Vote for Nicole Duve for district attorney

Oct 25, 2013 Full story: Watertown Daily Times 186

I come from a law enforcement family. My father was a trooper and BCI investigator with the New York State Police for more than 35 years, and both of my sons are New York State troopers.

Full Story
Exactly

Richville, NY

#69 Oct 30, 2013
Masked Bandit wrote:
#1 Duve can't fabricate evidence. When u think the Garrett Phillips case, reference the Jon Bennet Ramsey case. Yes, the politically correct answer is to prosecute but once you indite, there is a ticking clock to bring the case to trial. Cases take YEARS!!! It's not in Duve's hands yet!! Pdam Police case still.
#2 evidence takes forever to analyze. I.e Phillips case. Maybe there is still evidence in the lab.
#3 Rain is running a dirty campaign, pulling at the heart strings of the public. Notice how she shows up at high profile events I.e. cancer fundraisers because she can't fall back on her credentials. Don't be fooled!!
#4 Rain is dishonest. How long has she been a cop??? How many jobs in the last 5 years???
#5 the Troopers union endorsed Rain, not the Road Troopers. There is a difference!! I.e. a retired member shaking Rain's hand in the media. Where were the active members in that photo?
#6 Manor is supporting his boss, like a loyal employee. Just like when he supported Gary Miles when he ran against Duve.
#7 Anyone from Potsdam knows Tandy's reputation. Sad but true. What happened to Garrett is deplorable and should never happen to any child. But Tandy should not have let every swinging dick she met at a bar into her child's life.
#8 when you go to the poles, don't be impressed by smoke screens and lies. The truth must prevail. Duve is the only choice. Rain is an imposter. It's easy to point fingers at someone who has been in effect as long as Duve. Rain is just an alternative!
#9 Post this on Facebook Rain you hack. Does it make you cry???
If I could shake your hand I would. You are spot on my friend. Duve is working, doing her job and not spending time and donor dollars on wiping Rain's character into the St. Lawrence Co. dirt. Rain is an example of a political imposter who is trying to get votes with smoke and mirrors, games and childish or elementary tactics. Duve has a track record a mile long. She has shown she can handle the pile of work. Rain has shown neigher that allows her the privilege of this office. If I remember correctly - most of these posts started with a State Trooper/Investigator giving Duve the nod in the WTD. That is not a political union supporter, but flesh and blood whom knows the story and lived it with her by their side. Duve is the clear champion here and will get the votes I am hoping to continue her career at SLC. Rain can go back to trying to beat her in a court case. Can't smear in there.
DRT

Watertown, NY

#70 Oct 30, 2013
Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
If I could shake your hand I would. You are spot on my friend. Duve is working, doing her job and not spending time and donor dollars on wiping Rain's character into the St. Lawrence Co. dirt. Rain is an example of a political imposter who is trying to get votes with smoke and mirrors, games and childish or elementary tactics. Duve has a track record a mile long. She has shown she can handle the pile of work. Rain has shown neigher that allows her the privilege of this office. If I remember correctly - most of these posts started with a State Trooper/Investigator giving Duve the nod in the WTD. That is not a political union supporter, but flesh and blood whom knows the story and lived it with her by their side. Duve is the clear champion here and will get the votes I am hoping to continue her career at SLC. Rain can go back to trying to beat her in a court case. Can't smear in there.
Your right Duve has a track record a mile long, Oxley, Trimm, Phillips, The Massena case, and the list just goes on and on.

This was started because one of her employees tried to sing her praises while hiding the truth from the people.
About time

Malone, NY

#71 Oct 30, 2013
Masked Bandit and Exactly, couldn't agree with you more! Bandit, you hit the nail in the head with every example. You said a few things that many people are thinking but don't have the nerve to say. Kudos to you!
About time

Malone, NY

#72 Oct 30, 2013
Do a little research. Nicole got a conviction in the first Oxley trial.
DRT

Watertown, NY

#73 Oct 30, 2013
About time wrote:
Yep, and then lost it
About time

Malone, NY

#74 Oct 30, 2013
DRT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and then lost it
Yes, on a technicality that was not her fault. My God, do you honestly think Mary Rain will do better? She couldn't handle any job she's had well. How will she possibly be able to handle the work load of a DA? And please tell me what exactly will she do with the Phillips case that isn't already being done?
Just me

Richville, NY

#75 Oct 30, 2013
DRT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and then lost it
There are so many layers that you don't know about and only consider the outcome that is shared. It is like opening a story book and only reading the first and last sentence. There is a lot of things that hinder the outcome, instances, people, places and items that get lost, stories changed, etc. Don't believe everthing you read or hear. Go find out for yourself. Your statements are complimentary of a newspaper headline that goes after a reader and subscriptions. In this case votes. Sometimes the story is completely opposite and you wonder, scratching your head, how did they come up with that headline. Don't fall into the he said, she said bs and not know all of the facts in each case. I doubt you do and it just sounds good to say she let them go. It is not that cut and dry Mr.DRT. Not even close.
derps gone wild

Edwards, NY

#76 Oct 30, 2013
Since 2008 duve's had 444 dismissals, 10 aquittals, and 267 reductions, JUST on felony case. Yeah sure shes a great choice.NOT.( I hope my grammar isn't going to be an issue).
Come on Election Day

West Springfield, MA

#77 Oct 30, 2013
derps gone wild wrote:
Since 2008 duve's had 444 dismissals, 10 aquittals, and 267 reductions, JUST on felony case. Yeah sure shes a great choice.NOT.( I hope my grammar isn't going to be an issue).
Well, not everyone on trial is guilty. How many cases in total has she had? Better yet, do you yourself have a high stress job such as a DA?
derps gone wild

Edwards, NY

#79 Oct 30, 2013
Come on Election Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, not everyone on trial is guilty. How many cases in total has she had? Better yet, do you yourself have a high stress job such as a DA?
So what does my jobs stress level (which by the way,has more stress than you can imagine)have to do with Duve's poor job performance??? As a matter of fact Duve's inaction has caused stress at MY job. We were just fortunate enough that the trooper involved stepped up and made things happen correctly. Duve was content to once again drop the ball and let another lawbreaker walk out the door. If the stress is too great for Duve to do her job properly, maybe she'll be relieved when she loses next week.
dumbve

Gouverneur, NY

#80 Oct 30, 2013
The BOTTOM line ... what good does this woman actually acomplish? I tell you NOTHING. she lets the truly important cases sit on her desk amd they do nothing. Shehas spit in the poor family of the little boy who was killed. She has done nothing about a dirt bag who has stolen a ungodly amount of money from a local business who since that arrest has been investigated by the police on 2 seperate occasions for bouncing checks and was recently charged with harrasment against her own child. Where is this woman? Still on probation paid for by the tax payers instead of yhe the taxpayers being safe from her and putting her in jail. Lets make us responsible for her but allow her to be free to damage others. At least put her in jail so we the taxpayers can still foot her bill but at least we have control over who she destroys. Nicole Duve needs to get her head out of her ass and prosecute this thief. She has now moved to ren falls to destroy them
DUVE SUCKS

Ogdensburg, NY

#81 Oct 30, 2013
Here's one....CIVIL ACTION NO7:01-CV01310NAM/GHL
(ROBERTS VS. ST.LAWRENCE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY, OGDENSBURG POLICE DEPT. AND ST.LAWRENCE COUNTY SHERIFF) makes for good reading. VOTE RAIN!
DUVE SUCKS

Ogdensburg, NY

#82 Oct 30, 2013
Alleged Robber Released From County Jail
BY BRIAN KIDWELL AND BENNY FAIRCHILD For the second time in as many weeks, someone facing felony charges has been released after the St. Lawrence County District Attorney's Office failed to provide them with a preliminary hearing in a timely manner.City Court Judge George E. Silver, who on Tuesday released Lawrence B. Grenier III, adjourned the case until Dec. 22. Mr. Grenier, 32, of 5394 Route 812 was charged Nov. 15 with second-degree attempted robbery.Mr. Grenier...

Brandy L. Grenier, 29, of 311 Belmont Courts, and Lawrence B. Grenier 36, of 938 County Route 4, were arrested at 12:31 p.m. and 4:42 p.m. Wednesday, respectively, for third-degree assault. Both were arraigned by Judge William R. Small and released on her own recognizance, Ogdensburg police said. The address and age of the victim, Michelle Horton, were unavailable.---Corey S. Grice, 44, of 1332 Ford St., was arrested on a city court bench warrant at 7:53 p.m. Tuesday at the 1500 block of Ford...

MASSENA - An Ogdensburg man accused of assisting his wife and a friend shoplift at Walmart here on Jan. 23 was charged with two counts of petit larceny Saturday at 12:30 p.m. Lawrence B. Grenier, 34, of 5394 state Highway 812, Ogdensburg, was released on an appearance ticket returnable March 1 in Massena Village Court, according to police. Mr. Grenier, police said, allegedly stole items along with his wife, Brandy, and a friend, Kelly Staton, both also of Ogdensburg. Both women were...
IN THE KNOW

Mexico, NY

#84 Oct 30, 2013
About time wrote:
Yes by sucking of the judge and suppressing evidence that should have be allowed in. It wasn't rocket science. But you can go on and on. WHATEVER Dumbass.
IN THE KNOW

Mexico, NY

#85 Oct 30, 2013
About time wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, on a technicality that was not her fault. My God, do you honestly think Mary Rain will do better? She couldn't handle any job she's had well. How will she possibly be able to handle the work load of a DA? And please tell me what exactly will she do with the Phillips case that isn't already being done?
Yes it's never her Fault. Read the post before this one Genius. How about putting it in front of a Grandjury.
SHFD

Potsdam, NY

#86 Oct 30, 2013
Wow! As I read these posts the only question I can ask myself is why there are only two candidates for St. Lawrence County DA's on the ballot. Who knew that there are so many living room lawyers in our county?
Phillips Fam Backs Duve

Potsdam, NY

#87 Oct 31, 2013
The Phillips family has actually endorsed Duve, believing that Mary Rain will ultimately do harm to Garrett's case if she were elected. Several family members have commented they feel Rain's use of Garrett's murder in her re-election campaign has reached an all-time low in politics, and called her granstanding and use of a tragedy as"dirty" and something of which she should be ashamed. They have also commented they believe the case is progressing and want someone who is willing to put in the time with patience to ensure a conviction. It is easy, isn't it, to judge the cases Duve has lost, because defense tactics use media to sway public opinion, and prosecutors do not, as it is often considered unethical in the practice. However, Rain shows over and over a disregard for ethics. Do some research on her background and all the problems she has had in her history, including back pedaling on comments she has made already (like how many years of experience she has actually had as a prosecutor)?
DRT

Watertown, NY

#88 Oct 31, 2013
Phillips Fam Backs Duve wrote:
The Phillips family has actually endorsed Duve, believing that Mary Rain will ultimately do harm to Garrett's case if she were elected. Several family members have commented they feel Rain's use of Garrett's murder in her re-election campaign has reached an all-time low in politics, and called her granstanding and use of a tragedy as"dirty" and something of which she should be ashamed. They have also commented they believe the case is progressing and want someone who is willing to put in the time with patience to ensure a conviction. It is easy, isn't it, to judge the cases Duve has lost, because defense tactics use media to sway public opinion, and prosecutors do not, as it is often considered unethical in the practice. However, Rain shows over and over a disregard for ethics. Do some research on her background and all the problems she has had in her history, including back pedaling on comments she has made already (like how many years of experience she has actually had as a prosecutor)?
Nice try Nicole or Nicoles supporter but we aren't buying it, we didn't fall off the pumpkin truck last night.
Come on Election Day

Potsdam, NY

#89 Oct 31, 2013
I know first hand the Phillips family support Nicole Duve. Clearly, you don't know the family. Can you tell me one thing that Mary Rain can do for the Phillips family that Ms. Duve isn't doing? I would love to be enlightened. The case hasn't even been presented to Nicole yet as it is still under investigation. Come on people, know the facts.
DRT

Watertown, NY

#90 Oct 31, 2013
Oh please, Nicole has approved and seen everything done to date. She has given direction and guidance, don't kid yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antwerp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heap 5 hr Working mother 9
Nate Jones 5 hr Charlotte 2
where are the protest and looting? 8 hr Dog one 23
Gouverneur police why do we still pay them 18 hr dan 2
Jody Hart Really? Tue Too funny 10
no federal charges against darren wilson Tue Janet 2
Erika Bishop and Troy Bigwarfe Mon Parole 1
Antwerp Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web