First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21 Mar 18, 2013
A photographer friend wrote:
Do you remember writing papers for your English teacher in school, you were also taught to ' site your source' when you were using another persons words.
The word is "cite" not "site." And it should be "person's," not "persons." English class is now over. Please review your homework assignments.
opinion

Colonial Heights, VA

#22 Mar 18, 2013
Please wrote:
<quoted text> of course you can as long as that newspaper gives photo credit to the photographer!
as the tribune does with every photo that the photographer has identified themselves on...cheep out and dont put your stamp on every picture whos to know its your work?

how bout all the copies made by the parents scan to computer take to kinnys on a flash drive make your prints.

sorry but this is nothing that belongs in court. pictures of kids that the parents hired you to take? come on. go capture some real historical moments or once in a lifetime sights copyright them and you have a legit claim to something..other than that you are just a gold digging trouble maker using and perverting laws for your own greed and vindictiveness.
cls

East Syracuse, NY

#23 Mar 18, 2013
All this makes me wonder if I want Amy to take any pictures for me. What if I decide to publish them on the internet or have them made into Christmas cards is she going to put a lawsuit against me too? I just feel I paid her for the pictures and I should be able to do what I want with them.
Please

Fayetteville, NY

#24 Mar 18, 2013
Why don't you Morons just do everyone a favor...shut the He!! Up and go to Wal Mart!
Ohoh

Fayetteville, NY

#25 Mar 18, 2013
I know why don't you go to Gidget, she's sooooo awesome I bet she'll let you do ANYTHING you want with the photos she takes! And according to some people, for no money! Just ask her!
Randy Andy

Ithaca, NY

#26 Mar 19, 2013
Ohoh wrote:
I know why don't you go to Gidget, she's sooooo awesome I bet she'll let you do ANYTHING you want with the photos she takes! And according to some people, for no money! Just ask her!
Oh please, "she is sooooo awesome". For petes sake a trained monkey could do better.
ooosp

Ithaca, NY

#27 Mar 19, 2013
well it just seems awful funny if you read the police blotter a few weeks ago she was in it for bad checks then all of a sudden she is suing the tribune.. seems kind of funny to me... bad checks there amy be careful with that...
ooosp

Ithaca, NY

#28 Mar 19, 2013
opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
as the tribune does with every photo that the photographer has identified themselves on...cheep out and dont put your stamp on every picture whos to know its your work?
how bout all the copies made by the parents scan to computer take to kinnys on a flash drive make your prints.
sorry but this is nothing that belongs in court. pictures of kids that the parents hired you to take? come on. go capture some real historical moments or once in a lifetime sights copyright them and you have a legit claim to something..other than that you are just a gold digging trouble maker using and perverting laws for your own greed and vindictiveness.
she has got to cover them bad checks she wrote lol....
reader

Gouverneur, NY

#29 Mar 19, 2013
ooosp wrote:
well it just seems awful funny if you read the police blotter a few weeks ago she was in it for bad checks then all of a sudden she is suing the tribune.. seems kind of funny to me... bad checks there amy be careful with that...
There is still a police blotter? It must be so small I missed it lately.
Tito Santana

East Syracuse, NY

#30 Mar 19, 2013
Hey Amy.

Newsflash. We don't give a fuck. You're petty. You were paid a shit ton of money by the customer for those pictures and now you're just trying to profit by taking down a small town newspaper for two reasons. One, the potential payday. You won't have to work for awhile because you're lazy. And two, animosity. You feel you're the only game in town and you want the Tribune and everyone else to acknowledge it. Anyone who really knows you knows that's the case.

The fact of the matter is you've buried yourself with this as far a public relations goes. You weren't losing a dime but you're trying to take something away from this town we've had before you moved your fat ass here.

If you put as much effort into housekeeping as you are into warring with Dick Sterling, you might be able to walk through your house.
Hahaha

Fayetteville, NY

#31 Mar 20, 2013
Tito Santana wrote:
Hey Amy.
Newsflash. We don't give a fuck. You're petty. You were paid a shit ton of money by the customer for those pictures and now you're just trying to profit by taking down a small town newspaper for two reasons. One, the potential payday. You won't have to work for awhile because you're lazy. And two, animosity. You feel you're the only game in town and you want the Tribune and everyone else to acknowledge it. Anyone who really knows you knows that's the case.
The fact of the matter is you've buried yourself with this as far a public relations goes. You weren't losing a dime but you're trying to take something away from this town we've had before you moved your fat ass here.
If you put as much effort into housekeeping as you are into warring with Dick Sterling, you might be able to walk through your house.
sounds like you don't give a fuck to me, lol! Sounds to me like this is consuming your life, the paper in this town sucks has for the many many years I've lived in this suck town! It's a joke and continues to get worse every week. It's a paper that doesn't even report on the important issues! Your little rant on Amy seems personal to me and your doing the exact thing that Mr. Dick did letting your personal feelings come before what's right and LEGAL!
Oh oh

Fayetteville, NY

#32 Mar 20, 2013
Randy Andy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, "she is sooooo awesome". For petes sake a trained monkey could do better.
I was being sarcastic! I wouldn't go to that woman if my photos were free! I when I pay good money for my photos I want something I can hang on my wall!
Bad Jack

Watertown, NY

#33 Mar 20, 2013
Hahaha wrote:
<quoted text> sounds like you don't give a fuck to me, lol! Sounds to me like this is consuming your life, the paper in this town sucks has for the many many years I've lived in this suck town! It's a joke and continues to get worse every week. It's a paper that doesn't even report on the important issues! Your little rant on Amy seems personal to me and your doing the exact thing that Mr. Dick did letting your personal feelings come before what's right and LEGAL!
There are a ton of things that are technically illegal but no one makes a federal case out of them because we aren't all grade A assholes. Hence, burning garbage outdoors here and there, letting our kids drive an old truck in a field with us sitting next to them etc. Could you turn people in for doing that? Yes. But should you be surprised when everyone in town thinks you're a f-ing jackass? No.
Fact is, shewas overpaid for those who wanted them in the first place. The parents simply wanted pictures of their kids in the paper because they were proud of them. No we all have to worry if the Lorax is going to sue us personally for how we use pictures we f-ing paid for. The inevitable result is, most intelligent people just aren't going to do business with her because of it regardless of their thoughts on the Tribune.
I've done business with Impression Studio's in the past and I can assure you this. I never, ever will again. Who knows if my family wants to use my portrait for my obit many years from now and my wife ends up getting sued because she didn't ask Amy's permission to use something we paid for 40 years ago.
Just Wondering

Moravia, NY

#34 Mar 20, 2013
would it not be up to the person, people, or organization to give the name of the photographer or get permission first from them to post the picture? To me if she is going to sue the paper then she should also include all of her clients, the school, and whatever organization that gave the picture. MAKE A CLEAN SWEEP OF EVERYONE! How much business do you think she would have left after that. This is a small town we all help each other. Business to business.
HereYaGo

Ithaca, NY

#35 Mar 20, 2013
Just Wondering wrote:
would it not be up to the person, people, or organization to give the name of the photographer or get permission first from them to post the picture? To me if she is going to sue the paper then she should also include all of her clients, the school, and whatever organization that gave the picture. MAKE A CLEAN SWEEP OF EVERYONE! How much business do you think she would have left after that. This is a small town we all help each other. Business to business.
I understand your point of business to business but under that concept, why would Dick deliberately acknowledge Gidget's pictures and yet Amy's pictures right next to Gidget's didn't get acknowledged?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antwerp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rod and april 4 hr Bigboy201112 14
Dan parshley 20 hr Bigboy201112 1
Erica Kirkpatrick and Troy Bigwarfe Dec 12 TROY 7
News Music News Meek Mill denied bail hearing as jud... Dec 12 insomniacat 21
Dirty Pike Dec 11 yepper 8
Gouverneur high school principal Dec 11 agree 14
Glenn Dygert Dec 10 jmo 8

Antwerp Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance