Northern New York man pleads guilty to killing lover's husband

Full story: WRGB

A northern New York man marked his 43rd birthday today by entering a surprise guilty plea in a homicide case in Jefferson County Court.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Nov 30, 2006
Leslie

Walkertown, NC

#1 Apr 30, 2006
Jason was not a dangerous man by any means. Murphy is only making excuses. He wanted to cut out the competition. In the process he took away a beloved family member and friend. If anyone drove him to murder it was Melanie Ellerson. She doesn't deserve to carry the name Ellerson. So we'll call her only Melanie. He wanted no more to do with Melanie, only his children. They were his life. But she obviously would'nt allow that. She is every bit as guilty as David Murphy.
Donna California Dreamer

Brentwood, CA

#2 Jul 29, 2006
Leslie, on what evidence are you basing your acquisition’s on that Mrs. Jason Ellerson meaning Melanie Ellerson should be implicated in the murder of Jason along with David Murphy? I’m really curious as to how you came to that conclusion. You stated “If anyone drove him to murder it was Melanie Ellerson, she doesn’t deserve to carry the name Ellerson. So we’ll call her only Melanie”. I’m very impressed with your investigating abilities and knowledge of the law. It make’s me feel so much safer out there in this hard, cruel, and dangerous world just knowing that there are so many upstanding citizens such as yourself that are so much more educated and knowledgeable than our District Attorney's, Assistant District Attorney's, Attorney’s, and Judge’s that rule the Court systems today that give us ordinary citizens such as myself and Melanie the right to be innocent until proven guilty and our fair right to a trial by our peers. I'm sure that thought never crossed the District Attorney’s mind that Melanie might possibly have been involved in the conspiracy of murder and possibly even the murder itself. I feel confident though that had they had your investigating abilities and your level of intelligence pertaining to the law things would have been much different. For one, David could have walked because you felt like he had been brained washed by Melanie and Melanie could be locked up instead. Well anyway it probably just slipped their minds and it all slipped through the system and was sweep under the carpet. But really, if you think about it, if you were David, and you were sitting in Prison for 22 years to life (which is David’s entire lifetime, and now it’s a wash for him) and Melanie was out there still in the real world with no worries now that you (we’re pretending your David) took care of business for her, that if Melanie had at any time in the past even said anything like “if Jason wasn’t here” or “if Jason would only go away”“it would be so much easier” and you then took it upon yourself to commit the act “for her” now she’s out there and your in Prison knowing your never going to step foot outside of the gates again, knowing that your there forever until the day you die, trust and believe I think you would be telling everything you knew about her to the Assistant District Attorney trying to get her in as much trouble as your in and singing like a Jay bird to your Attorney. There is no way David would let her get away with that. Hell if it were me I would be so pissed off I would probably even make it up that it was all her idea just to get back at her for setting me up!!!! What kind of a fool would let anyone get away with setting them up that way and then just walk away! Nobody! Come on ,get real. You sound like maybe your jealous Melanie was with Jason and you weren’t. didn’t you say you were from another state than New York? How would you know what Jason wanted or didn’t want for that fact. It obviously wasn’t you so you have now have nothing better to do that sit around on your computer and bitch abut everything and try to play private investigator/District Attorney/Judge/and Jury! Why don’t you get a life and stay out of Jason’s and Melanie’s.
From:“I know more then you “ Signing off from California, good-bye.
P.S. don't they really call you Trish?
Melanie ELLERSON

Syracuse, NY

#3 Aug 26, 2006
Leslie wrote:
Jason was not a dangerous man by any means. Murphy is only making excuses. He wanted to cut out the competition. In the process he took away a beloved family member and friend. If anyone drove him to murder it was Melanie Ellerson. She doesn't deserve to carry the name Ellerson. So we'll call her only Melanie. He wanted no more to do with Melanie, only his children. They were his life. But she obviously would'nt allow that. She is every bit as guilty as David Murphy.
Wow! It's amazing how someone w/ such little insight into mine and my husband "Jason Ellerson's" life has. I've never checked out any of the online BS on the murder of my husband, but out of curiosity I decided to today after looking for information on a tragic accident by my house this am. You, Leslie are a mere Brat. You only laid eyes on Jason 4 times in your entire life. He was nothing to you, so shut the hell up. Only Jason, David and I knew what went on...not anybody else. Jason had been through so much and was angry.{and had every right to be} He loved our children and I very much. He didn't stay for his kids. Anybody who truly knew Jason knew that. As in any murder case the spouse is investigated. I was investigated thouroughly. No, I didn't have anything to do w/ my husbands murder. I think you've watched way too many Lifetime movies. I had had enough of David Murphy and Jason Ellerson's games and BS, so I was moving on. No one can make anyone shoot someone. David did it for his own reasons. Maybe you should question the loyalty to Jason's children and I from Jason's newly found friends of a month and ask them why they find it neccesary to hurt my children by keeping Jason's things. That's disgusting!!! I'll tell you want, I'm a firm believer that what goes around comes around. Everyone involved {including myself} will have to answer to their actions. That includes the woman who was having a one month affair w/ my husband. By the way, didn't she make our so called love triangle a love square? You need to get your facts straight. As far as the Ellerson name...Seventeen years of life w/ Jason earned me that name. We had so many wonderful times. The last 2 years were our downfall, and if only you truly knew Jason you'd know that. Get your own life and leave my husband, children and I out of it. We're trying to move on, and believe me the lies are old news now!!!
Mrs.Jason Ellerson...Melanie...
macey

Plano, TX

#4 Aug 26, 2006
such a horrible story.
Scott

United States

#5 Aug 30, 2006
Donna... your just as stupid as I remembered! And Melanie, YOUR actions set the chain of events in motion. You may not have conspired with Mr. Murphy to kill Jason, you may not have envisioned the consequences that came later after your affair but to think your not responsible in any way is insane. I feel sorry for the children who now have no father because of all of this.
I miss my buddy and I don't need a judge or jury to point a finger for me. I know that Murphy pulled the trigger but you ARE responsible as well... Just not criminally. Your sentence is that you'll have to live with that the rest of your life. That's prison enough for me.
Melanie ELLERSON

Syracuse, NY

#6 Aug 31, 2006
Scott wrote:
Donna... your just as stupid as I remembered! And Melanie, YOUR actions set the chain of events in motion. You may not have conspired with Mr. Murphy to kill Jason, you may not have envisioned the consequences that came later after your affair but to think your not responsible in any way is insane. I feel sorry for the children who now have no father because of all of this.
I miss my buddy and I don't need a judge or jury to point a finger for me. I know that Murphy pulled the trigger but you ARE responsible as well... Just not criminally. Your sentence is that you'll have to live with that the rest of your life. That's prison enough for me.
Does the BS ever end? Again, I avoid the online BS about my husbands murder, because that's exactly what it is, is BS! I got a call from a close/concerned friend telling me that "Scott" had posted a comment. Well Scott Johnston, here's my comment. You couldn't be more right. I do hold myself responsible for Jason's death in my own way. I'm not stupid. I know what my actions were. I know what Jason's actions were. And, I know what David's actions were. Do you? You hadn't saw Jason in approximately 20 years. You corresponded by email and phone a couple of times a year. You don't know what went on here. If you did, you wouldn't have posted your comment. As far as Donna, what kind off an ASS would kick a grieving mother while she's down? Donna loves her son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren very much. As far as her being stupid...No, she's not. She knows the facts, because she had a close relationship w/ her son, and she knew what was going on. UNLIKE YOU! You don't know the consequences that led to this tragedy. Only three adults that acted like children did. We all have to answer to our actions in some sort of way to someone.{whether it's a higher power or not} I've got proof in letters, cards, pictures and videos as to what went on in my home. You should be ashamed of your comment. I know for a fact that Jason would be! You're right in your comment, but cowardly in the way you went about it. Get the facts straight and have a heart. You feel sorry for the kids.{like alot of other people} Have you ever checked in on them? NO YOU HAVEN'T! Why is this? I can and will answer that. Because you don't know us {Jason, me or our children} So, blame me, blame David...and don't blame Jason. No one wants to blame the dead. For that I'm glad. No one loves Jason more than his mother, wife and children. He's missed and loved more and more every day. I'm dealing w/ my responsibility and guilt on a daily basis, but I know the facts, and I know that Jason does too.
Melanie Ellerson
you know who

United States

#7 Aug 31, 2006
Ummm... let's see, you dropped your panties and now Jason is dead. I think that leaves out the BS.
My comments were not cowardly I just don't sugar coat things to avoid pissing people off... The stupid comment was for the fact that I can't understand how any mother could defend someone who's actions ended up with their son getting murdered. If your wanting sympathy you won't be getting any from me...
ScottFJ40

San Diego, CA

#8 Sep 1, 2006
Can i see your bewbs?
Tool

Fort Worth, TX

#10 Sep 1, 2006
Are you hot?
Thatwasntme

Baltimore, MD

#11 Sep 2, 2006
Who the fawk thinks they can use my name here?
ScottFJ40
Melanie ELLERSON

Syracuse, NY

#12 Sep 3, 2006
you know who wrote:
Ummm... let's see, you dropped your panties and now Jason is dead. I think that leaves out the BS.
My comments were not cowardly I just don't sugar coat things to avoid pissing people off... The stupid comment was for the fact that I can't understand how any mother could defend someone who's actions ended up with their son getting murdered. If your wanting sympathy you won't be getting any from me...
Well, it's like this...You don't have the guts to say who you are and where you're from, so, YES...YOU ARE A COWARD!!! Again, you don't know any of us, so PISS OFF YOU DICK!!! As far as dropping my panties. Get and life and grow up. Jason was a *Big Boy*. It took more than my actions for Jason to be dead. Facts Asshole! Try getting your facts straight you PUKE!!! I'm done w/ this shit you coward. I hope Jason haunts you for talking about ME {his wife} like this! Again, Jason's mother and wife aren't stupid. He knew that and loved us, and that's all that matters to us. Too bad you didn't know Jason well enough to know the facts and truth. You missed out on knowing a very special person. Buh-Bye!!!
Melanie ELLERSON

Syracuse, NY

#13 Sep 3, 2006
you know who wrote:
Ummm... let's see, you dropped your panties and now Jason is dead. I think that leaves out the BS.
My comments were not cowardly I just don't sugar coat things to avoid pissing people off... The stupid comment was for the fact that I can't understand how any mother could defend someone who's actions ended up with their son getting murdered. If your wanting sympathy you won't be getting any from me...
Oh yeah...No, I don't want sympathy from someone like you. Jason told me what a druggie you were when he was a kid. I never have and never will deal w/ a person like that. Clean up your own life before you condem others!!! Pay more attention to your family and not so much attention to your pathetic *jeep quest*!
Kelli Johnston

United States

#14 Sep 4, 2006
Just for the record, Melanie, I thought that you should know some of the things that I know.
Like the fact that it was your mother in law that was the total druggie(crackhead) when Jason was a kid, and that Scott, while not innocent, certainly didn't spend the grocery, electric, telephone ...money for his habits as she did. The money that Scott earned to take care of her children by the way.
And the fact that Jason told me himself that he became the man that he was in part because of Scott and his family showing him what life was supposed to be like---not the instability that he was used to with his mother.
I believe that Scott and I did know a very special person, and that your are wrong when you say that we need to get our facts straight. We know that this loser wasn't the first one, was he Melanie? If you were that unhappy then why didn't you just pack up and go?

The rest of what I know is that a friend is gone, and I am still heart broken.

By the way, thank you for the concern, but my family is just fine. My boys have a wonderful father and I have a husband that I adore, so we are happy to let him continue on his Jeep quest.
Melanie ELLERSON

Syracuse, NY

#15 Sep 5, 2006
You're more than welcome for your concern about your family. That's where Scott's concerns should be...not on "MY" life and family. I know Donna wasn't perfect and so does she, but I also know Scott has skeletons in his closet just like everyone else. It's easy to condem others before looking at your own life. As far as Scott knowing a very special person...he knew a very special kid. Jason wasn't a little boy anymore, he was a grown man. You-Kelli, never met my husband, so "YOU" didn't know him at all. You talked to him once or twice over the 17 years I was w/ him on the phone. Yes, Jason did like Scotts family. As far as this loser being the first one, well let me tell you...you definately need to get your facts straight. And "DON'T even try to tell me that Jason told you that, because he wasn't a liar, and he wouldn't have ever said anything like that. He wasn't that kind of a man. Again, if you had your facts straight you would know that I did leave, but for reasons that I won't discuss on here Jason *begged* me to stay. We "NEVER" stopped loving each other. It just takes knowing Jason and I and our situation to know these things. As far as the jeep quest, that was Jason's take on the jeep dreams. I'm only going by what my husband told me about Scott in the past and at that time, the present. How would I know these things? Donna has never even mentioned Scott's name to me. Only Jason did.{very rarely} Maybe in some way Scott was a buddy when Jason was a boy, but as a man he was my buddy and husband. No one is perfect. I know I'm not, and either was Jason. But no one deserves the fate Jason got, and I don't want or need anyone to tell me that. When I met Jason at 16 years old he was heading nowhere. I know in my heart of hearts and from what Jason told me that Iam what made him the person he was. I even know that Jason told Scott these things. So-Kelli, it's easy for someone to point the finger when they don't know the facts. I'm not the first person to have an affair, and I won't be the last. I can honestly say that I'm not a criminal, I don't drink or do drugs, and I'm a wonderful mom.{I made a mistake w/ "HUGE" consequences} Everyone does things that they wish they could change. And just for the record, I didn't move David in to mine and Jason's home. Jason did. And, yet again...YOU just don't know the FACTS! If you did, you would shut the hell up! Call me if you want the facts. Don't hide behind your computer. I'm woman enough to listen to what you think you know if you're willing to listen to the facts.{my facts are the truth} I won't hide behind lies. I can deal w/ my consequences. I can only add that everyone points blame, it's their way of dealing w/ the pain. I know I've done it and continue to do it. So, I'm done defending myself to total strangers. I know how much Jason and I loved each other. Say what you will, but remember this...I know what my responsibility was and is. I've learned so much in the past year since Jason's death. There's not an hour of the day that Jason doesn't enter my mind. I can and will raise our children knowing what a wonderful person their Dad was, because we were the only family Jason ever felt he had.{until a few years ago when he became close to his family} I could go on and on but you'll never know "OUR" lives. It sounds to me like you're bitter against Donna. It's that ex wife thing. Alot of women feel that toward their husbands ex's. It's okay. I understand. No more arguing online like a child. I've got 2 beautiful children to raise.
John William

Westbank, Canada

#16 Nov 30, 2006
Leslie wrote:
Jason was not a dangerous man by any means. Murphy is only making excuses. He wanted to cut out the competition. In the process he took away a beloved family member and friend. If anyone drove him to murder it was Melanie Ellerson. She doesn't deserve to carry the name Ellerson. So we'll call her only Melanie. He wanted no more to do with Melanie, only his children. They were his life. But she obviously would'nt allow that. She is every bit as guilty as David Murphy.
David is orriginaly from Canada, he went to school with one of my younger brothers, who said he wasn't right then.. that he seemed really posseive of women.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antwerp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
woman avoids abduction 1 hr sam 1
Kim Hart 3 hr devilish angel 12
tyler douglas out again 10 hr right 5
St. Lawrence County woman sentenced for raping ... 10 hr Smell it 6
Poor dog Sat Wow 3
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Lol 16,781
Jordan Lay (Jan '13) Fri Notrious BIG 25
•••
•••
•••

Antwerp Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Antwerp People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Antwerp News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Antwerp
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••