SW Va police officer faces drug charges

SW Va police officer faces drug charges

There are 37 comments on the WSET-TV Lynchburg story from Nov 29, 2012, titled SW Va police officer faces drug charges. In it, WSET-TV Lynchburg reports that:

Pennington Gap Police Officer John Charles Kelly faces two counts of distributing pain pills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSET-TV Lynchburg.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FYI

Tannersville, VA

#21 Feb 4, 2013
u b tokin wrote:
Y is his in big stone
There is a District court there too.
junday

Matthews, NC

#22 Feb 4, 2013
Those are federal courts in bsg and abingdon for the w8estern district of va.
moe joe

Christiansburg, VA

#23 Feb 4, 2013
Hmm wrote:
It seems like it has been one thing after another in Lee Co. lately. It must be nice for some of them to be protected by their badge and arrest people for the same crimes they're guilty of. I don't understand how we as citizens of these counties can be expected to obey laws that our local law enforcement don't. I think it would be interesting if Wise co. were to be investigated to see how many corrupt cops and judges there are. These people are supposed to be here to protect us not be commom criminals that are above the law. I don't think it's fair that they are able to play it both ways.
i agree,they are the same way all over the commonwealth.it should be investigated by the feds.they have been several up this way caught in things that were not exactly legal.

Since: Jan 13

Jonesville, VA

#24 Feb 5, 2013
Can someone keep me updated with what happens to the John Kelly? I thought he was pose to go to court Feb 4 in BSG but,I guess not.
hey moe joe

Big Stone Gap, VA

#25 Feb 5, 2013
moe joe wrote:
<quoted text>i agree,they are the same way all over the commonwealth.it should be investigated by the feds.they have been several up this way caught in things that were not exactly legal.
where is up this way?
FYI

Tannersville, VA

#26 Feb 5, 2013
monster3 wrote:
Can someone keep me updated with what happens to the John Kelly? I thought he was pose to go to court Feb 4 in BSG but,I guess not.
His jury trial is scheduled for March 12 and 13, according to the court schedule.
moe joe

Christiansburg, VA

#27 Feb 5, 2013
hey moe joe wrote:
<quoted text>where is up this way?
i live almost in abington.but i have lived in lee county and wise county most of my adult life.20 years in lee co alone.
butterfly101

United States

#28 Feb 17, 2013
john kelly will never be found guilty i know his so called gf well and she will nener put him in jail he is her pill pusher thats sad when the police are the ones that are spreading pilss around to whores just for sex whats this world coming to....
curiuos

Dunlap, TN

#29 Feb 17, 2013
butterfly101 wrote:
john kelly will never be found guilty i know his so called gf well and she will nener put him in jail he is her pill pusher thats sad when the police are the ones that are spreading pilss around to whores just for sex whats this world coming to....
Has he went to court yet?
Change

Jonesville, VA

#30 Feb 17, 2013
The local law enforcement is definitely not presenting itself as a positive model to the citizens of Lee County right now. Cops in rehab. Cops planning to rob pharmacies and I have lost count of how many unsolved murders their have been.
que

Charlotte, NC

#31 Feb 18, 2013
S W v a
sue

Rowland, NC

#32 Feb 18, 2013
Just me wrote:
I heard they put Fred Rouse in drug rehab. Heard he was stealing pills from the evidence room. Is it true?
The sheriff says he's been on vacation. What if it is true? Do you think anything el be done? Might as well talk to the hand.
wonder why

Big Stone Gap, VA

#33 Feb 18, 2013
saw this on another thread that said sheriff
wonder why nothing gets done because of blabber mouths

fact
Marietta, SC
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#4Friday Feb 15

My uncle is a cop in Lee county
..he told me that there is over 100 indictments coming out n wise county an Lee county. Its all because of Tabitha steals boyfriend junior(James) he said that junior is certainly responsible for most of the indictments for Norton wise pound coeburn and bsg and Pennington gap and jonesville. He has been working since December to get put of 7yrs back up time he was going to have to pull. But everything for thrown out in court!!! These indictments will be out in the next week so!!!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/norton-va/TU2...
poe poe

Christiansburg, VA

#35 Feb 18, 2013
wonder why wrote:
saw this on another thread that said sheriff
wonder why nothing gets done because of blabber mouths
fact
Marietta, SC
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#4Friday Feb 15
My uncle is a cop in Lee county
..he told me that there is over 100 indictments coming out n wise county an Lee county. Its all because of Tabitha steals boyfriend junior(James) he said that junior is certainly responsible for most of the indictments for Norton wise pound coeburn and bsg and Pennington gap and jonesville. He has been working since December to get put of 7yrs back up time he was going to have to pull. But everything for thrown out in court!!! These indictments will be out in the next week so!!!
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/norton-va/TU2...
i hope they throw him in the jail right with them he told on.it will serve him right

Since: Jan 13

United States

#36 Mar 4, 2013
how is john kellys gf suppose to keep him outta jail
Ms Priss

Pennington Gap, VA

#37 Apr 3, 2013
Does anyone know if it is really true about Fred Rouse being in rehab and stealing pills from evidence? If this is true can you imagine all the investigations that have been compromised over the years. This is a very serious matter and if this has happened he should not still be an officer.
Anyone

Pennington Gap, VA

#38 Apr 4, 2013
if it is not true it should be front page news, if it is true true it should be front page news. We have topics removed when they involve officers. It should be the other way around. One month of their pay if they do not show their cell phone records. Jail time if it involves lying about patrolling or other waste of taxpayer dollars. 10 years in prison for going after someone reporting a crooked cop

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appalachia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ray Thacker Fri Trouble 3
Looking for a job? Feb 3 Bad 4
Need help finding sisters Feb 2 Tamra 2
Scott Spriggs (Jul '15) Feb 1 someone who knows 5
the music thread (Jan '12) Feb 1 White Male_ 92
Appalachia Music Thread (Jun '13) Jan 21 Musikologist 15
sissy huff Jan 10 thomas huff 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Appalachia Mortgages