Tainted Foods At Piggly Wiggly

Posted in the Appleton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MedicalAlert

Ionia, MI

#1 Sep 25, 2010
ATTN: The Piggly Wiggly (Schroeders) in Appleton has recently been found to sell out dated or generally bad food products. Several customers have even reported illness after consuming bakery products and a brief inspection revealed the tag switching tactics use by the store manager (Dan Schroeder) were intentionally used in order to bolster sagging profits. You are advised not to patronize the store until such time as inspections are complete within the next six months. Keep your family safe.
Mitzie Miller

Appleton, WI

#2 Sep 25, 2010
Last week I was speaking to a family from New London, & they said the Pig in their town has filthy conditions & you really have to watch the food. YUCK.
Bob

Nashville, IN

#4 Oct 13, 2010
Yeah, it sucks here. And by the way, the managers name is Schneider, not schroeder. He's a dick. I've seen some idiots in my time, but this idiot has his management decisions swayed by TV ad's as far as I can tell. He is a total jerk and doesn't care about any of his hard working employees. Trust me, I'm stuck in a job here until I can find something better. He has a couple of gossip whores who lead him around by his cock. What a moron. Wonder if his wife knows....
Beware

Alma, MI

#6 Oct 22, 2010
This isn't the first time the Appleton Piggly Wiggly has been under suspicion for moronic management practices. Schneider is well known for being a complete idiot and moron. He is an expert for blaming others, making ridiculous claims and pretending to be a moral manager when his own character is tarnished. This is like a sneaky corrupt cop who hides behind the investment made in him by others. Appalling. DON'T SHOP THERE. LET THE STORE GO UNDER. WE PATRONS MUST SEND A MESSAGE BY BOYCOTTING THIS STORE! Besides, they never have anything decent or stocked there anyway. SHOP ELSEWHERE. Your money is too valuable somewhere else and who wants to risk buying tainted foods anyway? You "want" to risk being poisoned by a little market like that? BEWARE
czsq

Seymour, IN

#8 Oct 22, 2010
Bought some really, really bad chicken... the 10lb.
bag. I never smelled anything so bad in my life. When I returned it they acted like it was my fault & it was purchased the day before. I won't go back.
not all bad

Marshfield, WI

#10 Oct 24, 2010
Must have a lot to do with the management. We have a Piggly Wiggly store in Mosinee WI that is always clean, every item is fresh, staff wonderful. Have never had a single problem in years of shopping there. So thanks to our store manager.
Juliesmith

Delton, MI

#11 Nov 11, 2010
Well, it turns out this moron manager Dan Schneider has been firing all his best employees trying to apparently save money. Another typical idiot manager who would rather kill off his best people and hire puppies at minimum wage because of his lack of management skills. I was actually in the store when he was rude and very discourteous to several people. Couldn't believe it. I personally will never set foot in that Appleton Piggly Wiggly. The people that knew what they were doing have all been let go for bogus bullsh**t reasons. Isn't there a higher corporate authority to dismiss this man? If anyone knows how to get rid of this idiot, post it here please.
Fritz V

Appleton, WI

#13 Nov 24, 2010
Most of you commenters sounds like ex employees or old union employees. Half the comments posted here are from OH, IN, and VA. Makes no sense!
I shop there at least once a week and it's a fine store.
I've also visited with Mr Schneider and find him to be a pretty savvy fellow.
John Doe

Green Bay, WI

#15 Jan 30, 2011
This store really does suck. There is never any actually bread or buns in the Bakery Dept, anything that is ever on sale in their ads they are out of and if you do try to complain to their manager/owner Dan Schneider you get a empty, phoney apology from a tight wad, stuffed shirt, fat cat. Fritz V. you must be naive or just used to listening to B.S. Dont waste your precious time or money there. Trust me.
John

Green Bay, WI

#16 Jan 30, 2011
This store really does suck, there is never any actual bread or buns in the Bakery Dept, anything that is ever on sale in their ad, they are out of for the time being and if you try to complain to their manager/owner Dan Schneider, all you get is a empty apology from that arrogant, phoney, stuffed shirt, fat cat. Fritz V. you are either naive or just used to hearing bullsh*t. Don't waste your precious time or money shopping there. Trust me!
John

Green Bay, WI

#17 Jan 30, 2011
John Doe wrote:
This store really does suck. There is never any actually bread or buns in the Bakery Dept, anything that is ever on sale in their ads they are out of and if you do try to complain to their manager/owner Dan Schneider you get a empty, phoney apology from a tight wad, stuffed shirt, fat cat. Fritz V. you must be naive or just used to listening to B.S. Dont waste your precious time or money there. Trust me.
I'm a Appleton resident, I don't know why Topix used Green Bay as my hometown, made those posts from the other city/states had the same problem.
Mary Matthews

Green Bay, WI

#18 Feb 3, 2011
I agree with you John, their Bakery is terrible. I've shopped in there and found the rolls and bread either overbaked and too dark or underbaked and still doughy inside. I only shop there as a last resort.
Dick

Green Bay, WI

#19 Feb 4, 2011
Sheesh, I just left this bakery. It is terrible. I complained to some (b)itch named Connie and she gave me unbelievable attitude. What the hell is going on in there? Some fat dude named Bob working in the bakery stood around with his finger in his butt scratching himself and handling bakery products. Oh my god. People, stay away. I also heard someone died from eating their tainted stuff. Copps, here I come from now on. If Connie reads this, go (f)uck yourself. Managers are supposed to fix customer concerns, not create them. Who owns this piece of garbage store anyway? Are they that unaware?
FritzV

Appleton, WI

#20 Feb 4, 2011
Tom, Dick and Mary..
Yu people have to be nutz and have a hidden (actually quite out in the open) agenda. Are you all ex, jealous employees or what.. Coops employees now ???? Your BS is so stupid that it's really laughable.
Duder

Appleton, WI

#23 Feb 17, 2011
FritzV wrote:
Tom, Dick and Mary..
Yu people have to be nutz and have a hidden (actually quite out in the open) agenda. Are you all ex, jealous employees or what.. Coops employees now ???? Your BS is so stupid that it's really laughable.
Is this Dan or what?
Quill

Menasha, WI

#24 Feb 19, 2011
i have worked there (after ownership has changed) and can personally support these claims.
i know that the store was doing bad and uses any tactics it could (legal or otherwise) to boost profits.
Quill

Menasha, WI

#25 Feb 19, 2011
Fritz V wrote:
Most of you commenters sounds like ex employees or old union employees. Half the comments posted here are from OH, IN, and VA. Makes no sense!
I shop there at least once a week and it's a fine store.
I've also visited with Mr Schneider and find him to be a pretty savvy fellow.
it's Dan, hi Dan!
Becky

Neenah, WI

#26 Jul 20, 2012
czsq wrote:
Bought some really, really bad chicken... the 10lb.
bag. I never smelled anything so bad in my life. When I returned it they acted like it was my fault & it was purchased the day before. I won't go back.
I was at the meat sale in the Menasha Wisconsin store and they had the 10lb. bags of chicken breast in clear bags with a twist tie with chicken juice spilled all over the top of the bag on the outside. It was so gross, nobody wanted to pick them up much less purchase.
Georgie

Appleton, WI

#27 Jul 24, 2012
I have been shopping there for about two years now and haven't one complaint.I have been treated very well by Dan and all the employees.
Dan even donated to the Non-profit org. that I work for, which we are all thankful for the big donation.
I have never seen a dirty place in the store. Pretty sure, like what was said, that there are a lot of ex-employees on this forum.
Morgan

Appleton, WI

#28 Jul 26, 2012
I also did work there. Dan talked/ treated his employess like shit. All the experation stuff re taging.. TRUE. Firing all full time employees to not have to pay for heath insurance.. Look at it in there its a carnival!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 3 hr An NFL Fan 7,061
Should you Trust Theda Clark? Sep 7 semi a victim 3
DHS Throws Disabled Under the Bus Aug '14 Janet Atkinson 1
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Pro People 2,234
Protesters sling mud at Wisconsin 'Pig Rassle' Aug '14 USA R0CKS 9
The Chapman family - Supernanny (Mar '13) Aug '14 Epimady 3
What To Do About Bad Lawyers (Sep '06) Aug '14 Danielle 90

Appleton Jobs

Appleton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Appleton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Appleton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]