"Welcome Home Sign"
Coming or Going

Nashville, TN

#1 Jul 22, 2012
I would like to know who put the sign up in Appalachia for the Inman Reunion. They put it up wrong each year. Inman is on the outskirts of Appalachia, not Big Stone Gap. Welcome Home needs to read as you come into Appalachia not going out of Appalachia. Or do you want to Welcome them into Big Stone Gap. As you leave Appalachia is should read Safe Trip Home, Hope you had a Great Homecoming or something like that. Only an IDIOT would have the Welcome Home sign in the wrong place like leaving town. Learn your directions. Change the sign and put one up coming into Appalachia from Norton, not vice / versus. Next time it will probably be put in places like one of the other hollers or going to Norton. Welcome Home all visitors as they come into our Small Community.
read

Buffalo, NY

#2 Jul 23, 2012
Coming or Going wrote:
I would like to know who put the sign up in Appalachia for the Inman Reunion. They put it up wrong each year. Inman is on the outskirts of Appalachia, not Big Stone Gap. Welcome Home needs to read as you come into Appalachia not going out of Appalachia. Or do you want to Welcome them into Big Stone Gap. As you leave Appalachia is should read Safe Trip Home, Hope you had a Great Homecoming or something like that. Only an IDIOT would have the Welcome Home sign in the wrong place like leaving town. Learn your directions. Change the sign and put one up coming into Appalachia from Norton, not vice / versus. Next time it will probably be put in places like one of the other hollers or going to Norton. Welcome Home all visitors as they come into our Small Community.
Well then, since you are so perfect, you VOLUNTEER and do it next year. Geeze oh pete.
lord

Nashville, TN

#3 Jul 23, 2012
nobody was saying they were trying to be perfect. you dont have to be a di(k about it. all i see is someone trying to provide vital information about this meeting to those that want to attend. i viewed it as quite helpful. put yourself in someone else's shoes for a second. geeze oh pete!
Tvdvd

Columbia, SC

#4 Aug 4, 2012
Helpful? I don't even know what billboard you're talking about, but it's still clear that wasn't meant to be helpful. Go reread it and find the line that says "only an idiot would have the welcome sign in that place." So they were indirectly calling the person who put the billboard there an idiot. Don't blame the next poster a bit. Didn't sound like they were innocently offering helpful info.

Why is it such a big deal anyway? It's a billboard. Who cares? I can't even believe anyone would care enough to take the time to create a thread/post about it. Even worse, I can't believe I responded to the nonsense. There's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appalachia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
William 'Bill's Gilliam 6 hr Wondering2016 2
Young girls 2 babys already? 10 hr over worked 5
New Bloods MC Here To take Over Warlords Turf??? (Oct '10) 14 hr Attitude 76
Know this? Sat Mr Nick 1
This guy Fri Nono 2
Hilltop and Joseph boys Aug 25 Michelle 1
Tommy Mullins (Oct '11) Aug 25 Jmillertime 10

Appalachia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance