Rep. Thomas Wright: Attorneys again allege racism

Mar 5, 2008 Full story: Charlotte.com

“Charges of racism, if proven, carry an enormously stigmatizing effect.”

A historic hearing over whether state legislators should punish one of their own members became wrapped up in a debate over racism Tuesday.

Attorneys for Rep. Thomas Wright renewed their complaint that Wright's colleagues are treating him unfairly because he is black. They called for the chairman of the panel overseeing the ethics panel, Rep. Rick Glazier, to step aside.

In an impassioned and strongly worded rebuttal, Glazier denounced their complaint as 'frivolous' and 'groundless.' A Fayetteville Democrat who is a law professor, he spoke about his work as a civil-rights lawyer and about discrimination he has experienced because he is Jewish. Read more

Full Story
An Olde Friend

Pinehurst, NC

#1 Mar 12, 2008
Yeah, Rick Glazier always thinks he's being discriminated against because he's Jewish. Mostly he's an a__hole with a real big chip on his shoulder. He accused me of discriminating against him because he was Jewish and I didn't know what his religion was. Anytime you have a different opinion than what he has or disagree with what he says, or he doesn't get his own way, he'll bring up discrimination. I've never heard anyone ask him what religion is. He'll bring it into the conversation himself for his own purposes. If he thinks people discriminate against him because of his religeon, but he's not smart enough to keep his mouth shut about what religion he is, and thinks people discriminate against him because of his religion, should we even trust him? It's not like it's stamped on his forehead. Seems like he makes a lot of his own problems. Personally, I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. Most people are smart enough to know when to keep their mouths shut.
Bitter EX democrackkk

Asheville, NC

#2 Mar 12, 2008
I have several Jewish friends, but they can be paranoid sometimes over the simplest of matters.

Thomas Wright is a CROOK just like some of the others yet to be INDICTED. WHO's NEXT?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 hr Waco 59,727
NC vote by mail shows 20% swing to Dems after f... 8 hr Bitter EX democra... 3
Debate: Marijuana - Cary, NC (Aug '10) 17 hr Jason 41
Moving to Raleigh (Mar '06) Sep 18 DRC 470
Join us for Durham NAMI meetings every first tu... Sep 14 keypadangel 1
Jealous of latina women?? (Aug '09) Sep 9 LIZZY 85
gary the handyman Sep 3 18m_Leave K_k Below 1
•••
•••
Apex Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••