Alcohol detected in driver whose car ...

Alcohol detected in driver whose car collided with SUV in fatal Bur...

There are 111 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 19, 2010, titled Alcohol detected in driver whose car collided with SUV in fatal Bur.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Alcohol was detected in the system of a Savage woman whose car crossed the median and struck an SUV carrying a Burnsville family Sunday night, the Minnesota State Patrol said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Capt Obvious

Saint Paul, MN

#45 Jul 19, 2010
When will people wake up? Why does everyone think this will happen to someone else and not themselves? Now she'll have to live the rest of her life with the guilt of taking away an innocent 11-year-old's life because she chose to live life without any sense of responsibility.

You deserve every moment that you are in jail - and the guilt you'll feel long after they let you out after a few months...
Heh

Louisville, KY

#46 Jul 19, 2010
Where is the mug shot?
Junior Skeptic

New York, NY

#47 Jul 19, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
koua killed 3 people
Oxboro, do you have some kind of personal vendetta against Koua Fong Lee? Every time he gets mentioned you are there attacking this man for no reason. Unless you were personally related to the victims it is time for you to go away.
Riot

Madison, WI

#48 Jul 19, 2010
We don't know why she crossed the median. We do know because of her action a young boy is dead. I don't think she has any way of getting around it. How or why she got to that point and made that choice has nothing to do with what should happen. She took a life and now she will do the time.
yepper

Saint Paul, MN

#49 Jul 19, 2010
really wrote:
Star Tribune just reported that she had an open alcohol container and drug paraphernalia in her car. She deserves time in jail for causing this terrible tragedy.
<quoted text>
Gotcha. I had not gone to that site, and was only dealing with the "facts" presented here by Pi Press. Impaired driving is not to be condoned, and especially not when it causes loss of life. Let me make that perfectly clear. Personal responsibility must be taken into account.
Ms V

Saint Paul, MN

#50 Jul 19, 2010
My boyfriend lost his cousin, my boyfriend's father lost his grand-nephew that he would go watch play baseball. The affect of this goes way beyond the immediate family; there is extended family and friends as well. To the father who has to tell his 11-year old that his buddy won't be with us anymore, I don't wish that on my worse enemy. This will be one of the more difficult funerals I might ever attend. These folks are nice people; I've actually met them. And yes, people, it CAN happen to you!
Ms V

Saint Paul, MN

#51 Jul 19, 2010
xrabvlle wrote:
Thanks for your carelessness lady... I now get to go home after work and explain to my own 11 year old boy that his buddy from hockey and baseball is dead.
I don't know these people well at all, but when I did meet them I really liked them and they were very warm, caring, generous people. I will be thinking of you tonight after work. Other than losing your own child, I cannot imagine having to tell your own his buddy is gone.
We arent as dumb as you

Lakeville, MN

#52 Jul 19, 2010
Junior Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxboro, do you have some kind of personal vendetta against Koua Fong Lee? Every time he gets mentioned you are there attacking this man for no reason. Unless you were personally related to the victims it is time for you to go away.
Guess what not everyone is a foolish as you. The prosecution had two experts say that the brakes were fine. Sure the defense found someone that said they weren't. So justice was done and doesnt need to be replayed. Most of the public isn't fooled by high price defense attorney's who will say anything and make anything up to get there clients a second chance.
soccerfan

Minneapolis, MN

#53 Jul 19, 2010
Here is her facebook ststus from yesterday morning before the crash....she's f'ed

Leah Graeber smoke smoke smoke?.!!!?.!!!1!!!.
Yesterday at 7:52am via Mobile Web Share
Unbelievable

Savage, MN

#54 Jul 19, 2010
Heh wrote:
Where is the mug shot?
She pretty scary. Look up her name on Facebook. She's a HUGE Chris Brown, the rapper, fan. She wants to have his babies. That's how intelligent she is.
Tried

Saint Paul, MN

#55 Jul 19, 2010
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
She pretty scary. Look up her name on Facebook. She's a HUGE Chris Brown, the rapper, fan. She wants to have his babies. That's how intelligent she is.
I still don't see her picture.
YOUR MOM

Plymouth, MN

#56 Jul 19, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
koua killed 3 people
She was DRUNK
YOUR MOM

Plymouth, MN

#57 Jul 19, 2010
We arent as dumb as you wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what not everyone is a foolish as you. The prosecution had two experts say that the brakes were fine. Sure the defense found someone that said they weren't. So justice was done and doesnt need to be replayed. Most of the public isn't fooled by high price defense attorney's who will say anything and make anything up to get there clients a second chance.
Or is that what the media is portraying? YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THE MEDIA, yet you can call others foolish when YOU'RE THE FOOL!
Unbelievable

Savage, MN

#58 Jul 19, 2010
Tried wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't see her picture.
Click on the Chris Brown picture and it will open up a few more pictures. There are 2 of her.
good thing

Saint Paul, MN

#59 Jul 19, 2010
she had alcohol in her system or else she would be facing prison time
no soin zone

United States

#60 Jul 19, 2010
yepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to share the "report" that drug paraphernalia was also found in her vehicle? No such information was included in this "piece." If she was not actively impaired under the influence of said drugs as well, the point would be moot.
Don't add insult to the family who lost their child in this accident by making things up for a "juicier" story, please. That's pretty insulting.
Stupid Fk you watch the news tonight you will the drug story so shut your pie hole.
No spin zone

United States

#61 Jul 19, 2010
Ya me!
Tried

Saint Paul, MN

#62 Jul 19, 2010
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
Click on the Chris Brown picture and it will open up a few more pictures. There are 2 of her.
Thanks. Saw the pic's. They will have fun with her in prison.
Sad

Duluth, MN

#63 Jul 19, 2010
Knew this Leah girl. She lived in the Willoway Apartments in Burnsville (off Co rd 5) 6 years ago. Back then she received section 8 housing and food stamps. She worked at Cub Foods. Always drunk always on drugs. Appears she has learned nothing. Glad our tax dollars got wasted on that piece of trash. Sad to see good people suffer due to someones refusal to show any self control.
Just Too Sad

Minneapolis, MN

#64 Jul 19, 2010
How many more will die because of drunk drivers before Minnesota gets tough. The liquor and beer lobbyists are strong, of course, but no one should have to die because somebody is drinking (or texting).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apple Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
murder in bloomington park (Aug '06) Aug 28 Bob 18
News Suspect in Rosemount hit-and-run knows trouble (Feb '10) Aug 15 Bob Barker 125
News Wal-Mart tries new tack in grocery wars (Aug '09) Aug 4 Joe Balls 82
Lindsay Becker, 24 of Apple Valley, Minnesota w... Jul '15 MissUSInternational 1
News Residents of Inver Grove Heights mobile home pa... (Mar '08) Mar '15 uffda 59
News South-metro church coalition brings depression ... (Feb '10) Feb '15 Andy Alt 3
News Apple Valley makes connections in 2005 (Jan '06) Apr '14 King Vijaya 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Apple Valley Mortgages