Hooray for Hopewell planned

Hooray for Hopewell planned

There are 15 comments on the Progress-Index story from Sep 8, 2010, titled Hooray for Hopewell planned. In it, Progress-Index reports that:

The Hooray for Hopewell Arts & Crafts show will be held Sept. 18-19 In downtown Hopewell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Progress-Index.

GI Joe

Gwynn Oak, MD

#1 Sep 8, 2010
Sweet. Do they still have games at this event? They should be Hopeless-themed games. Like a "Name that Drug" carnival game booth. Or a "Find the Baby Daddy Lineup" for moms & youngsters.

I bet they'll be some Al Pacino/Scarface art for sale. You know, really classy stuff.

Hooray For Hopeless indeed.
Uptight

United States

#2 Sep 8, 2010
GI Joe wrote:
Sweet. Do they still have games at this event? They should be Hopeless-themed games. Like a "Name that Drug" carnival game booth. Or a "Find the Baby Daddy Lineup" for moms & youngsters.
I bet they'll be some Al Pacino/Scarface art for sale. You know, really classy stuff.
Hooray For Hopeless indeed.
Come on down, Joe. I'm sure you will feel right at home at "Baby Daddy Lineup"!!
HA HA

Harrisonburg, VA

#3 Sep 8, 2010
What do you mean. He is still trying to find out who His daddy is. His momma never knew which one of Hopewells GOBs knocked her up. He is soooooo stupid.ha ha ha ha.
GI Joe

Gwynn Oak, MD

#4 Sep 8, 2010
So... you're saying you think my daddy is GOB material?

Awesome. Maybe we can catch up on lost times. He can take me down to the river and teach me how to throw trash into it.

Or maybe he can take me out to eat at K&L before the gangs come out at night.
Think B4 you write

Powhatan, VA

#5 Sep 9, 2010
Thank you for planning and seeing through a huge event like Hooray for Hopewell. It takes many hours of work to pull an event off such as this. If you choose not to attend the event then just stay at home. Just maybe if more people tried to build the town up instead of tear it down, we would all live in a nicer place! Thank you again for all the work you put into this event.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#6 Sep 9, 2010
I attemded Hooray for Hopewell one year, every vendor had one thing in common. They were all selling the same three velvet paintings, you know the ones, the ones that have the cheap little light at the center top of them. They each had the likeness of

(1) Jesus Christ

(2) Martin Luther King

(3) Elvis Presley

I, also, like the idea of games and contest that stick with the ideas of Hopewell.

You could have a game with ten people and have the customer attempt to pick out the one high school graduate of the group.
You could have Hopewell's own version of the Jerry Springless show with all of the women in Hopewell who have tats, fighting over who slept with their own cousin the night before.
You could have a mother and child beauty contest, open to 10th and 11th graders who bring their babies. Winner could get double their normal ADC check for a year.

The choices are endless.
How fun

Prince George, VA

#7 Sep 11, 2010
Sweeet!
Just me

Hopewell, VA

#8 Sep 12, 2010
Aw come on, it's a weekend intended to bring the town together. Please don't trash it. If more people were involved in the day-to-day life of Hopewell in a positive way it might, just might, have a positive effect.
dum

King George, VA

#9 Sep 12, 2010
HA...HA......AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHA. Neeeeeeeeerp i dont think so Just.
Riled

Danville, VA

#10 Sep 12, 2010
You people are hopeless. Really hopeless. You'd complain if a dog turd smelled like chocolate.
let us drink it

Harrisonburg, VA

#12 Oct 31, 2010
hurray fo Hopewell, we got us a ethinol plant that ain't gonna open and cost us tax payers another bundle. thanks city council and city manager.
Enuff is Enuff

Saint Albans, WV

#13 Nov 6, 2010
Hooray for Hopewell has become a JOKE!! They need to get the fat ass Hios lady from the planning board she is a JOKE!!
Idiot Finder

Hopewell, VA

#14 Nov 8, 2010
Enuff is Enuff wrote:
Hooray for Hopewell has become a JOKE!! They need to get the fat ass Hios lady from the planning board she is a JOKE!!
Why dont you get off your fat lazy incompetent ass and do something worthwhile verses running your fat ass mouth about other people!!!!YOU ARE THE JOKE and everyone knows it.
Enuff Is Enuff

United States

#15 Nov 8, 2010
Idiot Finder wrote:
<quoted text>Why dont you get off your fat lazy incompetent ass and do something worthwhile verses running your fat ass mouth about other people!!!!YOU ARE THE JOKE and everyone knows it.
Dont you just WISH you really knew who I am?? Everyone knows she is a fat ass b**ch!! and the festival thanks to her has become a joke
Idiot Finder

Hopewell, VA

#16 Nov 8, 2010
Enuff Is Enuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont you just WISH you really knew who I am?? Everyone knows she is a fat ass b**ch!! and the festival thanks to her has become a joke
I really dont care who you are- you are a sad pathetic spinster with nothing of value or importance in your lonely life. You call someone a "fat ass'- I can imagine you are a real "looker" yourself- get a life- and always remember you are the joke!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appomattox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ted Cruz: 'Majority of violent criminals' are D... (Dec '15) Sun Our President Trump 2
News Charlottesville businessman who admitted to ste... Sun Our President Trump 1
hi Apr 19 hello 1
News Universities Shunning President Trump for Comme... Apr 11 Mikey 1
jeremy haskins (Apr '13) Nov '16 Loser FAR AND WIDE 9
Robert E. Lee Road changed to Buffalo Soldier R... (Feb '14) Jul '16 Donald 4
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1

Appomattox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Appomattox Mortgages