Appalachia Upcoming Election

Posted in the Appalachia Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Concerned Voter

Natural Bridge, VA

#1 Apr 25, 2012
I was in Town today and I heard from someone that Mr. Galloway has said that if he was re-elected that he would see that Mr. Luntsford & Mrs. Hilton would be let go. Has anyone else heard this? This bothers me being as it sounds like he and his running mates have a personal agenda. I also heard Mrs. Boyd is favoring the "Galloway" crew. Is this so?
oh lord

Nashville, TN

#2 Apr 25, 2012
GROW UP. someone needs to get them two out, but he can make the promise all he wants, the COUNCIL has to agree upon it. they are way to over payed for the so called work they do.

and all human beings have agendas, some good and some bad...
Wiener

Huntingdon, TN

#3 Apr 26, 2012
"oh lord", Your telling them to grow up and yet you post "someone needs to get,..etc", then you contradict yourself saying "the COUNCIL,..." (more than "someone" in the same sentence? Also, sounds to me as if you might be somewhat envious of the pay they receive for their work. No reason to hate just because of that. They do work hard for their salary, they have to put up with A LOT. And as for agendas, Eddie G. wants so bad to be the lead man, the go to man, he has been seen at Ben Coopers house multiple times by various persons, know, it could have been a well being check for all I know, but just him a council member being associated with him looks horrible for the town. I have personally heard Mr. G talk about Mr. Cooper like a ole yeller dog, he is untrustworthy in my eyes and unfortunately will remain that way. All Mr. G wants is to stir trouble, and I for one do not like that. His time has come and gone, vote him out or mark my words, Appalachia will fall by the wayside.
BUSTED

Huntingdon, TN

#4 Apr 26, 2012
In The Post you said "ALL MY TAXES ARE PAID", not according to the WISE COUNTY GIS. DELINQUENT COUNTY TAXES for 2011 and still owe for 2012. Shame, shame, that isn't the truth, and if it isn't the truth, it is UNTRUE, something that most people would call a LIE.
BUSTED

Huntingdon, TN

#5 Apr 26, 2012
Glad to see that "ALL MY TAXES ARE PAID" has paid the tax owed. That wouldn't have been pretty. Advice to you, Would make the GIS mark my taxes paid. Did you pay the taxes before you answered that question, or after the question was posed to you?
wow

United States

#6 Apr 26, 2012
Weiner it isn't a crime to be seen at someones house. The hard work they do? They are never there to do it. The woman deserving the most pay, who has been there forever sits up front and gets paid probably less than anyone at the town hall. You sound like one of them snobby kids of theirs anyways. The town is soooo in debt according to them, yet they can ask for money remodel and paint and order new furniture for the people who are never there and break laws etc. Also, I'd like you to show me one person in appalachia who doesn't associate with a piece of crap!
i like this town

Brentwood, TN

#7 Apr 26, 2012
yea eg would love to get his 3 in office they would make him mayor woo hoo but he would love it he could run to his ol bud for advice town would go flop fred does a good job best town has ever had like the signs say keep appy going forward stay away from eg
oh lord

Nashville, TN

#8 Apr 26, 2012
town isn't going strong at all! even if they keep the same council, they need a new town manager period!
vote none above

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Apr 26, 2012
I am voting for none above!!! Let the county take over is what we need!!!!! VOTE NONE ABOVE!!!
Betrayed by Galloway

Natural Bridge, VA

#10 Apr 27, 2012
BUSTED wrote:
Glad to see that "ALL MY TAXES ARE PAID" has paid the tax owed. That wouldn't have been pretty. Advice to you, Would make the GIS mark my taxes paid. Did you pay the taxes before you answered that question, or after the question was posed to you?
I feel like the biggest fool! I trusted Eddie. He was being so nice and "concerned" about me and our situation. I did some investigation of my own and come to find out, his taxes were not paid until AFTER the interview with The Post, and to read his and Astrops responce to the tax questions were uncalled for in my opinion. They both sounded like smart alecs in their answers. I am so very disappointed. They had me fooled. If he would not tell the whole truth as to something so simple as the tax question, what bigger untruth is he willing tell you if he gets on council. I can tell everyone now, my two votes have changed, and all the support that I gave, is gone! Don't speak to me again Eddie. I am DONE with you and your ways!
Registered

Nashville, TN

#11 Apr 27, 2012
I also read the article in the Post and on the Heritage Channel. I thought all of our candidates did a good job. I think we as most need to quit bashing otheres. I know it would be a hard job to be on COUNCIL to put up with some is hard enough. I think we as adults need to take responsibilty. The first responsible thing that needs to be done is making sure those we hire in town do the job they are paid to do. We shouldn't have to stand in line to pay anything. When I went over to pay my taxes the hardest working person their was Ms. Clendenon and she was working by herself like most times when I am in the office. I see others pass by and and not offer to help I think you need to CROSS TRAIN all employees so the others can step up to the job. I think you need to put in place a policy that involves all employees and make sure they know what time they are suppose to be a work, I stopped by one morning at 8:30 to pay my waterbill and the door was unlocked but no one at the front desk the lights were off out front the only one I saw there was Mr. Luntsford and he was on the phone, if policy as your sign says when you are open then make sure someone is there to man the office. This is poor management or time wasted and who do you think pays for this us as tax payers. If you can't be responsible for your actions then take action. I for one am tired of some of the things that go on in our small community and if I see some of these small things then MANAGEMENT should be seeing them unless they have BLINDERS on. This is what makes most of us angry that nothing seems to be done about this. I also see TOWN VEHICLES in other towns and I am wondering why it takes so many employees to ride in the VEHICLES from town to town, I see that it should only take one the others could be in our town doing town business. Does it take one to drive, one to give directions and one to do the business, I think not. The one who drives should be doing the business the other two could be cleaning out the ditches and shoveling up the debri. I am not paid to tell anyone what to do though but the ones paid should be keeping up with their employees while they are at work somone if lacking. Management needs to get more involved in what their employees are doing and get a grip on where they are at all times. Haste is Waste and Waste causes us taxpayers.
Appalachia Citizen

United States

#12 Apr 27, 2012
I am voting for Tull, Swiney, and Ted Collins. Ted does a good job with the planning commission. I think things are moving forward and things are so much better than they were 10 years ago. Don't forget your past or you will be forced to relive it.
Waiting

Huntingdon, TN

#13 Apr 27, 2012
Can promise you this, if the majority of Eddie's crew gets voted in, mark my word, I will up and move. The thoughts of having to relive previous coucils and management sickens me. Tull, Collins and Swiney, yep, that's the way to vote.
Baptist

Natural Bridge, VA

#14 Apr 27, 2012
I am appalled to hear of any church hosting a POLITICAL "Get To Know" certain candidates at their church. This is just apalling, plane and simple. The UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION mentions a SEPARTION OF CHURCH AND STATE. You people are freaks! This gives even more reason for the other 3 candidates to become elected. I honestly cannot believe this is happening. Reminding me more and more of the Cooper, Galloway, and Sharrett days!! Appalachia God watch over you, you will fall into the hands of the Wolves in Sheeps clothing.

This is HORRIBLE.
Appalachia Citizen

United States

#16 Apr 27, 2012
Baptist wrote:
I am appalled to hear of any church hosting a POLITICAL "Get To Know" certain candidates at their church. This is just apalling, plane and simple. The UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION mentions a SEPARTION OF CHURCH AND STATE. You people are freaks! This gives even more reason for the other 3 candidates to become elected. I honestly cannot believe this is happening. Reminding me more and more of the Cooper, Galloway, and Sharrett days!! Appalachia God watch over you, you will fall into the hands of the Wolves in Sheeps clothing.
This is HORRIBLE.
. I agree. How in the world have people forgotten what our town and citizens experienced with Ben Cooper. This is like deja' vu. I hope people open their eyes. I am praying for our town and citizens.
Concerned Voter

Natural Bridge, VA

#17 Apr 27, 2012
Appalachia Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>. I agree. How in the world have people forgotten what our town and citizens experienced with Ben Cooper. This is like deja' vu. I hope people open their eyes. I am praying for our town and citizens.
praying for the voters too. Golloway will only drag our town down with his lowlife self, and seems determined to do so!
Voting

Nashville, TN

#18 Apr 27, 2012
This is kind of ridiculous also. Why don't we just vote for people who all they want are Skate Parks, Walking Trails, ATV on our highways and Fishing Derbies and WASTE WASTE WASTE WASTE. Now call the POT black. How about hosting a fishing derby and be told not to put a net in in for enviromental reasons and the then letting them put the net in even when you were told not to. So don't even go there. You would be surprised of the pictures taken of this event and the people who put the net in and yes I know there were some picutres taken, but who is talking about this. All everyone wants to do is turn one citizen against another. I was not going to vote but since some are getting down and dirty then my vote will now count. Everytime someone wants to do better for the town a few want to start you know what. Let the citizens make up their own minds without bashing someones integridy. Dirty Politics is what I see. Well don't be surprised if you don't just get what you want. Talk about planning committees start one for HIGHWAYS, that are paved, SIDEWALKS, that are not crumbled and WATER without brown in it and stink in it or even WATER to some sites that are having trouble keeping it running and with pressure.
We don't need to be told who to vote for maybe we need to just vote for ourselves without tearing up someones NAME. I guess we all have skeltons in our closets that we don't want others to know about but only the good man above knows. I think it is a disgrace that someone always have to mention what happened years ago, the Persons involved in this have paid their DUES and if GOD can forgive so should we. I for one am a forgiving person, not a forgetting person like some of you. I think everyone who votes need to vote for the ones who they think will do a good job and for someone who has already done a good job. Keep in mind this is not a site to belittle and disgrace people, you wouldn't want that done which I haven't but could have. Have dignity and vote for the one of your choice maybe not mine but at least have a say in what is going on. On Tuesday my VOTE will count so let yours count also without putting others down.
Resident

Natural Bridge, VA

#19 Apr 27, 2012
everyone know's it was Ben that took pictures. He sure didn't hide while doing it. I agree Voting, I will vote too, and it sure won't be for anyone associating with Ben, Pictures have been taken, and will be taken still. EG has probably learned from the best,BC. All Ben did was ruin the fishing thing for the children, and that is low,...belly crawling low. And now, who's his new best buddy,...Eddie. Don't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's going on.
oh no

Hermitage, TN

#20 Apr 27, 2012
Resident wrote:
everyone know's it was Ben that took pictures. He sure didn't hide while doing it. I agree Voting, I will vote too, and it sure won't be for anyone associating with Ben, Pictures have been taken, and will be taken still. EG has probably learned from the best,BC. All Ben did was ruin the fishing thing for the children, and that is low,...belly crawling low. And now, who's his new best buddy,...Eddie. Don't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's going on.
Ben needs to keep his nose out of our town politics. He didn't learn anything and is still doing his dirty practices for revenge. I would be ashamed to be associated with that kind of crap. All Anderson wanted to do in the paper was talk about what a good person she is. She talks horribly about everyone in that beauty shop of hers. Gossip parlor!
i like this town

Brentwood, TN

#21 Apr 27, 2012
Why ruin something for kids thats crazy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appalachia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woodboogers (Aug '16) 29 min Nostalgic 29
Info on Patrick L. Stanley 18 hr Junebug 2
Waitress at El charrito 22 hr Curious 1
Trying to find someone Thu Yep 2
the worleys Wed qqqq 4
Scott Worley Wed ghost 2
Morgan Shull (Mar '17) Wed qqqq 4

Appalachia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance