I hope all Appomattox businesses go o...

I hope all Appomattox businesses go out of business

Posted in the Appomattox Forum

Lance

Lynchburg, VA

#1 Jun 24, 2008
Appomattox County (in which redneck is viewed as an honor) allows dog hunting for deer. Since dogs (and most countians) can't read, there is no such thing as private property in Appomattox Co. Hunting is a privilege; private property is a right. I am in favor of eliminating hunting until private property rights are restored. I'll buy *nothing* from any business in this county, and I'll send money to any politician who opposes hunting.
Mary Weisland

Springfield, VA

#2 Aug 7, 2008
I used to live in Appomattox. I had dogs run across my property but they didn't really disturb anything. I even had a couple of the hunters come get their dogs. They were very polite. I found most of the people there to be intelligent hard working people. I would like to move back there when I retire.
Fencer

Madison Heights, VA

#3 Aug 7, 2008
Hard-working, ok, not so sure about intelligence...when my family moved there when I was a child, I thought I would DIE. The ignorance is profound. They are proud of this. According to statistics, 35 percent of the county don't even hold a GED! And those who hold the "power" don't have much more in the way of IQ or education, and they take great pains to keep any new, educated residents from holding office or otherwise becoming prominent in the community. The school system there is utter crap. Nothing for young people to do (except make meth). Picturesque, yes, but not much more.
Mary Weisland

Springfield, VA

#4 Aug 8, 2008
I will admit my interactions were limited mostly to church people. I did not have encounters any meth cookers that I knew of. I do not have children so I do not know how the school system is. I still don't think it is fair to say the entire county is ignorant just because you encountered a few people who may have been uneducated. I had no problem finding intelligent enjoyable people while I was there. I have traveled the entire United States and have found that there are good, bad, intelligent and not-so intelligent people any where you go.

“lovin my bunkin”

Since: Dec 09

appomattox.virginia

#5 Dec 9, 2009
im from appomattox and i did graduate from high school and done well for myself so kiss my azz!!!
rpe6800

Nathalie, VA

#6 Dec 14, 2009
In Buckingham County countless dogs roam the highways,lost, hungry and neglected from their owners after hunting season. Ive seen many dead along the roadside.The problem needs addressed and fixed.
rpe6800

Nathalie, VA

#7 Dec 14, 2009
When Wal-Mart comes to town, a lot of businesses will probably close. The True Value and Wilbuns will feel the most heat.
Mary Wiesland

Springfield, VA

#8 Dec 15, 2009
rpe6800 wrote:
In Buckingham County countless dogs roam the highways,lost, hungry and neglected from their owners after hunting season. Ive seen many dead along the roadside.The problem needs addressed and fixed.
I agree. People drive way too fast on the back roads killing peoples dogs and cats. They need to slow down. There are so many people moving into the areas from cities and they need to know that if you see a fox hound that has been hunting it will look like it hasn't eaten in days. They will be okay if you leave them alone they will go home. They have homing skills that help them find their way home. If you feed them they will stay and be your friend. Hunters who hunt with dogs usually take very good care of them because they want to use them for hunting. If you take the time to check you will find that they have all of their shots are are very healthy and they chase deer and other animals because it's their nature. You can't force a dog to hunt. They do it becase they like it. Most of the hunting dogs have collars with the owners name and phone number. There are even some hunters who are getting the implants in their dogs. More will do it as the price goes down.

I would like to suggest to people who move to Appomattox to get to know the people there. There will be some you like and some you don't just like any other place. The people in Appomattox that are worth knowing will accept you even if you are from someplace else. Ask people about hunting. You might find it's not as bad as you think. I for one like deer meat. It has very little fat, so it's healthier too. The more deer the hunters kill, the less likely you will hit one causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to your vehicle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appomattox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When is Lynchburg's GAY PRIDE PARADE???? (Jul '11) Jun 25 RealTalk19 8
Moving to the Area (Oct '16) Jun 24 Transplant 5
News Liberty University: Watch Trump's Full Commence... Jun 17 Bert 1
christians helped elect the ANTICHRIST Jun 17 DD Form 214 3
Review: Brownstone Properties (Aug '08) Jun 15 Tarnara 7
Who loves bbw women? Jun 5 Lori 3
Where is DJ Shady working? (Nov '10) May 29 meek Mahon 162

Appomattox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance