SW Va police officer faces drug charges

SW Va police officer faces drug charges

There are 37 comments on the WSET-TV Lynchburg story from Nov 29, 2012, titled SW Va police officer faces drug charges. In it, WSET-TV Lynchburg reports that:

Pennington Gap Police Officer John Charles Kelly faces two counts of distributing pain pills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSET-TV Lynchburg.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tdc

Wise, VA

#1 Nov 29, 2012
this is sad. too much of this is going on and every other person you meet around here is high. this place is just getting pathetic
oh well

Roanoke, VA

#2 Nov 30, 2012
It really is sad but its everywhere. But when our police officers that are suppose to be protecting us is involved with this kind of crap that is just plain and simple sorry!!!!
sorry

Wise, VA

#3 Nov 30, 2012
Thats all the police officers around here do and have affairs on the clock, Big Stone is the worst fo it and why nothng is ever done about it is pathetic
Pathetic

Wise, VA

#4 Dec 5, 2012
This is really pathetic. The people sworn to protect and serve are pill heads, some of them anyway. When this happens it relays a message to all the other druggies and pill heads that they can go ahead and steal other hard working peoples things and the police will just turn thier head or they might even sell you some drugs. Lee co, wise co, norton, scott co, they have all turned into a haven for thiefs and druggies.
truth is

Big Stone Gap, VA

#5 Dec 9, 2012
Did you know that when you get hired into law-enforcement in this area, you take no pre-employment drug test and are never tested.
wow

Charlotte, NC

#6 Dec 9, 2012
Does that surprise you? Doesn't me!
charges droped on young

Asheboro, NC

#7 Dec 11, 2012
they are droppin all charges on young!
charges droped on young

Asheboro, NC

#8 Dec 11, 2012
when he took the job here in pennington he swore to get all the drugs outta pennington...... he tried, they just didnt realize he was gonna get em outta the pharmacies too haha
sweetwind

United States

#9 Dec 11, 2012
What do you mean all charges are dropped on Young? Both of them or just lil bro or big bro
joke

United States

#10 Dec 11, 2012
He was making a joke it went over your head.
No charges have been droped sorry!
True

United States

#11 Dec 15, 2012
All comments are true

Since: Jan 13

United States

#12 Jan 29, 2013
All these comments are true & pathetic!!!! As soon as they get that badge theyr heads blow up like a hot air balloon&the laws no longer apply to them. They CHEAT for sure! I know that for a fact! &itz sad that we no longer feel safe in our own town!
joe momma

Lebanon, VA

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Its always been funny to me that people think that cops are some how different then the average person. The fact is that more crimes are commited by police then anyone else. Most are pretty small like running a red light or searching a car with out prop cause and drug and alcohol use is much higher in the force thn in public FACT

Since: Jan 13

United States

#14 Feb 3, 2013
Does anyone know when and where John Kelly has to go to court over this stuff?
u b tokin

Big Stone Gap, VA

#15 Feb 3, 2013
monster3 wrote:
Abingdon
Just me

Bristol, VA

#16 Feb 3, 2013
I heard they put Fred Rouse in drug rehab. Heard he was stealing pills from the evidence room. Is it true?
moe joe

Salem, VA

#17 Feb 3, 2013
Just me wrote:
I heard they put Fred Rouse in drug rehab. Heard he was stealing pills from the evidence room. Is it true?
the sad thing is our great government wants to take our gun rights away.can you imagine what that would lead to?the very police officers that are suppose to protect us would be the ones robbing,raping and killing us.thanks mr obama.what would we do without your sorry a$$.
Hmm

Wise, VA

#18 Feb 3, 2013
It seems like it has been one thing after another in Lee Co. lately. It must be nice for some of them to be protected by their badge and arrest people for the same crimes they're guilty of. I don't understand how we as citizens of these counties can be expected to obey laws that our local law enforcement don't. I think it would be interesting if Wise co. were to be investigated to see how many corrupt cops and judges there are. These people are supposed to be here to protect us not be commom criminals that are above the law. I don't think it's fair that they are able to play it both ways.
FYI

Natural Bridge, VA

#19 Feb 4, 2013
monster3 wrote:
March 12th in Big Stone District Court at 9:00 AM
http://www.vawd.uscourts.gov/judgescal/view_d...
u b tokin

Big Stone Gap, VA

#20 Feb 4, 2013
Y is his in big stone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appalachia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rename miners park 6 hr Anti Antifa Park ... 57
Whitney Bolling & her husband (Jun '11) Fri A concerned smith 12
Why is Abraham so stupid Fri Leave it here 3
Old profession being practiced in Southside Fri Sick and upset 1
brooke and david thier (Nov '10) Aug '17 Ccc 60
Helicopter (Apr '13) Aug '17 Pilot 3
Thanks for saving me when I wrecked Aug '17 Clmj 1

Appalachia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance