Readers riled up about Bithlo, Apopka...

Readers riled up about Bithlo, Apopka, food

There are 4 comments on the The Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 10, 2012, titled Readers riled up about Bithlo, Apopka, food. In it, The Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Stephen: Hey, Beth, Bithlo could use a water and sewer system, and the mom and pop mobile home park residents could use some help.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orlando Sentinel.

poz

Orlando, FL

#1 Feb 16, 2012
I'm really tired of hearing people complain about Bithlo lack of services. Streetlights,sidewalks,water/s ewer?! Think about it, you knew these things when you moved here. Take resonsiblity for your actions and decisions instead of crying about it and expecting others to provide for you. This area is zoned a rural settlement. Many of us homeowners like the area as it stands. The author who wrote the article is only looking at the area from a few residents not the majority of happy residents.
The Answer

Orlando, FL

#2 Feb 17, 2012
I don't really care about street lights. I was raised on well water, so it doesn't bother me. I've was raised on septic tanks as well :)

I do believe we should have side walks down 50 though. I am fortunate enough to own a vehicle and not have to walk down 50 but it bugs me to see people having to risk their lives and their children's lives by walking down the shoulder when there is plenty of room to add a sidewalk.

Adding a sidewalk would be of zero benefit to me but it is something I think should be added for the benefit of other residents. Just my two cents!
poz

Orlando, FL

#3 Feb 17, 2012
Now there's a specific issue instead of generalized nonsense. TY! I agree.
Cory

Oviedo, FL

#4 Feb 20, 2012
Make sure the work is done right the first time and not like the slap dash crap that we got in the T.C.I. era. The sidewalks they built then are already being replaced because of poor workmanship. (Hate to say I told you so)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apopka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 55 min VetnorsGate 1,497,037
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 98,345
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 4 hr Doug77 19,499
News In the 1930s, LI family raised pet chimp (Feb '09) 5 hr JackieGP 9
Song Title Game (Apr '15) 7 hr Princess Hey 514
"word game" six word sentence (last letters) 7 hr Princess Hey 64
3 word game (Jan '11) 7 hr Princess Hey 14,126

Apopka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Apopka Mortgages