Ryans wet dream

West Mifflin, PA

#31070 Aug 12, 2012
The GOPers actually think that this guy is a towering intellect, and that he bested Obama when they debated health care at Blair House a couple of years ago. But anyone who worships Ayn Rand and believes the Koch Brothers absolutely retrograde fear of ordinary people should be the organizing principle of our government is only a poor dumb cluck.

He’s obviously sucked his way up by courting the wealthy. I’ll bet most people in his own district have no idea what his budget goals are. When people hear his plans in focus groups they are aghast and tell the interviewers they are ‘sick’ for even asking such silly hypothetical questions.

Just remember, folks. The GOP cannot govern its way out of a paper bag.
Dan the Man

Mifflintown, PA

#31071 Aug 12, 2012
Bush wacked wrote:
<quoted text>Any website or forum or dicussion board that doesnt agree with the republicans are all liberal websites and forums.LMAO!
It's what they actually believe,,The Bush crime family broke the country....dont forget Obama inherited a lot of debt and the cost of the wars are ticking off on Obama's debt.....not Bush's......
Bush,Rumsfeld,Rice,Cheney,Paul son robbed the USA!
Someone once said, "Reality has a well-known liberal bias."

For the wingnut, everything that doesn't conform to the conservative ideology is "liberally biased" no matter the source.
Dan the Man

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#31072 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone once said, "Reality has a well-known liberal bias."
For the wingnut, everything that doesn't conform to the conservative ideology is "liberally biased" no matter the source.
..........
..........

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. That's simply not true.

Once someone has repeatedly demonstrated that they don't tell the truth, I stop taking what they say seriously. That's true of Breitbart, Limbaugh, Beck, Savage, and the like.

But I don't just dismiss conservative sources because they're conservative.

But if you can show me a fact - an actual, honest-to-God truthful statement - that I've dismissed simply because of the source, show me and I will gladly admit I was wrong. Can you do that?
Dan the Man

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#31073 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone once said, "Reality has a well-known liberal bias."
For the wingnut, everything that doesn't conform to the conservative ideology is "liberally biased" no matter the source.
.......

..........

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

That's simply not true.

Once someone has repeatedly demonstrated that they don't tell the truth, I stop taking what they say seriously.

That's true of Breitbart, Limbaugh, Beck, Savage, and the like.

But I don't just dismiss conservative sources because they're conservative.

But if you can show me a fact - an actual, honest-to-God truthful statement - that I've dismissed simply because of the source, show me and I will gladly admit I was wrong.

Can you do that?
Dan the Man

Mifflintown, PA

#31074 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
..........
..........
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. That's simply not true.
Once someone has repeatedly demonstrated that they don't tell the truth, I stop taking what they say seriously. That's true of Breitbart, Limbaugh, Beck, Savage, and the like.
But I don't just dismiss conservative sources because they're conservative.
But if you can show me a fact - an actual, honest-to-God truthful statement - that I've dismissed simply because of the source, show me and I will gladly admit I was wrong. Can you do that?
And, interestingly enough - nobody ever has.

Nobody.
Marisa

Newville, PA

#31075 Aug 12, 2012
jose menendez wrote:
<quoted text>
ANN AYN
So what I made my point.
Why don't you tell us more about her, since you know so much.
Please elaborate for us about Paul Ryan's visionary Russian writer.
Please inform
We want to know more about her...
Government "help" to business is just as disasterous as government persecution...the only way a government can be of service to naional prosperity is by keeping its hands off....Ayn Rand

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities...Ayn Rand

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force...Ayn Rand

Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think..Ayn Rand

Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities(and the smallest minority on earth is the individual)...Ayn Rand

Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims...Ayn Rand

Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter...Ayn Rand

The man who lets a leader prescribe his course is a wreck being towed to the scrap heap...Ayn Rand

These are just a few of Ayn Rand's quotes. Something tells me you know nothing about Ayn Rand except that Paul Ryan admired her and since you are an Obama supporter was enough for you to be critical of Ayn Rand... you didn't even know how to spell her name and that is very telling as to how clueless you are to who she was.
Dan the Man

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#31076 Aug 12, 2012
Someone once said, "Reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Our Mission

Life just isn't fair to conservatives.

Everywhere you look, there is liberal bias.

When companies pollute, they are punished by the liberal environment with unsightly smog and all kinds of health problems.

When taxes on the wealthy were raised in the 1950's and the 1990's, the liberal economy boomed in spite of good old conservative common-sense.

Clearly, reality has a liberal bias.

LiberalBias.com is your reliable source for exposing numbers, facts, and figures that do not conform to conservative ideals.

http://liberalbias.com/
Marisa

Newville, PA

#31077 Aug 12, 2012
jose menendez wrote:
<quoted text>
ANN AYN
So what I made my point.
Why don't you tell us more about her, since you know so much.
Please elaborate for us about Paul Ryan's visionary Russian writer.
Please inform
We want to know more about her...
Looks like I need to correct you again. Not only can you not spell her name, you have her nationality incorrect.. She is American. Born in Russia.. came here around the age of 20 0r 21.

So if you're going to insult and belittle someone at least have the facts, otherwise you only belittle yourself.
Dan the Man

Mifflintown, PA

#31078 Aug 12, 2012
How Ayn Rand Seduced Generations of Young Men and Helped Make the U.S. Into a Selfish, Greedy Nation
Thanks in part to Rand, the United States is one of the most uncaring nations in the industrialized world.

.
Ayn Rand’s “philosophy” is nearly perfect in its immorality, which makes the size of her audience all the more ominous and symptomatic as we enter a curious new phase in our society....To justify and extol human greed and egotism is to my mind not only immoral, but evil.
— Gore Vidal, 1961

Only rarely in U.S. history do writers transform us to become a more caring or less caring nation. In the 1850s, Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811-1896) was a strong force in making the United States a more humane nation, one that would abolish slavery of African Americans. A century later, Ayn Rand (1905-1982) helped make the United States into one of the most uncaring nations in the industrialized world, a neo-Dickensian society where healthcare is only for those who can afford it, and where young people are coerced into huge student-loan debt that cannot be discharged in bankruptcy.
...
Ayn Rand’s books such as 'The Virtue of Selfishness' and her philosophy that celebrates self-interest and disdains altruism may well be, as Vidal assessed,“nearly perfect in its immorality.”

http://www.alternet.org/story/153454/how_ayn_...
Dan the Man

Mifflintown, PA

#31079 Aug 12, 2012
I remember reading The Fountain Head when I was about 14. I thought it was pretty terrific.

Then I grew up.

Ayn Rand's adolescent ideology appeals to immature, selfish people who have never matured into adulthood. It gives them an excuse to selfishly disregard their hurting neighbor and hoard as much for themselves as possible. It is destructive to a healthy, functioning society.

Which pretty much describes the majority of conservatives these days, doesn't it?

After all,“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.”

And Ayn Rand gives them an ideal, pseudo-intellectual rationale for their selfishness - as Paul Ryan perfectly embodies.
Marisa

Newville, PA

#31080 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, we are obviously talking about the federal government. When I used the word "President" that might have been your tip-off.
And a fiscally irresponsible Democrat does not prove that conservatives ARE fiscally responsible. That's your logical reasoning handicap coming back to bite you again.
I saw you posting in the dining thread and realized you aren't just a troll posing bullshit to try to piss off intelligent, thinking people. So I was giving you another chance.
Obviously, when it comes to politics you are completely out of your depth. You should stick to the dining thread where you don't look like a complete imbecile. Just a little friendly advice.
The reason you say I'm out of my depth with politics is because I don't agree with you.

I get the feeling that from what you read in the dining thread you came to the conclusion I'm not an idiot, I'm actually a rather intelligent, well informed person. You're just ticked I don't think like you.

If you want to criticize anyone, go after that low classed loon from West Mifflin. All he does is make liberals look like crude, foul mouthed, hate filled clueless fools.

And by the way.. state or federal government..makes no difference. State democrats are just as clueless as federal democrats!
Marisa

Newville, PA

#31081 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
How Ayn Rand Seduced Generations of Young Men and Helped Make the U.S. Into a Selfish, Greedy Nation
Thanks in part to Rand, the United States is one of the most uncaring nations in the industrialized world.
.
Ayn Rand’s “philosophy” is nearly perfect in its immorality, which makes the size of her audience all the more ominous and symptomatic as we enter a curious new phase in our society....To justify and extol human greed and egotism is to my mind not only immoral, but evil.
— Gore Vidal, 1961
Only rarely in U.S. history do writers transform us to become a more caring or less caring nation. In the 1850s, Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811-1896) was a strong force in making the United States a more humane nation, one that would abolish slavery of African Americans. A century later, Ayn Rand (1905-1982) helped make the United States into one of the most uncaring nations in the industrialized world, a neo-Dickensian society where healthcare is only for those who can afford it, and where young people are coerced into huge student-loan debt that cannot be discharged in bankruptcy.
...
Ayn Rand’s books such as 'The Virtue of Selfishness' and her philosophy that celebrates self-interest and disdains altruism may well be, as Vidal assessed,“nearly perfect in its immorality.”
http://www.alternet.org/story/153454/how_ayn_...
You forgot to mention how Saul Alinsky seduced Obama and Hillary Clinton. If I follow Jose Menendez's way of thinking I would call Alinsky that Russian communist. Even though he was born in the U.S. his parents were Russian.So according to Jose Menendez he's Russian. See how stupid that thinking is? That's the kind of mindless drones that make those kind of idiotic remarks. And they're ALL YOURS!!
Romney Hood

West Mifflin, PA

#31082 Aug 12, 2012
This is a non bias website that tells it like it is.
Just the facts..the true facts......I know the conservatives will shout out "IT'S A LIBERAL WEBSITE AND FALSE"!
But it's not,it's just plain facts....

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch)— Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree.

As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it:“I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.”

Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true.

But it didn’t happen. Although there was a big stimulus bill under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.

Even hapless Herbert Hoover managed to increase spending more than Obama has.

Here are the facts, according to the official government statistics:

• In the 2009 fiscal year — the last of George W. Bush’s presidency — federal spending rose by 17.9% from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. Check the official numbers at the Office of Management and Budget.

• In fiscal 2010 — the first budget under Obama — spending fell 1.8% to $3.46 trillion.

• In fiscal 2011, spending rose 4.3% to $3.60 trillion.

• In fiscal 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate of the budget that was agreed to last August.

• Finally in fiscal 2013 — the final budget of Obama’s term — spending is scheduled to fall 1.3% to $3.58 trillion. Read the CBO’s latest budget outlook.

Over Obama’s four budget years, federal spending is on track to rise from $3.52 trillion to $3.58 trillion, an annualized increase of just 0.4%.

http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-05-22/co...
Marisa

Newville, PA

#31083 Aug 12, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, we are obviously talking about the federal government. When I used the word "President" that might have been your tip-off.
And a fiscally irresponsible Democrat does not prove that conservatives ARE fiscally responsible. That's your logical reasoning handicap coming back to bite you again.
I saw you posting in the dining thread and realized you aren't just a troll posing bullshit to try to piss off intelligent, thinking people. So I was giving you another chance.
Obviously, when it comes to politics you are completely out of your depth. You should stick to the dining thread where you don't look like a complete imbecile. Just a little friendly advice.
BY the way, you completely missed my point. There's plenty of corruption and stupid to around and it's on both sides. Something you refuse to admit. You live in a world where you think democrats do no wrong and they are all members of the Mensa Society. That's where you mess up. There's plenty of stupid and corrupt democrats.
Romney Hood

West Mifflin, PA

#31084 Aug 12, 2012
There has been no huge increase in spending under the current president, despite what you hear.

Why do people think Obama has spent like a drunken sailor? It’s in part because of a fundamental misunderstanding of the federal budget.

What people forget (or never knew) is that the first year of every presidential term starts with a budget approved by the previous administration and Congress. The president only begins to shape the budget in his second year. It takes time to develop a budget and steer it through Congress — especially in these days of congressional gridlock.

The 2009 fiscal year, which Republicans count as part of Obama’s legacy, began four months before Obama moved into the White House. The major spending decisions in the 2009 fiscal year were made by George W. Bush and the previous Congress.

Like a relief pitcher who comes into the game with the bases loaded, Obama came in with a budget in place that called for spending to increase by hundreds of billions of dollars in response to the worst economic and financial calamity in generations. But the facts speak for themselves.

http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-05-22/co...
Dan the Man

Mifflintown, PA

#31085 Aug 12, 2012
Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>The reason you say I'm out of my depth with politics is because I don't agree with you.
I get the feeling that from what you read in the dining thread you came to the conclusion I'm not an idiot, I'm actually a rather intelligent, well informed person. You're just ticked I don't think like you.
If you want to criticize anyone, go after that low classed loon from West Mifflin. All he does is make liberals look like crude, foul mouthed, hate filled clueless fools.
And by the way.. state or federal government..makes no difference. State democrats are just as clueless as federal democrats!
Here's why you're out of your depth in politics - because you make your conclusions from rightwing propaganda rather than the facts.

I point out the objective, verifiable, historical facts to you, but you find a reason to disregard them in favor of your ideology. It is not supported by history or the facts, but you can't be persuaded to rethink what you believe. THAT'S what makes you out of your depth here - your utter incapacity to be self-reflective or reason logically.

In the dining thread I did see that you aren't in idiot ... when it comes to food and beer. But when it comes to politics, you consistently demonstrate that you aren't logical or reasonable.

I tried to point you to objective, empirical facts that contradict the myths that you believe, but you won't even read them. You just dismiss them as "liberal." You do that to protect your ideology - which isn't supported by the facts. You avoid facts that will conflict with your pre-conceived beliefs. That isn't intelligent. That isn't well-informed.

That's why you should stick to what you know about and leave the political discussion to people who CAN draw logical conclusions from the objective evidence instead of emotional reactionism.
jose menendez

Baltimore, MD

#31086 Aug 12, 2012
Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like I need to correct you again. Not only can you not spell her name, you have her nationality incorrect.. She is American. Born in Russia.. came here around the age of 20 0r 21.
So if you're going to insult and belittle someone at least have the facts, otherwise you only belittle yourself.
Insult and belittle away Marisa._ I made my point
Dan the Man

Mifflintown, PA

#31087 Aug 12, 2012
Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to mention how Saul Alinsky seduced Obama and Hillary Clinton.
You are wrong. This is a rightwing myth. There is no evidence to support this statement.
Dan the Man

Mifflintown, PA

#31088 Aug 12, 2012
Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>BY the way, you completely missed my point. There's plenty of corruption and stupid to around and it's on both sides. Something you refuse to admit. You live in a world where you think democrats do no wrong and they are all members of the Mensa Society. That's where you mess up. There's plenty of stupid and corrupt democrats.
No, your point was an attempt to deny my irrefutable evidence by changing the subject. So I attempted to bring you back on point. Evidently you missed that.

I don't think Democrats do no wrong. But the fact remains - Republican Presidents increase the rate of debt growth and grow the deficit while Democratic Presidents slow the growth of debt and reduce deficits. Your attempt to distract from that fact doesn't change that it's historical truth.
jose menendez

Baltimore, MD

#31089 Aug 12, 2012
Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to mention how Saul Alinsky seduced Obama and Hillary Clinton. If I follow Jose Menendez's way of thinking I would call Alinsky that Russian communist. Even though he was born in the U.S. his parents were Russian.So according to Jose Menendez he's Russian. See how stupid that thinking is? That's the kind of mindless drones that make those kind of idiotic remarks. And they're ALL YOURS!!
Here we go the Tea Party charachteristic #1
Name calling...mindless drone
They all do it... they can't resist the insults, I guess it's too overpowering not to get into the mud

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apollo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cornerstone Ministries:Church or Cult? (Mar '13) Mar 18 Chasingafterhim 15
News Pa. school stabber inspired by Columbine Mar 2 miss_bunting 2
Review: Stu's Truck And Auto Feb 25 James Martin 1
Anyone noticing any STRANGE LIGHTS/flying OBJEC... (Oct '09) Feb '15 mohammed ismail 31
"... about my mother, I'm trying to get the fac... Jan '15 DON MEEHAN 2
Debate: Casey Anthony - Apollo, PA (Feb '12) Dec '14 Mel 2
Chad and Kristine (Meyers) Melago (Apr '12) Jan '14 Kathy Bill 8
Apollo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Apollo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]