Hypermiling: Apollo Beach man gets ov...

Hypermiling: Apollo Beach man gets over 50 mpg

There are 8 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from May 27, 2008, titled Hypermiling: Apollo Beach man gets over 50 mpg. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

Tampa, Florida How would you like to get 50 miles to the gallon? How about increasing your mpg by 30 percent? Don Broughton of Apollo Beach was able to do it and now he's going to share his driving secrets with ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

Palm Bay, FL

#1 May 27, 2008
We have enough problems with drivers alrady in this area without encouraging more people to drive like hyper'fools on our roads.

United States

#2 May 27, 2008
What is hypermiling? According to an August 2006 story in the Washington Post, it is a method of increasing your car's gas mileage by making skillful changes in the way you drive, allowing you to save gas and thereby have an easier time withstanding the rising oil and gas prices.
Bill Adams

Clearwater, FL

#3 May 27, 2008
I too have changed my driving habits. In addition, I have found a product on the internet called Ethos. You add 4 ounces to your oil after each oil change and 1 ounce to your tank at each fillup. Since I have been using this product, my mileage in my Mercury Tracer has gone from 22 miles/gallon to 32 MPG. Thats an extra 80 to 90 miles per tank. Do the math.. that's a savings of $10 to $12 for every tank of gas I buy. You can find this product at www.thegassecret.net

Terra Ceia, FL

#4 May 27, 2008
Driveby wrote:
We have enough problems with drivers alrady in this area without encouraging more people to drive like hyper'fools on our roads.
Yep you are probably one of the jerks that have to dive 90 in a 45 weave in and out of traffic tailgait just to make the next red light

Terra Ceia, FL

#5 May 27, 2008
Have fun at the gas pump

Nobleton, FL

#6 May 27, 2008
Congradulations Don,but please drive in the right lane,or better yet try hyperbusing.

Tampa, FL

#7 May 27, 2008
My motorcycle gives me "instant/current" mpg.
I've tested it on I-75.
It gets 38 MPG @ 60mph
It gets 40 MPG @ 70mph
It gets 45 MPG @ 85mph (the best MPG!)
and it gets 42 MPG @ 90mph whooda thunk it!
So much for driving slow/saving fuel theory.
But Law Enforcement will still write the ticket!
mindyourownbussi ness

Auburndale, FL

#8 May 27, 2008
This guy is full of crap. Hello....people it has been proven on mythbusters you have to ride peoples arse prefferably large trucks to break wind to gain mpg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apollo Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New construction? (Apr '14) Nov 17 Jennifer 50
Sheila Kenny.... Nov 11 Amazing 6
Fund raising for Cancer patient. Oct '15 DT wheels pva 1
Robert arias Oct '15 Butnboy 1
Tired of meth heads Todd Sep '15 justiceserved1966 1
News Southern Hillsborough set for mosquito spraying Sep '15 BJR 1
Unlimited wireless 2 9421 us 301 Riverview FL 3... Sep '15 BJR 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Apollo Beach Mortgages