Virginia man accused of killing eight...

Virginia man accused of killing eight people and shooting down a helicopter turns himself in

There are 12 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jan 20, 2010, titled Virginia man accused of killing eight people and shooting down a helicopter turns himself in. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

The man suspected of killing eight people near Appomattox, Virginia on Tuesday turned himself in early Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

lincoln

blacksburg, va

#1 Jan 20, 2010
can you imagine if you looked at the picture and it was your next door neighbor?

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#2 Jan 20, 2010
lincoln wrote:
can you imagine if you looked at the picture and it was your next door neighbor?
I own sawed off shotguns, machine guns and silencers. If I saw that picture, I'd lock my doors, call police and notify them, put a loaded magazine in the submachine gun and two spares in my back pocket and then open a beer and wait for them damned public servants I pay taxes to go do their stinking job and arrest the killer.
phil

blacksburg, va

#3 Jan 21, 2010
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>I own sawed off shotguns, machine guns and silencers. If I saw that picture, I'd lock my doors, call police and notify them, put a loaded magazine in the submachine gun and two spares in my back pocket and then open a beer and wait for them damned public servants I pay taxes to go do their stinking job and arrest the killer.
And there you have it!
LadyeHawke

Harmony, PA

#4 Jan 21, 2010
In SW PA Richard Baumhammers murdered several people some six years ago. One of the victims lived down the road from me. Gov. Rendell recently signed the death warrant. However, it's been since 1995, I think, that the last person has been executed here.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#5 Jan 21, 2010
phil wrote:
<quoted text>
And there you have it!
No, you don't have it.
Viceroy_Prime

Houghton, MI

#6 Jan 25, 2010
LadyeHawke wrote:
In SW PA Richard Baumhammers murdered several people some six years ago. One of the victims lived down the road from me. Gov. Rendell recently signed the death warrant. However, it's been since 1995, I think, that the last person has been executed here.
The death penalty is barbaric and should be abolished. In fact, the death penalty is the sign and the crutch of a failed society.
LadyeHawke

Harmony, PA

#7 Jan 25, 2010
Viceroy_Prime wrote:
<quoted text>
The death penalty is barbaric and should be abolished. In fact, the death penalty is the sign and the crutch of a failed society.
Thank you, VP, for sharing your thoughts. The death penalty can be a deterent. It ought to be applied on a case by case situation and follow stringent guidelines. Just my opinion.
Politically Incorrect

Leetsdale, PA

#8 Jan 26, 2010
Viceroy_Prime wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing someone in cold blood, isn't barbaric? S'pose it was someone you loved...would you feel the same then? You're one of those "it'll never happen to me, or mine" people. Well, guess what, doofus...the last victim, the one b4 that, the one b4 that, etc...they must have thought the same thing to...and now look.

An eye for an eye, a hand for a hand, etc. Promise the death penalty, in a case where there is NO doubt of guilt, and you'll see deaths go down considerably. It won't stop 'em all, of course, but we have to start somewhere, to protect ourselves against the killers in this country, and the law's that protect them.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#9 Jan 26, 2010
LadyeHawke wrote:
The death penalty can be a deterent.
The death penalty is not a deterent.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#10 Jan 26, 2010
Politically Incorrect wrote:
<quoted text>

An eye for an eye, a hand for a hand, etc. Promise the death penalty, in a case where there is NO doubt of guilt, and you'll see deaths go down considerably. It won't stop 'em all, of course, but we have to start somewhere, to protect ourselves against the killers in this country, and the law's that protect them.
Actually, in a perfect world, people like yourself would be fed into a gas chamber so that you don't procreate and muddy up the gene pool.

But, anywhoo, the death penalty needs to be twice as expensive as a lifetime of incarceration. The cost to the taxpayer needs to be enough that everytime a death penalty is eventually carried out, some town in that state loses a brand new fire truck or snow plow to budget cuts.
American

Pineville, LA

#11 Jan 27, 2010
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>The death penalty is not a deterent.
I beg to differ Richard the death penalty is most definately a deterent! The death penalty is as Constitutional as idiots owning guns along with all life threatening weapons and refusing to lock them away in a steel storage cabinets away from the access of their children, young adults (angry with their parents for not letting them do what they want to do when they want to do it so they get your gun and shoot you to death) and dangerous people.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#12 Jan 27, 2010
American wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ Richard the death penalty is most definitely a deterrent!
No, it is not. The proof that the death penalty is not a deterrent is the fact that it didn't prevent this man from shooting 8 dead, nor did it prevent the man from shooting at the police helicopter.

Maybe what your frustration and confusion stems from, is that you simply don't know the definition of the word "deterrent"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appomattox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man Jan 12 Leroygreena 1
What happened to the Blair Products Company Fro... (May '07) Jan 3 Patty smith 261
Lazy white people (Aug '13) Dec 24 Stand United 38
christians helped elect the ANTICHRIST (Jun '17) Nov '17 Reality Check 5
cop shoots woman Nov '17 bulk 3
Wheels of soul shooting Oct '17 Just curious 1
hang out (Jul '17) Jul '17 not from here 1

Appomattox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Appomattox Mortgages