Looks like Bill Arrowsmith May be in ...

Looks like Bill Arrowsmith May be in hot water again.

Posted in the Apopka Forum

Apopkan

Fort Myers, FL

#1 Feb 21, 2008
Anyone catch the 11:00 news last night? So it looks like Bill Arrowsmith might be in hot water again. I think Tony Pipitone in channel 6 has uncovered a mess. Why else would a banker want to stay on the city council for over 30 years at a very small salary?

Anyone who has done business in this town knows that in order to get something 'done' you have to go through Bill and he has to get his cut.

Last time he got off on a technicality ( For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, try googling "william j. arrowsmith') maybe this time they'll nail him good and run him out of town. Apopka deserves better than politicians like Bill.
Supportive Apopka Res

Naples, FL

#2 Feb 22, 2008
Apopkan wrote:
Anyone catch the 11:00 news last night? So it looks like Bill Arrowsmith might be in hot water again. I think Tony Pipitone in channel 6 has uncovered a mess. Why else would a banker want to stay on the city council for over 30 years at a very small salary?
Anyone who has done business in this town knows that in order to get something 'done' you have to go through Bill and he has to get his cut.
Last time he got off on a technicality ( For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, try googling "william j. arrowsmith') maybe this time they'll nail him good and run him out of town. Apopka deserves better than politicians like Bill.
I think Tony should have done what he gets paid to do and done some more investigating before reporting that story. I have lived in this town for many years and I don't recall having to go to Bill to get anything done, nor did he get a cut of anything. The man is in the banking business thus he makes loans. Maybe that why he hasn't quit his job to just be a city commissioner, it might be hard to live on a thousand a month. Just a thought Maybe thats why he WORKS at the bank!!!

“Been here longer than you, so ”

Since: Feb 08

Apopka

#3 Mar 13, 2008
How would you like to open up an account at a bank with $20,000, and have them "freeze" it for TWO WHOLE MONTHS (no holidays in between)? That's what happened when I put my money in Bank First in Apopka. A word of warning if you have a construction crew to pay for work on your property or other projects!!! Why would a bank do that, anyway?
Supportive Apopka Res

Orlando, FL

#4 Mar 13, 2008
Skylynx wrote:
How would you like to open up an account at a bank with $20,000, and have them "freeze" it for TWO WHOLE MONTHS (no holidays in between)? That's what happened when I put my money in Bank First in Apopka. A word of warning if you have a construction crew to pay for work on your property or other projects!!! Why would a bank do that, anyway?
You mean you deposited $20,000 in Bank First Apopka and they put a two month hold on your funds? And in the two months the hold was on your account you couldn't find out why. What are you an idiot? Or did you just not know how to dial the bank and ask questions!!
Michael S Rowe

Sorrento, FL

#5 Aug 17, 2011
I do not agree. Bill has been a very good person for Apopka. I have asked Bill a couple times to help me within my neighborhood association on some city owned property. My request are still ongoing, but Bill has taken the time to assist me to his best ability.
The company I work for has been banking with Bill for many years. BankFirst has helped our company beyond belief. BankFirst has gone above and beyond to assist with our needs. It is a small community bank, but every person I have ever had dealings with at BankFirst has been very very helpful.
Michael S. Rowe
Ami Hoping

Casselberry, FL

#6 Apr 13, 2013
TONY DID INVESTIGATE, that's why he did the report. Arrowsmith has gotten off scott free on drug-related money laundering charges, refuses to answer questions related to the murder of a woman; yet the bank continues to employ him, WHY??? Also, why should Apopka residents be bullied by 1 councilman who owns much property in Apopka He's only on the Council so he can use his position to rezoned it so he can sell and/or build whatever and whenever he wants. And by the way, there's an ETHICS problem as well as a conflict of interest ... Signing off for loans on property based on its forthcoming rezoning and you don't you see a problem with this??? Take your blinders off, it's time for Bill Arrowsmith to be gone!!!
Supportive Apopka Res wrote:
<quoted text>I think Tony should have done what he gets paid to do and done some more investigating before reporting that story. I have lived in this town for many years and I don't recall having to go to Bill to get anything done, nor did he get a cut of anything. The man is in the banking business thus he makes loans. Maybe that why he hasn't quit his job to just be a city commissioner, it might be hard to live on a thousand a month. Just a thought Maybe thats why he WORKS at the bank!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apopka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Henry 1,536,377
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 7 hr southerngirl 25,599
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sat zazz 98,403
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Fri Eagle 12 462
News Research: Dropouts flee area schools (Oct '07) May 24 Willieneal123 55
News Live updates: Universal Orlando's Volcano Bay w... May 24 Cheryl Throne 1
News Central Florida leaders fear big loss if voters... May 20 Peter 2

Apopka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Apopka Mortgages