Apex woman charged with embezzling

Apex woman charged with embezzling

There are 18 comments on the News Observer story from Dec 15, 2011, titled Apex woman charged with embezzling. In it, News Observer reports that:

Raleigh police charged Cherri Lynn Bates, 55, of 1213 Lexington Farm Road with one felony count of embezzlement, according to an arrest warrant filed Wednesday at the Wake County Magistrate's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

Rebecca

Chapel Hill, NC

#1 Dec 27, 2011
Wow....How could it take almost 11 months to figure out that this was going on? What about the poor people who's rent she stole? I hope none of them were evicted for non-payment.
G Liddy

Wake Forest, NC

#2 Dec 27, 2011
She needs to subjected to a million farts to the face. I just had the chili at Applebees -- i'll go first.
D Wright

Kansas City, MO

#3 Dec 31, 2011
Ok, to G. Liddy: Really!? Has anyone heard of innocent till proven quilty? We do live in America! I lived in some apartments and they accused the apartment manager of the same thing and the further they investigated they found it was not him. Ran his name through the dirt to cover one of the good ole boys! How do you think so many of these CEO's make such good bonuses? Hire us little people and we take the fall! I know it does not happen to often but, how many times do you see people released from prison that spent many years claiming their innocence!! People should really think before they speak and/or type!
G Liddy

Wake Forest, NC

#4 Jan 1, 2012
D. Wright -- you're a dirtball and this lady is a thief. I say we fart in her face. Many would suggest we stone her with cheeseburgers or some of those cheap fruit turnovers from Hardees. Anyhoo, why dont you go s u c k an egg.
wondering

Apex, NC

#5 Jan 1, 2012
It is a shame that all of these apt complexes have cropped up all over the triangle. Renters have no rights. Their rent goes up every year. They are required to sign leases long before their current lease has expired. This is for the convenience of the apt owners amd managers. If a person wants to wait to sign another lease they will have their rent jacked up some more. It is all a lose lose situation for the renter. Some managers will not give the renter a receipt for their rent payment but say they will have their cancelled check as a receipt. How odd. Continued in next post.
wondering

Apex, NC

#6 Jan 1, 2012
If you want to break a lease it will cost you 2 months rent or in some cases the remainder of the years rent. You have to have a certain income to qualify to rent or you have to have somebody to sign the lease with you who does have a sufficient income. There are multiple problems in a complex. Odors from your neighbors kitchen and cigarette smoke can come through the hvac system and through the light recepticals.
Most apt managers are attractive women and they wear stileto heels to work. Sex sells, even in the apt business. Management, maintenance and exterminators all have keys to your apt.You have to accept the appliances as is and not all are energy efficient.
wondering

Apex, NC

#7 Jan 1, 2012
It is criminal that people are forced to give up privacy rights so they can have somewhere to live.
However, most of our society is criminal in nature and innocent people are taken advantage of and stomped down by more wealthy and powerful people who are greedy and stupid and ought to be thrown off the planet.
wondering

Apex, NC

#8 Jan 1, 2012
I really do not know how embezzelment could take place if everybody is paying by check or credit/debit cards. Most complexes do not accept cash payments.
An adult

Shawnee, KS

#9 Jan 4, 2012
G Liddy. Seriously? Are you 5? who are you to judge? Let the police do there job, people make mistakes. D wright is right!!!! why don't you go shove that egg up your @!$%$$ This is america, whats with the farting in the face???? Apparently you like that, so leave your sick fetishes to yourself!!!!
Mr Sexy

Wake Forest, NC

#10 Jan 4, 2012
G Liddy is right. I say we fart in poor peoples faces. Lick thine rod, renters.
Parker

Raleigh, NC

#14 Jan 6, 2012
wondering wrote:
I really do not know how embezzelment could take place if everybody is paying by check or credit/debit cards. Most complexes do not accept cash payments.
Some people don't know how to write out a Money Order....They will leave it blank...that would make it pretty easy. Also, some landlords do NOT turn away cash payments. I have investigated some cases where the manager has actually told tenants they would accept cash and money orders only and then when the tenant turns in the blank money order the manager "helps" them by filling it out.....DIRECTLY in their name. It happens! Sad, but true!
Hoot

Apex, NC

#15 Jan 7, 2012
Parker that is sad. I rode out LaSalle St in durham today. Haven't been there in years. It was wall to wall apt buildings most three stories high.No yard. Just concrete lots to park in. Nothing to see out windows but more buildings. No porches to speak of. How sad an existence. For young people just getting started in college they are fine. For others they are abysmal.So many losing homes and have to go to apts. Terrible situation. apt complexes are fire traps and are like tent cities. I prefer a tent.
B Pitt

Wake Forest, NC

#16 Jan 7, 2012
Durham apt dwellers didn't study hard in school. They don't even know two times two. They eat value meals and put rims on their shithole cars. Sorry to switch gears, but i really want to assbang Maria Bello. She's the lead in a new NBC crime drama. Take care and lick my dirty beanbag.
Hoot

Apex, NC

#17 Jan 8, 2012
B Pitt you are a troll and I am sick of your stupid filty posts. You are a pervert so go somewhere else to spew out your evil thoughts.
Hoot

Apex, NC

#18 Jan 8, 2012
B Pitt is making filthy comments on this site and
they should be removed
B Pitt

Wake Forest, NC

#19 Jan 8, 2012
Hoot -- I will lick your mom's gash again if you keep running your fool mouth. Why don't you get a date, kiss her (or him), and enjoy yourself. You are a class A nerd -- I know it. Ha Ha Ha, dork-ass.
Hoot

Apex, NC

#20 Jan 8, 2012
You will wind up in prison or in the grave. What a miserable demon you are. You are not human. You came from Hell and you will return there.
An adult

Shawnee, KS

#21 Jan 10, 2012
You people need to get a life and leave others alone!!! People make mistakes, and they always get caught, If someone want to do something like that then thats on them... Who are you to judge???? By the way you all talk, i'm sure you've done somethings you don't want to share!!! Get a life, and get a job and shut your mouth!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kathy curtin Mon JOSEPH CLEARY 2
South Carolina No Longer Gamecocks Mar 19 Aminu Timberlake 1
Reuben Burton (Mar '16) Mar 19 lavo 6
News Texas Senate gives OK to bill curbing transgend... Mar 16 June 3
Looking For Answers from Duke Mar 14 NobodysBusiness 5
News Group buys a lost and founda ad for a senator i... Mar 3 Bob 1
Living in Cary (Mar '06) Nov '16 vote hillary 508

Apex Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance