Mom leaves three toddlers alone to go...

Mom leaves three toddlers alone to go shopping

There are 23 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Mar 26, 2008, titled Mom leaves three toddlers alone to go shopping. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

A 26-year-old Hillsborough County mother of three is accused of leaving her small children alone because she wanted to go shopping.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anne Smith

Palmetto, FL

#1 Mar 26, 2008
Bet that fine is more than a baby sitter would cost! Too bad people that have children do not have to be investigated like those trying to adapt do!
Common Sense

Windermere, FL

#2 Mar 26, 2008
Take the kids away forever. She showed what kind of mother she is, so do not give her another chance to let the kids rot, while she goes shopping.
Why did she have the kids in the first place?
Captain 1

Largo, FL

#3 Mar 26, 2008
This is why people like this should not breed. She must be collecting a check

Since: Mar 08

Mulberry, FL

#4 Mar 26, 2008
This is probably not the first time she left them, either, considering the length of time they were alone. Six hours! WTF was she thinking? Those poor babies. I do not understand today's parents, thinking of themselves first.

Thank goodness the children were safe, alot could have happenned in that length of time.

I truly wonder if she WAS at the mall...

“"Lee's Diamond in the Rough"”

Since: Apr 07

Long Island, New York

#5 Mar 26, 2008
I can't believe she received such a low bail considering the offense ... wonder who posted the bail for her ...
Concerned Neighbor

Wesley Chapel, FL

#6 Mar 26, 2008
I saw those poor little children in the window, and it was a horrific sight. It was also the saddest thing!
The 3 year old was half naked and just banging away at a pane that could have broken any minute and the 2 year old; standing naked looking so alone and lost....All I wanted to do is hug them and take care of them....and this Mother leaves them alone, unwanted, uncared for. There is no excuse....where is the Father? Wonder if she fought for custody and now could not care less for them. So sad...
Disgusted

Saint Petersburg, FL

#7 Mar 26, 2008
As a single mother who is home every night with my child and with her 24/7 unless she's at school...I'm apalled. Parenting is a privilage, not a right. This woman does not deserve her children and I feel sorry for her; she just lost the best 3 little people to ever happen to her.
Captain 1

Largo, FL

#8 Mar 26, 2008
Concerned Neighbor wrote:
I saw those poor little children in the window, and it was a horrific sight. It was also the saddest thing!
The 3 year old was half naked and just banging away at a pane that could have broken any minute and the 2 year old; standing naked looking so alone and lost....All I wanted to do is hug them and take care of them....and this Mother leaves them alone, unwanted, uncared for. There is no excuse....where is the Father? Wonder if she fought for custody and now could not care less for them. So sad...
She probably doesn't know who the baby daddy is
Disappointed

Tampa, FL

#9 Mar 27, 2008
I actually knew this person a long time ago. Seven years ago I was serving in the military with her in Hawaii. She was an irresponsible person then and it seems as though not much has changed. I am appalled that she would do this! The fact that she was gone for 6 hours, the children were not dressed, she locked them in their rooms ( and the locks on the doors were turned outward into the hallway, as if this was done deliberately and not the first time) she should not get these children back. I pray that the grandparents will take care of them so that they don't have to go through life in the "system". This is truly awful. A former Navy sailor should have known better than that!
sad

Tampa, FL

#11 Mar 27, 2008
I dont think that she was even at the mall. And even if she was just leaving the kids alone that long and without clothes is just wrong. I really wonder who would want to bond her out of jail after what she did to her kids
chris

Windermere, FL

#12 Mar 28, 2008
i can't believe you did this Sarah
why

AOL

#13 Mar 28, 2008
It just don't make sense,where is her husband and why is he not in the picture? why would she leave them all alone.
jen

AOL

#14 Mar 29, 2008
horrible
MomOf6

AOL

#15 Apr 2, 2008
Sarah,
Are you out of your mind?! How could you do this to those innocent babies? You need some serious mental help!
terriw

Tampa, FL

#16 Apr 3, 2008
ok here's the thing....who cares where the babies daddy or daddies are.....she lives in a nice townhome owned by her parents.....and every1 deserves a second chance and I am sure she will have to take parenting classes....what she did was wrong
Math Teacher

Plant City, FL

#17 Apr 3, 2008
Honestly, to me it sounds as though there might be some mental health issues here. Common sense says that no young child should be left unattended for minutes much less hours. Obviously, she was not in her right mind. I hope, for the sake of those children, that she gets the help she needs.
FoFF

Haines City, FL

#18 Apr 3, 2008
People should really be required to take a parenting class and more extensive evaluations before they can breed, if they too damn stupid to procreate then they should be castrated or spayed!! Thats whats wrong with this world, we have complete usless idiots that ruin it and raise their "special" children and they become just like the parents and so it continues over and over and over again! I say Jus kill all the stupid f*cktards and we wouldnt have a problem!! The parents not the kids, unless they grow up to be useless wastes of space like the skanky parents!!
fastgirl

Spring Hill, FL

#19 Apr 3, 2008
HUSBAND!! That piece of trash!! All three kids might have different daddys. What a WINNER!
disaponted

Redding, CA

#20 Jun 13, 2008
how could she do such a thing to so young of kids
disaponted

Redding, CA

#21 Jun 13, 2008
she needs to go to jail

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apollo Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phony cop stop lands Palmetto man in jail (Sep '13) Jul 28 paragonventures 15
where is Wesley merkel (Jan '13) Jul 23 Grady 4
Fatal Shooting Shadow Run/ Riverview? (Mar '09) Jul 21 Back Atcha Vi 1,476
Stop calling animal control on me Jul '17 Remember the Alamo 3
News Gannon University's Ruskin Campus Adds Programs Jul '17 diversity audit 1
News Florida 28 mins ago 12:53 p.m.Anti-gay proteste... Jun '17 16 TEEN SHOTS chi... 19
R_e Jun '17 Deeznut 2

Apollo Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Apollo Beach Mortgages