no respect for spouse and children

Posted in the Antwerp Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Mar 15, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
how come

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

so many men and women screw around on their spouse and have no concern that they could bring home a disease they could leave on the toilet seat and pass on to their children goodness people don't they realize aids and many other things can be picked up in those nights of screwing around then you have these young girls with 3 or 4 kids belonging to almost as many men and they are right out there looking for the daddy for the next baby. and they don't care who gets hurt including their own children
i think

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 12, 2013
 
people just have no self respect,or respect for their kids if you want to screw around town then don't get married and screw up your kids life with divorse and fighting. simple as that
mary

Carthage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 12, 2013
 
so true

“I could be wrong.”

Since: Apr 11

The Internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

how come wrote:
they could bring home a disease they could leave on the toilet seat and pass on to their children
You may want to read up on disease transmission. "Toilet seat infection" doesn't really happen. But thanks for the laugh!
i think

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 12, 2013
 
Randall Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to read up on disease transmission. "Toilet seat infection" doesn't really happen. But thanks for the laugh!
your wrong crabs are often transmitted from the toilet seat believe me crabs can care diseases

“I could be wrong.”

Since: Apr 11

The Internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 12, 2013
 
I'm not really trying to pick a fight here, but that's not true, and you're spreading misinformation about infectious diseases. Here's a good rundown of the characteristics of pubic lice (or "crabs") from the CDC:

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lice/pubic/gen_i...

While it is POSSIBLE to transmit pubic lice through common contact with physical items like toilet seats or clothing, it certainly doesn't happen OFTEN, as you've claimed. The CDC even goes so far as to say that transmission via toilet seat is "extremely rare."

The lice can't survive outside the warm environment of a human host. Even if you leave pubic lice on a toilet seat, the toilet seat kills them because they need a warm human body to survive.

Also, pubic lice don't usually CARRY disease, they ARE a disease (or more appropriately they are an infestation).
i have

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 12, 2013
 
Randall Stevens wrote:
I'm not really trying to pick a fight here, but that's not true, and you're spreading misinformation about infectious diseases. Here's a good rundown of the characteristics of pubic lice (or "crabs") from the CDC:
http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lice/pubic/gen_i...
While it is POSSIBLE to transmit pubic lice through common contact with physical items like toilet seats or clothing, it certainly doesn't happen OFTEN, as you've claimed. The CDC even goes so far as to say that transmission via toilet seat is "extremely rare."
The lice can't survive outside the warm environment of a human host. Even if you leave pubic lice on a toilet seat, the toilet seat kills them because they need a warm human body to survive.
Also, pubic lice don't usually CARRY disease, they ARE a disease (or more appropriately they are an infestation).
actually seen crabs on public toilet seats two times, public toilets are used a lot in resterants, poster didn't even mention lice

“I could be wrong.”

Since: Apr 11

The Internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 12, 2013
 
Crabs and pubic lice are the same thing.
anyone

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 12, 2013
 
Randall Stevens wrote:
Crabs and pubic lice are the same thing.
really care people pass them around like candy any way, heck I know people who picked them up in bar rest room and then don't know how they got them
Einstein

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 12, 2013
 
At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Honest honey.

“I could be wrong.”

Since: Apr 11

The Internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 12, 2013
 
anyone wrote:
heck I know people who picked them up in bar rest room and then don't know how they got them
Sorry to break this to you, but while it's POSSIBLE they were being honest, it's very unlikely. It's really difficult to transmit these things outside of direct contact with another person that's carrying them.

It makes sense, though, doesn't it? If you caught pubic lice from someone, wouldn't you rather lie and say you got it from a toilet seat somewhere?

I mean, you can tell me "I know so-and-so who caught them from such-and-such bar's bathroom" all you want, but these aren't mysterious curses that are baffling scientists. These are pretty well-understood parasites that have been fairly thoroughly researched by modern science for a while.

Regardless of whether someone tells you they got crabs from a toilet seat, it's still really REALLY rare to transmit the parasites without direct contact with a human carrier. So they are either INCREDIBLY unlucky or they're lying. And since this is the internet, my money's on the lie.
opinion

Cuba, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 12, 2013
 
Randall Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to break this to you, but while it's POSSIBLE they were being honest, it's very unlikely. It's really difficult to transmit these things outside of direct contact with another person that's carrying them.
It makes sense, though, doesn't it? If you caught pubic lice from someone, wouldn't you rather lie and say you got it from a toilet seat somewhere?
I mean, you can tell me "I know so-and-so who caught them from such-and-such bar's bathroom" all you want, but these aren't mysterious curses that are baffling scientists. These are pretty well-understood parasites that have been fairly thoroughly researched by modern science for a while.
Regardless of whether someone tells you they got crabs from a toilet seat, it's still really REALLY rare to transmit the parasites without direct contact with a human carrier. So they are either INCREDIBLY unlucky or they're lying. And since this is the internet, my money's on the lie.
well randal pubic lice are an insect not all that different from a deer tick. are you saying you need to have direct contact with a deer to get a deer tick on you? how bad the infestation is is a major factor in how they can and will be transferred.with the basic uncleanness of some in gouverneur, its not that unreasonable to say they could have an infestation of any insects that will jump or crawl to other people, toilet seats, bar stools, napkins or any other route to a hew host. you are taking the most common method of transfer and claiming it is the only believable answer.
Einstein

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 12, 2013
 
Ticks are much more mobile than lice and can survive off of the host longer. Lice are obligate ectoparasites.

“I could be wrong.”

Since: Apr 11

The Internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 12, 2013
 
opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
well randal pubic lice are an insect not all that different from a deer tick.
Is this some sort of bad joke? They are a LOT different from a deer tick. Just because two organisms are both insects doesn't mean their habitats and life cycles have much in common at all. This is seriously elementary school biology, do you not even have a 3rd-grade understanding of entomology?

Butterflies are insects, too, so would you also say that pubic lice can fly and sprout bright orange wings?

I'm not just making stuff up, here. I even sourced my first post to the CDC. Did you even read that link? Oh god, is this how you live your entire life?? Do you just intuit your way through your medical decisions based on what "makes sense" to you??
nurse

Edwards, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 12, 2013
 
I am a registered nurse of 14 yrs and you certainly can get crabs and many other sexually transmitted diseases from toilet seats!!
true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 12, 2013
 
What about hep c? Im fairly certain you can get that from a toilet seat.
nurse

Edwards, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 12, 2013
 
I said many other not everything..
Einstein

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 12, 2013
 
I hate to pick nits here, but how do nurses have sex with toilet seats. I know it's a lousey anology. Signed Pthirus pubis.
concerend

Hermon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 12, 2013
 
really hey nurse i know this girl who has gential warts on her you know what can this be contagious to on a toliet seat.
nurse

Edwards, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 12, 2013
 
concerend wrote:
really hey nurse i know this girl who has gential warts on her you know what can this be contagious to on a toliet seat.
it certainly can be.. low chance but it can happen

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antwerp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Gouverneur, NY 41 min sam 29
Gouverneur Police Chief Criticzes Trustee 1 hr Provocative 6
Amber Dashner (Feb '13) 2 hr wow 27
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/2014... 3 hr SOOOO Sick of It 5
why are there no real jobs in this town? 7 hr Resident 17
rob williams 12 hr friend 2
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Tue College Professor 6,391

Search the Antwerp Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Antwerp Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Antwerp People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Antwerp News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Antwerp
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••