ORANGE OKs Red-Light Cameras, Tickets...

ORANGE OKs Red-Light Cameras, Tickets Wait to Fall

There are 51 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 24, 2009, titled ORANGE OKs Red-Light Cameras, Tickets Wait to Fall. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Bowing to pressure to install red-light cameras -- just as various other governments around Florida have already done -- Orange County Mayor Rich Crotty voted with fellow county leaders today to install the safety devices in high-rick intersections of the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jeff

Orlando, FL

#43 Mar 25, 2009
good articles about roads and red light cameras if anyone cares to read them.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig7/mckaskle1.ht...

http://www.lewrockwell.com/suprynowicz/supryn...
NoGodForMe

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#44 Mar 25, 2009
Red Light cameras cause more rear end accidents.

When the light is turning red, people will slam on their brakes so their car doesn't go past the white line.

The city doesn't get much revenue because it's done by a 3rd party company, BUT, they still police to write up the tickets.

That's why Orlando is in the top 20 for crime. The officers are watching videos, plus they're at Universal writing up trespass warnings and arresting tourists, instead of fighting the real crime.

Arizona recently did away with red light cameras, they got the message.

All the red light cameras so is make everyone mad, so they won't spend money in that city. Boycott restaurants, gas stations, no tax revenue. Boycott cities that have red light cameras.
T-Bone

Richardson, TX

#45 Mar 25, 2009
T-Bone wrote:
Have you seen how the Orlando system works? You are only cited if you enter the intersection AFTER the light has turned red. You are shown a picture of your car positioned BEHIND the stop line with the light already red, as well as a close up of your license plate and a video of you running the red light.
Here's video of how it works:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/video/...
Glen

Fort Wayne, IN

#46 Mar 26, 2009
I don't know, it's a tuff choice...

Lengthen yellow light times for free, or spend millions on cameras..

Let's spend millions.
TIRED OF TRAFFIC TICKETS

Ocoee, FL

#47 Mar 26, 2009
For a list of the Greater Orlando area proposed new red light traffic camera locations, visit http://www.photoblockerlicenseplatecoverspray...
DennisS

United States

#48 Mar 28, 2009
What will be the outcome, if a driver runs a red light, camera catches him/her and a officer also is witness to the infraction and pulls the driver and issues a citation?
Fined twice for the same incident?
Ray

Harleysville, PA

#49 Jun 24, 2011
Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason!!!!!
KD4ZIP

Herndon, VA

#52 Jun 25, 2011
Of course there are no red light cameras anywhere else in the country. Only Orlando. And, they were placed there at the behest of Disney, Jews and crooked cops as part of a vast communist conspiracy. Man, you really are insane.
All American wrote:
One word describes this action " Communism" ! Thanks Disney !
TJp

United States

#66 Sep 28, 2011
Yeah they are soo great that I've already paid $600 in fines. 2 of the tickets were yellow lights. When I contested them I lost! The damn video even shows that the light was yellow through the entire intersection...... Thanks orange county courts!!!! I'm glad we pay our taxes for a fair justice system and still get screwed!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#67 Sep 29, 2011
One thing that makes me smile is the look on people's faces when they run the light and see the flash go off. I saw a guy who started swearing and punching his steering wheel once. I can't imagine why he was so upset; he only ran the light in front of a hospital.

This is a true story and is a great anecdote as to why red-light cameras are a good thing. Idiots who brazenly break the law need to be taught a lesson about how to behave when operating a two ton projectile along side the rest of us.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68 Sep 29, 2011
i ran one of them red lights back in march, im still waiting on them to send me some pussified ticket. ill rip that sunofa gun right in half and send them a picture of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apopka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Uncle Thomas Payne 1,640,968
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Fugooo 64,113
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 7 hr Marley 73,864
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 hr zazz 98,586
News Woman raped in MetroWest (Feb '07) 12 hr Survivor 81
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 13 hr ANGHARAD 514,569
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... (Apr '17) 22 hr T3xxy 192

Apopka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Apopka Mortgages