Comments
1,161 - 1,180 of 1,292 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 17
Isabella

Puerto Rico

#1228 Feb 22, 2013
Puerto Rico is such a beautiful island, the people here are amazing..so nice and friendly. I haven't experience any of the above comments and I have lived here for two years. I guess this is the haters blog..
IamPuertorican

Jamaica Plain, MA

#1230 Mar 1, 2013
F YOU ALL. Majority of this is not even true and the rest I admit, it is... but is it your effing problem? Didnt think so. Also, I love how you guys talk shit here and in reality dont. Do it in reality and see what happens, true what some of u say we are tough and ghetto we will beat the fck out yall racist motherfcks. Come to P.R or say it to A Puertorican that lives here. Say all this shit and see what fcking happens. Fckng jerks.
IamPuertorican

Jamaica Plain, MA

#1231 Mar 1, 2013
You are totally wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's set some facts straight....
http://www.economist.com/node/6980051
^^This article written by a reputable website debunks the prideful shitstorm you typed up concerning your island's economy.
Truth is, Puero rico ranks in the middle as far as economies go in latin america... Which would be great, except when you factor in that pr uses the USD as it's currency and gets help DIRECTLY from the U.S government. The countries ahead of Pr are all emerging economies with little to no help from the U.S, who were all POOR 10 years ago. Pr has slipped to the middle and is slowly crawling to the bottom (read the article I linked you to).
Puerto Rican coffee pales in comparison to Colombian coffee, which actually IS world renowned as being the best from latin america.
Puerto rican woman, while beautiful, also pale in comparison to women from south america, by ALOT. For example, Venezuela has more miss universe crowns than pr.
Puerto ricans also suck at speaking spanish. For example: pronouncing amor as amol, por favor as pol favol, me voy para la casa as voy pa ca'a and carro as caggggggggggggggghoooooo all lend credence to that fact. Poreso muchos latinos dicen que ustedes matan el idioma español/castellano, y lo dejan en vergüenza.
And you indeed have ghettos, tons of them actually. In fact, pr has possibly one of the worst in all of latin america (La Perla) which has had songs & documentaries made about it.
And most boricuas also suck at english, hence why you spelled which, racism, friendly, badly, rich, caught, and very incorrectly.
Finally, if you wanna see truly elite latinos, take a look at the white collar republican cubans living in south florida. Now those latinos ARE elite.
Truth is.... every other latino that is not puertorican hates us. Why? Because we werent born illegal were we? I mean we didnt work hard for it but thats even better. And all you illegal fckers have to work hard because not even your goddarnn president helps yall out. At least U.S. likes us, who likes you indian wetbacks? And as far as how we talk, thats the way we are if you have a problem then dont even listen to us capiche?
Mike

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#1233 Mar 3, 2013
PR is a true shithole! Spend a touch more money and go to Hawaii instead. I've been to both. I regret I didn't go to Hawaii a second time... Trust me, PR sucks and so do its people! Rude, lazy, ignorant and on and on... Hawaii is the exact opposite!
Mike

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#1234 Mar 3, 2013
The world would be a better place if a tsunami wiped it clean and gave it a fresh start... No kidding! I hope it happens. Wash this filth into the sea!
Rachel

Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

#1235 Mar 3, 2013
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU HATERS ARE WRONG!
why?
BECAUSE:
PUERTO RICO IS LIKE EVERY OTHER,THEY VOTE,THEY TALK HOWEVER THEY WANT TO,THEY BREATH,THERES DRUGS,HOBOS,TRASH,AND PUERTO RICO HAS SOME GREAT TOURISM PLACES LIKE EL YUNQUE.PUERTO RICO HAS LAWS,PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE,THE RIGHT TO WORK AND OTHER RIGHTS.PUERTO RICO IS AWESOME THE WAY IT IS.EVERY SINGLE PLACE,STATE OR COUNTRY HAS ALL OF THESE RIGHTS SO IF YOUR A HATER,I RECOMMEND YOU TO:
1.SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE
2.FILL YOUR MOUTH WITH SOMETHING
3.WASH YOUR MOUTH
4.STOP BEING SUCH A CRITIC,WOULD YOU LIKE IT THAT PUERTO RICANS CRITIC ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY,STATE,ETC.?
RACHEL IS OUT...PEACE!!!
Rachel

Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

#1236 Mar 3, 2013
Isabella wrote:
Puerto Rico is such a beautiful island, the people here are amazing..so nice and friendly. I haven't experience any of the above comments and I have lived here for two years. I guess this is the haters blog..
YOU ARE SOOO RIGHT!
Mejicano

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#1237 Mar 4, 2013
Puerto Rico is a dumpster full of really ugly people.
Jram

Puerto Rico

#1238 Mar 6, 2013
Gringo wrote:
You guys are morons. Puerto Rico is beautiful. It is simple and friendly. Maybe you expect too much. I happen to like the slow pace. The beaches are VERY clean and I'm from florida(a native). I have a vacation home there because I love to escape the rat race. I agree though that the crime needs to be addressed...
You've said it, you own a VACATION HOME over here. I LIVE in PR, and our governmental system sucks, our public university sucks (I'm currently studying in the UPR). That is the harsh truth. It may seem relaxing when you come for vacation, but the truth is the public education system is totally destroyed, the university seems to be stuck in the 1950's (resources, technology, investigations, research etc...), unemployment is a reported 14%(the actual rate is around 21%), only the beaches in the most rural towns are clean, our roads are fucked up, we have a shitty public transportation system, young people have to move to the states to earn a living, crime is at all time high (the police is manipulating the stats to say it has gone down a notch), and finally we can't even vote for the president.
Yet our politicians are to fed up in the own little world to fix this mess they keep creating and worsening.
Seriously I believe we need the FEDS to intervene and fix this place up. Hawaii is what Puerto Rico should've been a long time ago. I love my island, but we have to stop destroying it and actually build a better future for ourselves. All you guys in the states should back us up since we have little voice (only a nonvoting rep. in the HOR) in what decisions are made.
As far as our university system, I believe ours is completely ruined we need a new one modeled much like the University of Florida in Gainesville. AND IF THE BOOKS ARE IN ENGLISH THE TEST AND CLASS SHOULD BE IN ENGLISH. SAME GOES IF THE BOOKS ARE IN SPANISH THE TEST SHOULD BE IN SPANISH.
Jram

Puerto Rico

#1239 Mar 6, 2013
Rachel wrote:
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU HATERS ARE WRONG!
why?
BECAUSE:
PUERTO RICO IS LIKE EVERY OTHER,THEY VOTE,THEY TALK HOWEVER THEY WANT TO,THEY BREATH,THERES DRUGS,HOBOS,TRASH,AND PUERTO RICO HAS SOME GREAT TOURISM PLACES LIKE EL YUNQUE.PUERTO RICO HAS LAWS,PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE,THE RIGHT TO WORK AND OTHER RIGHTS.PUERTO RICO IS AWESOME THE WAY IT IS.EVERY SINGLE PLACE,STATE OR COUNTRY HAS ALL OF THESE RIGHTS SO IF YOUR A HATER,I RECOMMEND YOU TO:
1.SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE
2.FILL YOUR MOUTH WITH SOMETHING
3.WASH YOUR MOUTH
4.STOP BEING SUCH A CRITIC,WOULD YOU LIKE IT THAT PUERTO RICANS CRITIC ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY,STATE,ETC.?
RACHEL IS OUT...PEACE!!!
Rachel la realidad es que Puerto Rico anda por mal camino, desde hace mucho tiempo. Tenemos que despertar y darnos cuenta que estamos destruyendo el futuro de nuestra juventud, la salud de nuestros mayores, y la seguridad de todos. Puerto Rico es un gran lugar, pero las drogas, la mala educacion publica, el alto desempleo son todos evidencia que PR esta hundido practicamente. Solo los ricos, que van a escuelas privadas, viven en urbanizaciones caras y entran a la UPR salen bien en la vida. QUE HACEMOS CON EL 40% que esta bajo el nivel de pobreza???? Sin criticas nunca se arreglara nada. Si en realidad dices querer Puerto Rico, no tendras miedo de criticar lo que esta mal y lo que debemos corregir. El departamento de educacion de PR tiene un presupuesto mayor que el de varios paises y mira nuestra educacion.... No podemos ser conformistas. PR no es el unico pais que tiene problemas, pero ya debemos subirnos los pantalones y resolverlos. No hables mas tonterias y acepta la realidad y ponte a trabajar por tu pueblo, consciente de la realidad que debemos mejorar.
Puerto Rican

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#1241 Mar 9, 2013
Jose wrote:
<quoted text>
"well they don't even rob me like in Detroit or NYC or Chicago
NYC crime rate is a fraction of what PR or Cuban run Miami's is and one of the safest cities there is , no me vengas con esa mierda porque no estas enganando a nadie.
"Mira pendejo"
How many times have you been robbed???
I have never been robbed in Puerto Rico!!!!
Sure there is crime here and there but things are worse in LA!!
Puerto Rican

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#1242 Mar 9, 2013
Mejicano wrote:
Puerto Rico is a dumpster full of really ugly people.
Maby you should go back to Mexico " Mejicano"
Because overthere in Mexico and I've lived there and the crime is HORRIBLE and it is a verry poor country.
You shouldn't be commenting on UGLY PEOPLE
Because have you ever seen Mexicans?? Mexicans are ASS UGLY.
Puerto Rican

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#1243 Mar 9, 2013
Well I'm an American defending Puerto Rico!!!
And PROUD!!!
"I feel Puerto Rican"
:)
Boricua soy

Longwood, FL

#1244 Mar 9, 2013
Puerto Rican wrote:
<quoted text>
Maby you should go back to Mexico " Mejicano"
Because overthere in Mexico and I've lived there and the crime is HORRIBLE and it is a verry poor country.
You shouldn't be commenting on UGLY PEOPLE
Because have you ever seen Mexicans?? Mexicans are ASS UGLY.
just like a dumb guillao boricua to talk shit about another group of latinos. i'm boricua myself for the record, and it brings shame to me to see us acting like fools everytime we get called out on our bullshit.

know what's fucked up? everyone is well aware of how bad things have gotten in mexico... but sadly, if we amplified the crime states in pr per capita to about the size of the population of mexico, pr would be just about even with them in that regards.

interesting fact... on the west coast of the u.s, the majority of latino crimes are committed by mexicans, who happen to be the largest group.... on the east coast, the majority are committed by puerto ricans, who are by far the largest latino group.

this isn't some stupid coincidence, it's a unfortunate fact.

alot of ricans are quick to point out that those folks committing crimes are u.s raised boricuas. but they forget that the families of most of those ricans came from the same shitholes found in pr itself. they brought that criminal aspect along with them when they migrated to the states.

does that mean every boricua whether from the island or right here at home is violent? of course not. but it DOES speak volumes to the problems that exist within puerto rican culture at it's very core.

and it's up to US as GOOD, hard working boricuas to CHANGE the negative stigma that the bad apples have attached to us, whether here in the states or back home on the island.

Boricua soy

Longwood, FL

#1245 Mar 9, 2013
Puerto Rican wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mira pendejo"
How many times have you been robbed???
I have never been robbed in Puerto Rico!!!!
Sure there is crime here and there but things are worse in LA!!
wrong

the crime per capita in pr is actually WORSE than in the states.

http://www.numbeo.com/crime/compare_countries...

and if we simply compare cities, san juan by itself is more dangerous than los angeles.

http://www.numbeo.com/crime/compare_cities.js...

a fact you might not know... pr itself is about the size of the city of los angeles, but there are HIGHER amounts of crimes being committed on the island than in LA.

but leave it to a dumb, uninformed boricua to say otherwise. it's people like you give people like me a bad name.
El que tiene verguensa

East Aurora, NY

#1247 Mar 17, 2013
As a European descendent who's family live in Puerto Rico for 3 or 4 generation and understand history of the island very well, I have to say: yes!!! are people embarrassed me! Here in New York and every where else they are!! Selfish bastards for must of them!! They are proud of working under the table in a pizzeria or what ever other place wile wife is on public assistant and sec.#8 and squising the crap out of the Sistem!! Even so the democrats here love that!!! Panamá is the place to go!!!! Looking back in history early late 1800's and early 1900's the real Puertoricans use to rule, by just simply work everyday and care for them self and not waiting for hand outs!! Now I understand why this world needs some depopulation of food eaters!
Not so proud Puerto Rican

United States

#1248 Apr 7, 2013
Charlie wrote:
I agree with Bill, I served my country for 19 years, Army and I paid my taxes and social security like a proud American every since begining to work at 15 years old and now the SS system is being sucked dry by these undeserving parasites that have paid in absolutely nothing.
First of all not all puerto rican are undeserving parasites. Second, we pay our taxes actually two of them the US tax and the Puerto Rico tax. Third, there are alot of puerto ricans in the army. I was born and raised in Puerto Rico and I come from a hard working military family. The only thing im not proud of PR is the dam goverment thats it
MOFO

Arecibo, Puerto Rico

#1250 Apr 15, 2013
Pr still sucks. Make it a state!!!!!! 51
maria

United States

#1251 Apr 17, 2013
billcin wrote:
I know I will be getting a lot of heat from my countryman but I'm ok with it. But the thruth is what it is-the thruth. There are those who become upset when other point out how messed up the island is. This a double sided edge. See, there are those who get upset because it is a shame our island came to this point and have to face the criticism and no able to respond with a valid argument. And there are those who get upset when they hear how f/u the island isand they respond with incoherent arguments:'well go back to the us''in the us is the same''you fu.... this or that'. Well, those are the ones with the problems not accepting what it is and sometimes are pary of the problem but are not willing to stop for a moment what can they do to make the island a better place to live. So anyway, I want to be as clear and accurate as possible without exagerating. FACT: was born in this island in the mid sixties, so I've seen through decades how PR has decayed, especially moraly and culturally.
So why you don't stay and help that's what I am doing becoming a professional so I can help my people oh and another thing even though we may seem lazy probably 80% of us has some kind of degree and work on it.When I lived in colorado I met many white people with only high school diploma working in jobs that should be for professional people. But if you want to love in a place where whites are prejudice and where most of the time they wouldn't hire you because you are white or they will make you pay higher amounts of interest like wel fargo did to a lot of minorities then you can stay in the kkk usa
John

Lititz, PA

#1252 Apr 19, 2013
Take the worst black ghetto dwellers, the worst white trash, and the worst American Indians, and mix them together. What do you get? A Puerto Rican. The worse race of people that I have ever come across. Obnoxious, lazy, don't speak English (even if they know it), violent, etc., etc. It seems that only the women work, and men just 'hang out' wearing wife-beater shirts and those stupid baseball caps and baggy shorts. Pathetic losers, the whole lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apopka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayors In Trouble 5 hr the circus is in ... 1
Football teams don't need preachers 11 hr the circus is in ... 1
Real Coyotes Are Around 11 hr the circus is in ... 1
Viva Taco Bell 13 hr the circus is in ... 1
Burger King Poll 13 hr the circus is in ... 1
Jennifer Sullivan Needs to Remove Her Signs 13 hr the circus is in ... 1
Jennifer Sullivan's new office location 14 hr the circus is in ... 1
•••
•••
•••