Obese women urged to gain less in pregnancy

May 31, 2009 Full story: News Observer

Expectant mothers are simultaneously cautioned by doctors to gain no more than 35 pounds and egged on by friends and family to splurge because they're eating for two.

Full Story

Since: Feb 07

San Francisco, CA

#1 Jun 3, 2009
Right.

Every tried to teach an addict how to control his habit?

Food addiction and being female: but I repeat myself.
Elizabeth Edwards

United States

#4 Apr 23, 2010
Telling a pig not to eat is like telling John Edwards not to lie and cheat.
No Fatties

Raleigh, NC

#5 May 8, 2010
Only a desparate ugly fool would pork a sow.
sadie

United States

#6 Sep 18, 2010
No Fatties wrote:
Only a desparate ugly fool would pork a sow.
While I agree to a certain extent, I also believe that women shouldn't be called such terms as fatties, and sows either.

I'm 5'8" and 155 lbs (then again I've had a baby and lost over 50lbs of baby weight so far and still trying to lose the last 20) and do you realize how many times I've been referred to by these terms all because I gained weight from a simply pregnancy?? That's freakin crazy, that people are that cruel to eachother. There's no need for it.

Its not something I asked for, it happened in my pregnancy due to my bad genes from my mother. I was a 130 lbs, size 6, with 6 pack abs before I became pregnant. Now I'm about 20 lbs away from my goal, and even so ill never be able to wear a bikini again, due to the large number of stretch marks.

So yea I am a little offended by that comment, because as a person that actually works their ass off to get in shape, I get sick of the fat jokes just because I had a kid. I'm actually kinda glad it happened, its humbled me. But its still bothersome. Grow up!

Not everyone wants to looked starved, on crack, and have no boobs or ass on top of that!

Quite frankly its the one thing I did like, the boobs and ass I received from my pregnancy.

You say no fatties, I say no skinny boys that I crack heads. I like muscles. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Duke / Freedom Foundation / House of God (Feb '09) Oct 21 Anna Marie 7
AICPA Announces 2014 Leadership Academy Class Oct 21 Ace McMillan 1
MC's in North Carolina Oct 20 sonnyg 1
Brad Cooper - Fair and Just Trial? WHO MIGHT B... (May '11) Oct 18 Bend Over 1,307
NC vote by mail shows 20% swing to Dems after f... Oct 18 Swedenforever 7
Review: Steve's Appliance and HVAC (Feb '10) Oct 18 StevesNeighbor 18
Are depressed kids bully magnets? (Feb '12) Oct 12 phamminhloan 9
Apex Dating
Find my Match

Apex Jobs

Apex People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Apex News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Apex

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]