Fuquay-Varina is First Out of the Gate in Move to Annex

Apr 16, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Fuquay

“It's hard to plan in a vacuum”

Fuquay-Varina has set in motion a plan to annex a 1,080-acre area north of the present town limits before Holly Springs can lay claim to it. via The Fuquay

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Fuquayd

Pikeville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2008

Read my post - no new taxes! Gas is up 75% since summer '06. Food prices are up 5% total with basics leading the way. Grains up 100% milk up 60% eggs up 100% in just 8 months! All I need now is for the town of Fuquay Varina to steal another $1040 a year out of my pocket.

Tell me, when they say that "all the money received from those home owners will be used in that area," what exactly does that mean for a home owner? The town will gather almost $200,000 a year just from the little neighborhood in which my family lives.

The city manager swears "it's not a money grab." Frankly, I don't care what it's not. All that matters to my family and I is what it will become: a tax burden on the area families with no tangible benefits to residents.

BTW, how does an economic stimulus package stimulate if residents are planning to pay it all back to Fuquay Varina within 2 years anyway?

I'd love to see more residents shouting about this.
Fuquayd
Dave

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2008

I do NOT want to be Annexed!!!!!!
TheDude

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

For it is written, better to be Annexed by Fuquay-Varina than Holly "The Dump" Springs. You can not stop this, you have no control, and this will happen. Why? Because the otherwise unemployable, i.e., bureacrats need to be employed. The only way to ensure their employment and thier job growth is to annex new lands into their districts. Why do you think there are so many levels of government in North Carolina? Oh, and by the way, who has been running NC since reconstruction? And who benefits the most from large government, and how do those unemployable who work for the government vote for? Seeing the "big" picture?

Also, how come growth isn't paying for itself in Cary nor Fuquay-Varina. Who is really getting rich, and who is paying more in taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Apex Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Apex People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance