five year pistol permit renewal
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
spence

Ardsley, NY

#42 Jul 31, 2013
They are controlled by the governor. But they don't have to enforce a law that they don't agree with. Unless you commit a crime with the handgun they don't have to arrest you. Like if they stop you for speeding they may let you go. But if you are speeding and cause an accident they have no choice. Como may not be the Governor after 2016. All we can o is vote.
pste

Paterson, NJ

#44 Oct 29, 2013
Why is Suffolk County allowed to break HIPPA laws by REQUIRING me to disclose certain medications I take. Someone needs to challenge this and get a lawsuit going.
Hulk H

East Syracuse, NY

#46 Oct 29, 2013
Randy S wrote:
<quoted text>
You can get a full CCW if you have a justifiable reason to need one, like your an LEO.
Randy Savage?
wow

Windsor, CT

#47 Oct 30, 2013
remain cal
Front Toward Enemy

Watertown, NY

#48 Oct 31, 2013
If anyone is under the dellusion that the NYSP or any other LEO agnecy will not enforce the NYSafe Act, you need to wake up. They will choose their job over a law they personally feel is unconstitutional or ineffective (if they do) any day of the week. The Governor knows he can't stop the next mass shooting so he's targeting law abiding citizens. It's senseless and so is he. All we can do is vote. Regionally and locally. Vote Jerome Richards, Addie Russell, Andrew Cuomo and your local legislators out who supported the NYSA.
Croghan man

Utica, NY

#49 Dec 9, 2013
In NYC I think they registered pistols then made permits cost hundreds of dollars a year to renew and just outright ordered people to surrender them . Ignore unconstitutional laws and fight if needed courts at ballots or what ever level we need . If you would comply with any of it now just turn in your guns now . An American will fight back
Patriot

Saratoga Springs, NY

#51 Mar 6, 2014
The pistol renewal is all about money and control. You can bet your life savings that there will be a fee, maybe not the first year but there WILL be. The fee will go up year after year. This will force people financially out of there pistols until the group is small enough and they say no more pistols permits.

The SAFE act does nothing for safety. even if the safe act took a weapon from a convicted felon how long do you think it would be before he had another?

spence

Ardsley, NY

#52 Mar 6, 2014
Patriot wrote:
The pistol renewal is all about money and control. You can bet your life savings that there will be a fee, maybe not the first year but there WILL be. The fee will go up year after year. This will force people financially out of there pistols until the group is small enough and they say no more pistols permits.
The SAFE act does nothing for safety. even if the safe act took a weapon from a convicted felon how long do you think it would be before he had another?
I have heard rumors that the renewal has been stalled. St. Lawrence county will not let the state use their county seal to process the renewals. The background check for ammo purchases has been stalled. The state has nothing in place to do them. They don't know how they will do them.
DRT

Watertown, NY

#53 Mar 7, 2014
spence wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard rumors that the renewal has been stalled. St. Lawrence county will not let the state use their county seal to process the renewals. The background check for ammo purchases has been stalled. The state has nothing in place to do them. They don't know how they will do them.
Renewals haven't been stalled, they will start after 15 April.!/5th of the current pistol permit holders will get a letter notifiying them of how to do it. You will have 1 year to complete it. If you don't complete it and get it validated your permit will be revoked and your pistols confiscated.

The kicker for all your St Lawrence people is without the seal, no new permits, no renewal, that means no permit and confiscation.

As for the Ammo checks, we know how to do it, its just the getting that massive a database set up.
spence

Ardsley, NY

#54 Mar 7, 2014
DRT wrote:
<quoted text>
Renewals haven't been stalled, they will start after 15 April.!/5th of the current pistol permit holders will get a letter notifiying them of how to do it. You will have 1 year to complete it. If you don't complete it and get it validated your permit will be revoked and your pistols confiscated.
The kicker for all your St Lawrence people is without the seal, no new permits, no renewal, that means no permit and confiscation.
As for the Ammo checks, we know how to do it, its just the getting that massive a database set up.
We know how to do it. Who is we? What is your involvement? Anything I have read says it has been stalled. What is one of the problems with the ammo background check? I have read about it. The papers could have put out false information. Since you know all about it tell us.
DRT

Ithaca, NY

#55 Mar 7, 2014
spence wrote:
<quoted text>We know how to do it. Who is we? What is your involvement? Anything I have read says it has been stalled. What is one of the problems with the ammo background check? I have read about it. The papers could have put out false information. Since you know all about it tell us.
Not stalled, it will be out shortly. The problem with ammo checks is the volume and being able to do them quickly and cheaply.

Other than that I haven't seen anything saying its stalled.
Dirk Digler

Utica, NY

#57 Feb 8, 2017
DIRT wrote:
<quoted text>

Ok thanks for the info dickwad.
Bubba Booey
Dirk Digler

Utica, NY

#58 Feb 8, 2017
Derp wrote:
Still doesn't make sense.

I don't think you have a permit. So do you go to the Canton clerks office for a new fu**ing card? If so, where do the fu**ing State Police come into the equation? What in the sweet fu** do they do, jackass? Do you even have a permit? I don't think you do because I do and I just called the clerks office in Canton and they told me they have absolutely no idea what the process is going to be and as far as they're concerned the renewal is just an idea right now.
So apparently you're more in the know then they and all county clerk website in NYS right now, dildo.
Ya poo poo
Dirk Digler

Utica, NY

#59 Feb 8, 2017
Randy S wrote:
<quoted text>

Read the law? I have read it more times than years you have lived. Where did I say the that the SP were going to issue them. I said the County Clerk was were you made the application initially, which it is.

And we do know what renewal means, the rules are already in draft form. What you don't realize is there is the written law, then there is going to be the implementation rules, commonly known as NYCRR. Its in the rules that will explain the procedure of renewal. It even tells you in the law the NYSP has to make rules for renewal.

So dude, crawl back down your rat hole and wait a little bit til the rules get published that will strip you of your unresticted CCW.
Ya, your hole. Bubba booey
Spence

Giltner, NE

#60 Feb 9, 2017
Patriot wrote:

I picked up my renewal form from the Trooper Barracks. It is very simple and there is no fee. It has to be completed by 31 Jan 18. I will wait until 7 Jan 18 to fill it out.
brown

Redwood, NY

#61 Feb 9, 2017
Spence wrote:
<quoted text>I picked up my renewal form from the Trooper Barracks. It is very simple and there is no fee. It has to be completed by 31 Jan 18. I will wait until 7 Jan 18 to fill it out.
Thanks but no one cares.
Spence

Giltner, NE

#62 Feb 9, 2017
brown wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks but no one cares.
Most people don't read things that they don't care about. You just couldn't help wanting to say something stupid. Well. You accomplished your goal. Now you will come back with something else that is stupid or you will call me names. Which is also stupid.
brown

Camden, NY

#63 Feb 9, 2017
Spence wrote:
<quoted text>Most people don't read things that they don't care about. You just couldn't help wanting to say something stupid. Well. You accomplished your goal. Now you will come back with something else that is stupid or you will call me names. Which is also stupid.
Your post is stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antwerp Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP and his Grandma 8 hr done it 6
Corey Brown 13 hr Ding dong 6
News Gouverneur woman charged with assault Wed Mama 83
Ken smith Tue sarah Remer me 1
chambers (Aug '13) May 20 Yup know him 15
"Observer's" Repetitious Comments May 19 wow 6
Class of 2017 money May 18 gouveygal 17

Antwerp Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance