Morgan Harrington's T-Shirt - wtvr

Morgan Harrington's T-Shirt - wtvr

There are 222 comments on the WTVR story from Apr 15, 2010, titled Morgan Harrington's T-Shirt - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

Here is the news release from Virginia State Police: APPOMATTOX - In the six months since the disappearance and death of Morgan D. Harrington, Virginia State Police with the assistance of local investigators have pursued close to a thousand leads and interviewed more than 100 individuals as part of the on-going investigation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Abby

Clermont, FL

#1 Apr 15, 2010
...very strange how and where it was found. My only hope is that Ms. Harrington's and the perp's DNA are both on this shirt. I would love to see this murder solved and Dr. and Mrs. Harrington and their son find a little closure in such a heart wrenching case. It's a very dangerous world in which we live. We all need to take extra precautions and watch over each other.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nina Dowell

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Apr 15, 2010
There has to be someone who knows what happened to this girl. I live in Charlottesville, less than a mile from JPJ Arena. Since they found her body in January I no longer go out alone at night. It's just too scary to know that there is a killer, or killers amongst us hiding like thieves in the night. Whoever commited this crime is obviously from the Charlottesville area based on where they found her body. Morgan's family DESERVES closure. I would urge any UVA student who has even the slightest suspicion to come forward. Please. Wouldn't you want the same in return if it was your child?? Rest in peace Morgan. And to the Harrington's, please know that there are people in the community who continue to keep you in our prayers. I'm am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine anything worse than having to bury one of your children.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
baby girl

Huntington, WV

#3 Apr 15, 2010
i hope that this case will be solved soon

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
From Richmond

Stuarts Draft, VA

#4 Apr 16, 2010
Young ladies please DO NOT hitch hike. This poor girls family. I sure hope this is solved soon.
help

Waterloo, Canada

#5 Apr 23, 2010
Please anyone with information come forward and help this family find Morgan's killer. Please if you know something or seen anything please contact VSP. Just put yourself in Morgans shoe and that Morgan is out there trying to solve your case. No one wants to go thru what she did that night so if you know the people or person that done this to her just think it could of or still can be other or you. We all are scared that killers or out there and it can be one of us but the community is the one that keeps our streets safe and killers away from us and our kids. I wish that the VSP would investigate the blue ridge killing that just happen a month or so ago and see if he did this to her. People need to know that 29 is travel by a lot of people and that someone had to see something. I want to send my prayers to the family and friends of Morgans. PLEASE keep in mind if Morgan was here she would want to HELP you if she had or knew something! My heart is with you all!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Keep looking

Roanoke, VA

#6 Aug 24, 2010
How come all talk about this case and other missing and murdered women in SW Virginia has come to a stop? And why don't the police link these and give us more information. They can do more...a profile, some clues for someone who might know the perp...etc. Come on! Let's keep them on track.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Virginia _ Citizen

United States

#7 Aug 24, 2010
Very sad news. My prayer goes out the Harrington family. Keep in your thoughts nothing can prevent the truth from coming to light. I am sure justice will be serving for the death of Morgan. Keep praying and stay strong. God bless you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#8 Aug 26, 2010
I can't believe the way some of these very touching and helpful comments are judged so unfairly. If this was your wife,sister,girlfriend etc. I wonder how you would feel dealing with this horrific loss.

To Dr. and Mrs. Harrington.......Please know that people are praying for you and praying for a solution to this tragedy. God Bless You.
AICBond

Amherstburg, Canada

#9 Aug 26, 2010
greg in central va wrote:
I can't believe the way some of these very touching and helpful comments are judged so unfairly. If this was your wife,sister,girlfriend etc. I wonder how you would feel dealing with this horrific loss.
To Dr. and Mrs. Harrington.......Please know that people are praying for you and praying for a solution to this tragedy. God Bless You.
There is one or two people who post under different names, who have horrible things to say about the Harringtons, or any positive remarks about them. They approve anything neg. Probably talking to themselves. I would guess they are the ones with neg. judging as well.
AICBond

Canada

#10 Aug 27, 2010
Gil's Blog Aug. 27.

Is the loss of life (and lesser valued female life at that) an acceptable, statistically insignificant loss?
Our veneer of civilization is so glossy and beguiling, anything that doesn’t comply or feel compatible with it we ignore because we don’t want to factor it in and we don’t like to dwell on unpleasantness. In “less civilized societies” if a cobra bites or a wild dog snatches a child or a human predator strikes, the village rises up en-mass and beats the brush and bushes and searches vigorously, diligently to find and eradicate the evil that poses danger to the integrity of the community.
Here we look aside, wait for the grieving family to compose themselves, make nice and show decorum, because it makes us uneasy in our thin skinned civility to contemplate predators in our midst. The price of this strategy, of allowing acceptable levels of human loss, is that the numbers will continue to increase. Will your wife/mother/daughter/ husband/sister/niece/son have to be part of that growing number before YOU rise up and say NO MORE!!! Primitive people with little food take up sticks and demand justice. We more civilized folks settle back in our chairs and say “too bad, pretty girl – Next” and hit the remote button.
2 4 1

Gil, every word you have written is true.

Personally, I would gladly get a big stick, and use it if I knew who to use it on.(I am sure there are lots of others who feel the same way)
I am also a civilized person who usually would never let an ungentle remark escape these lips.
Blessings your way Gil, in the way of justice soon.
And, for all our sakes keep on talking and protesting the death of your beloved daughter as often and as loudly as you can.
The naysayers must know we will NOT tolerate any more rapes and murders. We will also not tolerate those who are cruel and ignorant to the parents of the victims. For some reason things have gotten horribly twisted in some areas of society. Wrong has become good and right has becaome bad, ie you do not "snitch"!!! Time to start reversing things again and realize it is RIGHT and just and life saving to snitch in certain cases.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JAFO

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Aug 27, 2010
Because everyone on this forum is a spectator, not an oversight committee. The police owe us nothing other than to catch the perpetrator and take him to trial.
Keep looking wrote:
How come all talk about this case and other missing and murdered women in SW Virginia has come to a stop? And why don't the police link these and give us more information. They can do more...a profile, some clues for someone who might know the perp...etc. Come on! Let's keep them on track.
IM SORRY BUT

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Aug 27, 2010
I hope they hurry up and solve this case because I am so sick and tired of hearing and reading about it. Yes I said it!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Rooted in Reality

#13 Aug 27, 2010
IM SORRY BUT wrote:
I hope they hurry up and solve this case because I am so sick and tired of hearing and reading about it. Yes I said it!!
Maybe the next victim will be one of your family members and people will grow tired of "hearing about it". The murderer of this young girl is STILL out there and until he is caught, there is never too much publicity.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wheeler

Ruckersville, VA

#14 Aug 27, 2010
I know many people in Charlottesville who took up sticks to search for Morgan soon after she went missing. Had I not been out of town on family business I would have been there myself.

These folks were not told about her hitch hiking, or her being drunk or stoned, and unfortunately from that time until now even their willingness to help has been tempered by these glaring omissions.

Areas were searched are JPJ that, in hindsight, was a complete waste of time. And certain dealers in ecstacy and meth slipped away into the darkness because, I assume, someone didn't want to tarnish reputations.

So yes, there is quite a bit of cynicism in Charlottesville, and inflammatory comments will not help.

The Harringtons are not going away, good for them if it helps their healing.

But with the evidence the public is privy to, a homicide investigation still not upgraded to a murder, underage substance abuse, confirmed hitch hiking, and dna evidence linking an individual in a Fairfax attack, if this case was ever considered as some threat or indictment towards UVA or Charlottesville at large, then such thinking is flat out ignoring the facts.

Blaming the victim is wrong, but blaming UVA or Charlottesville is not any more noble.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IM SORRY BUT

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Aug 30, 2010
greg in central va wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the next victim will be one of your family members and people will grow tired of "hearing about it". The murderer of this young girl is STILL out there and until he is caught, there is never too much publicity.
Greg what about the murders of other innocent people around here? What happened to Morgan Harrington was horrible but she isn't the first and probably won't be the last person murdered in this area. What about the publicity of the other murdered victims. Morgan Harrington is not the poster child of murdered victims in this area. I don't mean to sound harsh and insensitive about this because I feel for the family and I hope they get closer soon. All the focus just seemed to be centered around this case while there are other families out here suffering just as much. You may not agree with what I have said but I know that there are others out here that feel the same way as I do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Keep looking

Roanoke, VA

#16 Sep 19, 2010
Yes, we've got to find out what many of the others had in common...hobbies, sports, volunteering, churches, classes...I don't believe they were all random. There is something that connects them. Can anyone fill us in on some of these things they were involved in?
Abby

Richmond, VA

#17 Sep 20, 2010
IM SORRY BUT wrote:
<quoted text>
Greg what about the murders of other innocent people around here? What happened to Morgan Harrington was horrible but she isn't the first and probably won't be the last person murdered in this area. What about the publicity of the other murdered victims. Morgan Harrington is not the poster child of murdered victims in this area. I don't mean to sound harsh and insensitive about this because I feel for the family and I hope they get closer soon. All the focus just seemed to be centered around this case while there are other families out here suffering just as much. You may not agree with what I have said but I know that there are others out here that feel the same way as I do.
You wouldn't hear so much about this case if it weren't for the countless hours and devoted energies of Dr. and Mrs. Harrington. They have continued to keep this case alive. This is what the family and friends of others need to do as well. Tap into the media, hound the law enforcement, distribute posters, facebook... No story will stay in the public's eye unless you make it stay.

Rooted in Reality

#18 Sep 20, 2010
IM SORRY BUT wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%. I didn't mean to imply that this murder was any more/less important that the taking of anyone's life. ANY senseless act such as this should be condemned by the public in general and shows that this kind of crime is prevalent everywhere now. My heart goes out for the victim's and their families.

Thank you for this opportunity for clarification.
Keep looking

Roanoke, VA

#19 Sep 20, 2010
Yes, that's all well and good, but the fact remains that there are numerous others who are missing, or have been found murdered, just like Morgan. In fact, many of these families, including the Harringtons, have come together to try and get the authorities to do more. Last I read, there was one - that's 1 - FBI agent assigned. They need our help. Let's focus on what we can do to help. No one disputes how important the Harringtons are, it's been stated over and over. Let's get to work now...common activities, hobbies, organizations, etc.?
OldBikr

Gloucester, VA

#20 Sep 21, 2010
AICBond wrote:
[At first I went along with everything I heard about Morgan's case and the rape being connected.
As I thought more about it, I wondered if the black man did in fact rape the first victim, and someone knew about it, and decided to get DNA evidence from him and plant it on the shirt, which was placed in a location which would be sure to be found.(we, the public do not know where the DNA came from, ie the shirt)
This way a white guy could be responsible for Morgan's murder and get away with it by planting evidence (obtained from a condom, etc.) of the black guy. JMO. Really, just a thought. I am sure if this is the case, ie that the DNA did come from the "found" shirt, then LE certainly has thought of that angle, and perhaps this is why they did not come forth with the "story" till now.

Perhaps the CIA(or other military personelle, trained by the CIA) could have planted the shirt themselves, to throw the suspicion away from them.]

First you say garbage like this Bond, and now you are slandering some poor old motorcycle rider based on my tag name, you are pretty sad dude.

What are you going to do when the police do solve this thing and leave you looking stupid?

I'm betting you will abandon your screen name and take up a new persona and go be just as stupid somewhere else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appomattox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man Jan 12 Leroygreena 1
What happened to the Blair Products Company Fro... (May '07) Jan 3 Patty smith 261
Lazy white people (Aug '13) Dec 24 Stand United 38
christians helped elect the ANTICHRIST (Jun '17) Nov '17 Reality Check 5
cop shoots woman Nov '17 bulk 3
Wheels of soul shooting Oct '17 Just curious 1
hang out (Jul '17) Jul '17 not from here 1

Appomattox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Appomattox Mortgages