
curious

United States

#7 Dec 5, 2012
*young man
Hope

Wellington, AL

#8 Dec 7, 2012
The driver was deffinately drinking. At 17 she knew better. All of us that told her on a daily basis to just go home and not drive around drinking all night are not surprised. It was bound to happen. I'm not sure if a drunk driver can go uncharged if they hit and kill someone in alabama. It's not as if no one warned her. It is sad that the wake up call happened like this.
Smdh

Madison, AL

#9 Dec 11, 2012
Then why haven't any arrests been made? It seems like a pretty easy case to solve to me. If the police are getting "conflicting" stories from the teens in the car, it's time to start charging folks with homicide. If alcohol was a factor, this was not an accident and someone needs to be held accountable!
Hope

Griffin, GA

#10 Dec 17, 2012
Because they need to build a case. To just start arresting people ad charging them without confirming all the evidence could result in a mistrial, a not guilty verdict, or some other dismissal. Double jepardy prevents them from being tried twice for the same murder. The police have to get it right the first time. And they have to take into consideration that it was technically a minor that was driving. They have to determine if they need to treat the offenders as juveniles or adults. Then there is always the option of pleas if offered in order to avoid a public trial. And it can take months to get back toxin screens. Nothing happens overnight like it does on tv.
The real world is much more complicated than just pointing a finger at someone and justice getting done. It has to be proven so well that the defense cannot dispute the facts very well. If the defense is even slightly effective, the deffendant gets to walk because the prosecution must prove the case "beyond a shadow of a doubt."
This is why they don't just start making arrests and charging people with homicide.
Smdh

Madison, AL

#11 Dec 20, 2012
Oh, my bad. I suppose if it was your child 6 feet in the ground, you wouldn't try to be a quick draw McGraw over there. How about this, the driver of the vehicle is free to run around getting the dececeased person's name, date of death, all surrounded by a brass knuckle tattooed on her body. Tell me, is that right? I realize they need time to build a prosecutable case, but there's a nifty little place called the juvenile detention center that could easily hold the persons involved to insure they understand the severity of the situation. Meanwhile, I won't hold my breath.
Hope

Meansville, GA

#12 Dec 22, 2012
Fortunately, none of us are held against our will because we MIGHT have done something. None of us go to jail while suspicions are sorted out.

I wish it didn't take so long, but this is our justice system. I do not know why he still has a license to drive. I do not know why she thought that tattoo was a great idea. I do not know what she discusses with her lawyer but she either is not listening to legal counsel or she needs a new lawyer. I wish she would stop courting the days until she gets her car back. And I wish she would pick a story and stick to it.

I do hope she is held accountable for her actions but I would rather wait for justice than rush into a free pass to murder.

Since: Dec 12

Guntersville, AL

#13 Dec 23, 2012
I heard about the death of this young man on WAFF 48, but don't know what happened. I feel so bad for the Speegle family. I have many questions. Why was he transported by car to the hospital rather than calling an ambulance? How many people were in the car? Why was he walking in the first place and at 2:00 a m. It is a real tragedy. I hope someone involved has the courage to do the right thing and tell the story of how this happened.
Hope

Jonesboro, GA

#14 Dec 24, 2012
Most of the time the driver says there were 4 people in the car. That included Brady. I think she panicked when she hit him because there was so much blood. They probably got him to the hospital faster than letting him lay there while they waited on an ambulance. The story from the people involved varies from Brady jumping out of the car to accidentally falling out of the car. I was told by one occupant that he had the door open and was dragging his feet on the road so they stopped to let him out. They were taking him to his house which was very close so letting him out wasn't an outrageous idea. Why did the driver turn around? She doesn't have an answer. All she said was he was laying in the middle of the road and she didn't see him. There was patchy fog that night. I was out some but went home about 1130.

The driver was deffinatly drinking and they did blood work at the hospital. There were suspicions that Brady was under the influence of something but no one saw him drink.
Bob

Arab, AL

#15 Dec 24, 2012
I am sure they did a blood screen at the hospital when Brady was there. Could have been under the influence of pills, pot, or alcohol. All three are very popular with kids today.
Bob

Arab, AL

#16 Dec 24, 2012
You cant just put a juvenile in the juvenile detention whit out charging them. Same as an adult. You either charge them with a crime or wait.
Smdh wrote:
Oh, my bad. I suppose if it was your child 6 feet in the ground, you wouldn't try to be a quick draw McGraw over there. How about this, the driver of the vehicle is free to run around getting the dececeased person's name, date of death, all surrounded by a brass knuckle tattooed on her body. Tell me, is that right? I realize they need time to build a prosecutable case, but there's a nifty little place called the juvenile detention center that could easily hold the persons involved to insure they understand the severity of the situation. Meanwhile, I won't hold my breath.
Hope

Jonesboro, GA

#17 Dec 24, 2012
Thank you, Bob! I am so tired of the lynch mob. This is no longer the deep South where justice is done in the woods behind your house. If you can't tolerate the justice system then move to Canada. You will have free health care there anyway.
Jam

United States

#18 Dec 26, 2012
Is there any justice left? This person needs to go to jail!
Jason

Atlanta, GA

#19 Jan 1, 2013
For those of you keeping score, she was at a new years party getting sh*t faced and inviting everyone to get drunk with her. Glad she learned her lesson
Trioxide

Atlanta, GA

#20 Jan 1, 2013
My question is why hasn't the mom done anything about her daughter already? She dropped out of high school because it interfered with the partying and has spent most of her nights partying. And it hasn't stopped? What is she thinking? She is not mom material!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arab Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sep 17 Annonymous 85
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Sep 16 Centrist 242
Wyndham hotel a joke Sep 13 ThomasA 2
ed teal scott walls doug gibbs cybersquatting s... (May '10) Sep 11 Mr Jim 42
Personal affairs in a public position (Mar '14) Sep 6 onlyinmarshall 17
Water in Arab Aug 29 PoisonedWater 2
Why is Israel the only civilised country in the... Aug 27 Asare 1
•••
•••
•••

Arab Jobs

•••
•••
•••