Canton

Canton, OH

#27298 Mar 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Until this big-eared dope came to town, over 80% of us got our healthcare coverage through our employer and we were quite happy with it thank you. It's what we working people call a benefit.
Strange, because I know several people who work crappy, underpaid jobs, just for the health care coverage. Thanks to Obama, the hero who took out the number one terrorist in the world, now they can tell those underpaid jobs to go screw themselves. I know that makes you mad but REAL Americans are happily signing up by the millions, yet the world is still turning. Only a corporate fetch boy would be against them having options and not being stuck with an underpaid job. Don't worry. You guys will be shuffling back into the shadows like you always do and all the crazy crap you guys claimed would happen if poor people got health insurance will never happen and you'll never be held accountable for your absurd claims. You know. Standard practice for the GOP.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#27299 Mar 29, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>You reply and click on articles yet you can't look anything up? Get a kid from the area and they can show you how in about 2 minutes or less.
Why are you so aggressive & denigrating? Security & self esteem issues?
I never said that I CAN"T look anything up even tho you seem to have decided that.
With all of the links supplied, including by you, which is OK by me unless your trying to tell me that you post useless stuff....I didn't think so.
I am not embarrassed to be computer friendly but not being noted for being computer nerdish. Nor is being computer nerdish bad.
I promise you that I know & am skilled in a ton things that you aren't skilled in. Should I explain some of them & insult you? Nah, Then I would be like you & that is NOT something that I aspire to.
Besides, as I stated B4, I read, check out TV & radio and get a cross section of info sources. I'm doing fine.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27300 Mar 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, because I know several people who work crappy, underpaid jobs, just for the health care coverage. Thanks to Obama, the hero who took out the number one terrorist in the world, now they can tell those underpaid jobs to go screw themselves. I know that makes you mad but REAL Americans are happily signing up by the millions, yet the world is still turning. Only a corporate fetch boy would be against them having options and not being stuck with an underpaid job. Don't worry. You guys will be shuffling back into the shadows like you always do and all the crazy crap you guys claimed would happen if poor people got health insurance will never happen and you'll never be held accountable for your absurd claims. You know. Standard practice for the GOP.
You must know more people than I do because I don't know of anybody working an underpaid job because they are afraid to lose their healthcare coverage. In fact, I never knew anybody like that. When people are ready to leave, they just leave and healthcare coverage is the last thing on their minds.

To be honest, I also don't know many people that quit their job before they found a new one. Healthcare or not, that's a no-no because future employers don't like that kind of activity. The norm is to find a new job first, give two weeks notice to your current employer, and then switch jobs.

But your claim begs the question: how is Commie Care helping anybody with an underpaying job today? What's different? I mean, if their job paid so badly, they don't have the money to continue their healthcare coverage, and they certainly don't have the money to just quit their job without having another one.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27301 Mar 29, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm... Using that logic, you could cancel your home owner's insurance and have more money in your pocket, too.
Just make sure that you will not be wiped out financially by a hospital stay. I've seen it happen to others, and I don't want to see it happen to you.
I appreciate your concern, but those other people were likely over the 4X poverty limit line. If that were the case, I would have no choice but to get any kind of insurance. I'm several thousand dollars under that line so even with the new money in my paycheck, I'll still qualify for free treatment.

Besides, my plan is to pay off a lot of bills with this new money and if Commie Care is still around next year, I can then sign up for it during the enrollment period and get a half-way decent plan. I'm not going to live like this forever. I don't like "free" care provided to me by anybody. I'm used to earning what I have.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27302 Mar 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You must know more people than I do because I don't know of anybody working an underpaid job because they are afraid to lose their healthcare coverage. In fact, I never knew anybody like that.
I've known quite a few. As you get older, odds are you will have a preexisting condition or two. It makes it difficult to change jobs because you are afraid you will not be able to be re-insured by a new company. One of the best things about ACA was preventing insurance companies from denying coverage to those with preexisting conditions.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27303 Mar 29, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> My situation is like that. One 4th of my GROSS pay would go to premium & deductible. There is of course still housing, utilities ( I do not have cable or premium ISP ) groceries, transportation & of course the lawfully mandated auto insurance. There is too little left for ins payments of $250-$300 + per month. It just isn't there.
My employer is struggling too so I sure can't expect a raise of any size or anytime soon. I would sleep better with med ins but the $$ is NOT in my budget. I saved what I could for months to get tires on my car. Inexpensive tires. No tires, no 12 yr old car, no 12 yr old car, I can't get to work. Priorities
I hear ya. These liberals think that we all have an extra 3,4,6 hundred dollars a month for medical insurance, but most of us were already on some kind of budget. If you are getting healthcare insurance through your employer, watch out, ours went up 30% in the last two years, and I've been hearing stories of some cases where it went up 60% in two years.

Look for more and more employers to drop coverage for their workers--especially smaller businesses. Before Commie Care, insurance companies were able to offset losses by insuring much larger businesses. Now that the larger businesses are getting out of providing coverage, that dramatically increases costs to smaller businesses. It's why I lost my coverage.

DumBama is not going to let this go no matter how many millions of lives it destroys, or even if every single Democrat running next year gets defeated. It's all about politics with him and he could care less about any of us.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27304 Mar 29, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known quite a few. As you get older, odds are you will have a preexisting condition or two. It makes it difficult to change jobs because you are afraid you will not be able to be re-insured by a new company. One of the best things about ACA was preventing insurance companies from denying coverage to those with preexisting conditions.
I hope you forgive me for not believing you. I've been an insulin dependent diabetic for nearly 30 years now, and of course, I have secondary problems like cholesterol and blood pressure, and I haven't been refused by any insurance company all these years. In those years, I've had several different jobs.

I do know that if you ever break coverage for any reason, your new insurance company at your new job may not cover you for one full year. After that one year, they will usually cover your problems that are related to your preexisting condition. The trick was to never be uninsured for more than a month.

My niece has multiple preexisting conditions--some going all the way back to when she was born. She's a waitress working her way through college, and even she was able to get coverage through her company several years ago.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27305 Mar 29, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you are fortunate to have good healthcare at no cost to you. Sounds like what those "liberals" have been suggesting for all of us, right?
So, tell me why you are upset about losing your employer-sponsored insurance? It sounds like you just have more money in your pocket, but you still have healthcare.
The Free Clinic of Cleveland is a wonderful resource (I had a friend that used to volunteer there when it was just getting started in the early 1970s.) But you must realize that it depends on professionals donating their services, cash donations from individuals and organizations, and (a big piece of the pie) money from the government. It's charity, for those unable to provide for themselves. Does that bother you?
Sure it bothers me. But like Sylvester Stallone said in the first Rambo movie "I didn't draw first blood sir."

In fact, if you dig back in this topic to the months after DumBama's reelection, I stated to the participants here that I was giving up. I was going on SS disability. I was so aggravated that people would reelect a guy like this, that I just said screw it. If people in the US want more government dependents, I'll just become one of them. What do I care? I'm sick of working anyway. You can't fight city hall.

I was really considering it too. I felt defeated. It's not because "my guy" lost, it was because I felt the country turned against me; everybody looking out for themselves instead of the country; everybody getting their hands in the cookie jar.

So now I feel the same way about this healthcare deal. I did what I could to stop it. I not only voted against it, but tried to convince others to do the same. I was telling others of this exact thing happening to us, and now that it's finally happening and my predictions came true, the polls for Obama and Commie Care are sinking every month. But it's just too late now.

It's a philosophy I've always believed in: Every action causes a reaction. If the action is positive, it usually draws a positive reaction. If the action is negative, it usually draws a negative reaction. So my negative reaction is because of the negative action taken against me. After all, this is what the people voted for.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27306 Mar 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your concern OG.
As my employer explained to me, that $300.00 per month that he is giving me actually costs him $450.00 per month when you include all the workman's compensation insurance, unemployment insurance, matching SS and Medicare contributions not to mention our retirement account that he has to pay into. The IRS will not allow any exchange of money between employer and employee without deductions taken out. When all is figured, he only has 300 dollars of that 450 left to give us. How can we complain about that?
If the Democrats could have figured that in whereas they allowed an employer to pay an employee strictly for health insurance coverage and nothing taken out, my problems would be solved. But I'm sure they figured out that when employers do what my employer did, that's more tax money for them.
The second part of the problem is that this catastrophic insurance doesn't cover anything until the first 5 to 6 thousand dollars are billed to the customer. In other words, it does me very little good to have it unless I have a terrible accident or a surgery of some kind.
The clinic that I've been going to my entire life told me that if I make less than 4 times the poverty rate, they would treat me for anything from a doctors visit right up to major surgery, and they wouldn't bill me one dime PROVIDED I have no health insurance at all.
So the problem is that if I take that crap insurance, I am not only paying into something I'll probably never use, but I will still have to pay for all my medical care in cash up to the deductible. If I have no insurance at all, I can use that money for better things and still get the medical care I need for free.
Doing the math, if I take the insurance, it will cost me $3,000 a year for the insurance, and if I actually get $3,000 of medical care that I have to pay for in cash, I wasted $6,000. With no insurance, I keep that $6,000 per year.
The other thing your boss could have done was just keep paying your insurance like he always had.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27307 Mar 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your concern, but those other people were likely over the 4X poverty limit line. If that were the case, I would have no choice but to get any kind of insurance. I'm several thousand dollars under that line so even with the new money in my paycheck, I'll still qualify for free treatment.
Besides, my plan is to pay off a lot of bills with this new money and if Commie Care is still around next year, I can then sign up for it during the enrollment period and get a half-way decent plan. I'm not going to live like this forever. I don't like "free" care provided to me by anybody. I'm used to earning what I have.
Then don't take the free care. God, you are a real piece of work. You are benefiting immensely from the program you call "Commie Care" and do nothing but bitch about it. If you had a shred of integrity you would either pay your own way and not accept the free care or simply say "Thank you."
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27308 Mar 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you forgive me for not believing you. I've been an insulin dependent diabetic for nearly 30 years now, and of course, I have secondary problems like cholesterol and blood pressure, and I haven't been refused by any insurance company all these years. In those years, I've had several different jobs.
I do know that if you ever break coverage for any reason, your new insurance company at your new job may not cover you for one full year. After that one year, they will usually cover your problems that are related to your preexisting condition. The trick was to never be uninsured for more than a month.
My niece has multiple preexisting conditions--some going all the way back to when she was born. She's a waitress working her way through college, and even she was able to get coverage through her company several years ago.
All of that and you still smoke. Your feet are going to fall off, you ingrate.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27309 Mar 29, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't take the free care. God, you are a real piece of work. You are benefiting immensely from the program you call "Commie Care" and do nothing but bitch about it. If you had a shred of integrity you would either pay your own way and not accept the free care or simply say "Thank you."
I benefit from Commie Care? How? Because I lost my healthcare insurance? That's a benefit?

Why are you complaining about me getting healthcare? This is what you wanted, remember, you voted this big-eard creep into office, twice. I didn't. I didn't want him anywhere near me, my employer or my healthcare plan. This is what you people wanted, so now I'm giving you what you want.

You have no reason to complain.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27310 Mar 29, 2014
<quoted text>
All of that and you still smoke. Your feet are going to fall off, you ingrate.
Sounds like you know about as much about diabetes as you do politics.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27311 Mar 29, 2014
<quoted text>
The other thing your boss could have done was just keep paying your insurance like he always had.
He could have if not for Commie Care. He can't pass those huge premium increases to our customers. They would look for other companies to deal with. 30% in two years is a hell of an increase. From what I understand, our competitors are getting out of the healthcare gig too. It's spreading like cancer across the country.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27312 Mar 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I benefit from Commie Care? How? Because I lost my healthcare insurance? That's a benefit?
Why are you complaining about me getting healthcare? This is what you wanted, remember, you voted this big-eard creep into office, twice. I didn't. I didn't want him anywhere near me, my employer or my healthcare plan. This is what you people wanted, so now I'm giving you what you want.
You have no reason to complain.
You have absolutely no self awareness, do you?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27313 Mar 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/03/27/why-smo...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27314 Mar 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
He could have if not for Commie Care. He can't pass those huge premium increases to our customers. They would look for other companies to deal with. 30% in two years is a hell of an increase. From what I understand, our competitors are getting out of the healthcare gig too. It's spreading like cancer across the country.
Premiums have been going up every year for ever. You just never cared when it appeared to be the result of capitalism.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27315 Mar 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a lot about diabetes. I've seen the nasty side of it, more than once. They couldn't afford treatments.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27316 Mar 29, 2014
<quoted text>
Premiums have been going up every year for ever. You just never cared when it appeared to be the result of capitalism.
Sure, premiums have been going up and even without Commie Care, they would have continued. But the drastic markups the last couple years are the result of Commie Care and the regulations that accompany the idiotic law.

Employers can keep up with 5,6,8% increases, but 30% in two years is just not sustainable.
What if your car insurance, house insurance, or even grocery bill went up 30% in two years? Next year it's going to be even worse. It's the straw that broke the camels back.

My employer did all that he could do. I can detect guilt on his face when he talks about it. He feels terrible. He has been the biggest proponent of Commie Care since he made the decision to cut our healthcare program. When I told him I was not going to join the program, he was very concerned. I feel bad for the guy. He feels like he's letting us down. It's a real shame what Obama and the Democrats have done to the people of this country.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27317 Mar 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, premiums have been going up and even without Commie Care, they would have continued. But the drastic markups the last couple years are the result of Commie Care and the regulations that accompany the idiotic law.
Employers can keep up with 5,6,8% increases, but 30% in two years is just not sustainable.
What if your car insurance, house insurance, or even grocery bill went up 30% in two years? Next year it's going to be even worse. It's the straw that broke the camels back.
My employer did all that he could do. I can detect guilt on his face when he talks about it. He feels terrible. He has been the biggest proponent of Commie Care since he made the decision to cut our healthcare program. When I told him I was not going to join the program, he was very concerned. I feel bad for the guy. He feels like he's letting us down. It's a real shame what Obama and the Democrats have done to the people of this country.
Too bad none of that is true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apple Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
the music thread (Apr '12) Sep 4 Musikologist 16
Aultman Orrville Hospital: Experienced in slack... Aug '14 Robin Hartman 1
Dalton District plans open houses for new, old ... Aug '14 ohon 1
Ohio Man Arrested in Connection with 1995 Murde... Aug '14 riffon 1
50th anniversary: The Rev. Roland and Shirley B... Aug '14 skirp 1
•••
•••
•••

Apple Creek Jobs

•••
•••
•••