Immigration 'dreamers' head to D.C.

Immigration 'dreamers' head to D.C.

There are 58 comments on the MySA.com story from Jun 14, 2007, titled Immigration 'dreamers' head to D.C.. In it, MySA.com reports that:

While politicians pontificate on the fate of millions of illegal immigrants from the halls of Congress, from her store 1,750 miles away, Amparo Escalante doesn't want to hear about numbers anymore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MySA.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#52 Jun 17, 2007
Wild Irish Rose wrote:
The New Colossus
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame.
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips.“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”--Emma Lazarus
Name, address & phone. We'll send them all to your house. You can support them.

kickback

“I want a piece of that steak”

Since: Apr 07

Tazmania

#53 Jun 17, 2007
Wild Irish Rose wrote:
The New Colossus
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame.
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips.“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”--Emma Lazarus
She did not know it would be 12 or 20 million illegals that many don't want to speak english though did she.

kickback

“I want a piece of that steak”

Since: Apr 07

Tazmania

#54 Jun 17, 2007
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
Name, address & phone. We'll send them all to your house. You can support them.
Good one!!!!!! Yea, I'm not going to pay for illegals, if someone else wants to do fine they can do it.
rar

Bouse, AZ

#57 Jun 17, 2007
Go to the top of this page on the right hand side you will see, in blue, Back Immigration Deal. It is a poll, important, has such questions as would you vote for Kennedy if he backs this bill, and another is vote for McCain, etc. Maybe those running for election will take notice and realize if they want our votes they'll do what the voters want and not what Bush wants!

“"Blame It On the Bosa Nova!"”

Since: May 07

Martinez

#58 Jun 17, 2007
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
Name, address & phone. We'll send them all to your house. You can support them.
That was a hateful thing to say.

“"Blame It On the Bosa Nova!"”

Since: May 07

Martinez

#59 Jun 17, 2007
kickback wrote:
<quoted text>
She did not know it would be 12 or 20 million illegals that many don't want to speak english though did she.
Whatever you say. How could you possibly be wrong? Many immigrants did not speak English when they first came here. Many also resisted learning it until they had to in order to survive.
rar

Bouse, AZ

#60 Jun 17, 2007
Go to www.newsmax.com if you are against the amnesty bill. It is a poll, important, has such questions as would you vote for Kennedy if he backs this bill, and another is vote for McCain, etc. Maybe those running for election will take notice and realize if they want our votes they'll do what the voters want and not what Bush wants!

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#61 Jun 17, 2007
Wild Irish Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you say. How could you possibly be wrong? Many immigrants did not speak English when they first came here. Many also resisted learning it until they had to in order to survive.
Oh, gee, you mean they weren't catered to with government pamphlets and signs and whatever else all in their native language? Well, why are we catering now? Because these current illegals are a bunch of self-serving morons who are too stupid to learn our language, and who have a sense of entitlement that defies all logic.
Betsy Ross

United States

#62 Jun 17, 2007
Sandy5274 wrote:
Rebel please add my Phoenix area over 90,000
to 500,000 Illegal Aliens To Your Shipment
of Them to Wild Irish Rose so he gets plenty
of them for company!
you sure have a funny streak, thanks

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#63 Jun 17, 2007
Wild Irish Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a hateful thing to say.
How was that hateful? If your neighbors want a pool, should you have to pay for part of it? Nope. You want illegals here. I do not. Therefore, YOU can help pay for them. I do not care to and thus should not have to.

“"Blame It On the Bosa Nova!"”

Since: May 07

Martinez

#64 Jun 17, 2007
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
How was that hateful? If your neighbors want a pool, should you have to pay for part of it? Nope. You want illegals here. I do not. Therefore, YOU can help pay for them. I do not care to and thus should not have to.
There is no place on any of these forums where I said I "want illegals here." That is the outrageous conclusion you jumped to simply because I don't agree with you and your ranting and raving. I have said all along, and I will repeat it, I would like to see a sensible, enforceable immigration reform bill that would secure our borders; penalize employers who hire illegals; clean up all the documentation issues; and do just about all the things the proposed legislation had offered. It wasn't a perfect bill, no; that was obvious, but the situation is not improved by having no law. I don't have all the answers. I simply object to people like you and your friends twisting my words, assigning things to me that I never said, and your obvious attitude of hatred. I don't believe it is always strictly about "illegal immigration," although that is what people say they are upset about. The posts on here clearly prove otherwise. This group of people here turned my whole thinking around, because I didn't want to be aligned with people who are haters and call Mexicans "beaners," "cockroaches," "dirty little animals," and so forth. I've been posting here for about a month and reading and learning about the issue. I'm writing a letter to Dianne Feinstein in support of the immigration reform bill because I believe we need it and it's the right thing to do. Now you can take that and do whatever your foolish little mind chooses to. Peace

“"Blame It On the Bosa Nova!"”

Since: May 07

Martinez

#65 Jun 17, 2007
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
How was that hateful? If your neighbors want a pool, should you have to pay for part of it? Nope. You want illegals here. I do not. Therefore, YOU can help pay for them. I do not care to and thus should not have to.
No where on these forums did I ever say "I wanted illegals here." You twisted my words to suit yourself. I came here to learn about the immigration reform bill issue and make an informed decision, not to name call and put people down because they didn't agree with me. I've seen a lot of hatred here. People have called Mexicans "beaners," "cockroaches," "dirty little animals," and I don't want to align myself with people like that. I support an illegal immigration reform bill that would: secure our borders; penalize employers who hire illegals; clean up the documentation mess; and do all the things the proposed legislation intended. It wasn't perfect, no but we need some form of legislation and it was being worked on in the Senate. I don't have all the answers, but I am not hateful. I am writing a letter to Dianne Feinstein to let her know I support the immigration bill, and you can do whatever your foolish little mind wants to with that.

“"Blame It On the Bosa Nova!"”

Since: May 07

Martinez

#66 Jun 17, 2007
Didn't meant to post twice; sorry about that.
Angry people

New York, NY

#68 Jun 21, 2007
How can you just translate lives to numbers? If you are so worried about how much illegal immigrant is costing us, why not make them legal? Get them to pay taxes they are so willing to do and have them on records so you can worry less about illegals killing you while you sleep. So what's the solution if we don't make them legal? Kick them out of the country and risk having economic breakdown? Even the hardcore republicans know that immigration issue has to be adressed. If we were to group every immigration and think of them as resource sucking vampires, why don't we go one step ahead and kick all those people who are on welfare out of the country too? Maybe totalitarian isn't so bad since public is so far from those who become victim to immigration. YES victims!!! not those who come here breaking laws, but also those who are here b/c their parents came here illegally. Those who are too young to note the difference between illegal and legal. Are you so quick to group everyone into just one pile of illegals? If you pride yourself American and believe in justice and fairness, you cannot be brushing all illegal immigrants aside because they don't have proper paperworks.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#69 Jun 21, 2007
Angry people wrote:
How can you just translate lives to numbers? If you are so worried about how much illegal immigrant is costing us, why not make them legal? Get them to pay taxes they are so willing to do and have them on records so you can worry less about illegals killing you while you sleep. So what's the solution if we don't make them legal? Kick them out of the country and risk having economic breakdown? Even the hardcore republicans know that immigration issue has to be adressed. If we were to group every immigration and think of them as resource sucking vampires, why don't we go one step ahead and kick all those people who are on welfare out of the country too? Maybe totalitarian isn't so bad since public is so far from those who become victim to immigration. YES victims!!! not those who come here breaking laws, but also those who are here b/c their parents came here illegally. Those who are too young to note the difference between illegal and legal. Are you so quick to group everyone into just one pile of illegals? If you pride yourself American and believe in justice and fairness, you cannot be brushing all illegal immigrants aside because they don't have proper paperworks.
There will be no economic breakdown if we get rid of the illegals. If we make them legal, that won't solve the problem -- they are still CRIMINALS! Once a criminal, always a criminal. If we reward the for breaking the laws they've already broken, they won't understand they can't continue to break laws.

What do you mean different groups of illegal? Either you came here legally and are still here legally or you are in this country illegally -- whether by slithering over our borders like a snake or by overstaying a visa. Either way, it's illegal.

If someone breaks into your house do you believe some people are criminals for doing it and others aren't??? No one is above the law or gets to decide which laws to follow and which not to follow. That's ridiculous.

Get your head out of your ass and wake up. The illegals need to go home. If they respected this country and its people, they would do things the legal way. Period.

“"Blame It On the Bosa Nova!"”

Since: May 07

Martinez

#70 Jun 21, 2007
North American Union
From SourceWatch
"The "plan to create" a North American Union in 2010 as a regional government—comprising a collective government for the United States, Canada, and Mexico—is "directly stated only" in the May 2005 task force report Building a North American Community published by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), Jerome Corsi wrote June 26, 2006.
The "blueprint" which President George W. Bush is following to create a North American Union was "laid out" in the May 2005 report, Corsi wrote May 19, 2006. "The CFR report connects the dots between the Bush administration's actual policy on illegal immigration and the drive to create the North American Union."
Bush is "pursuing a globalist agenda to create a North American Union, effectively erasing our borders with both Mexico and Canada," which, Corsi wrote, is "the hidden agenda behind the Bush administration's true open borders policy."
The plan, Corsi wrote, is "contained" in the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America, "little noticed" by the mainstream media when President Bush, Mexico's President Vicente Fox, and Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin "created it" March 23, 2005, in a summit held at Waco, Texas.
A North American Union is being created "through a process of governmental regulations" and without ever "having to bring the issue before the American people for a clear referendum or vote," Corsi wrote May 24, 2006..."
Read 'em and weep:
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php... ...

Since: Oct 07

Irving, TX

#71 Mar 23, 2008
Wild Irish Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no place on any of these forums where I said I "want illegals here." That is the outrageous conclusion you jumped to simply because I don't agree with you and your ranting and raving. I have said all along, and I will repeat it, I would like to see a sensible, enforceable immigration reform bill that would secure our borders; penalize employers who hire illegals; clean up all the documentation issues; and do just about all the things the proposed legislation had offered. It wasn't a perfect bill, no; that was obvious, but the situation is not improved by having no law. I don't have all the answers. I simply object to people like you and your friends twisting my words, assigning things to me that I never said, and your obvious attitude of hatred. I don't believe it is always strictly about "illegal immigration," although that is what people say they are upset about. The posts on here clearly prove otherwise. This group of people here turned my whole thinking around, because I didn't want to be aligned with people who are haters and call Mexicans "beaners," "cockroaches," "dirty little animals," and so forth. I've been posting here for about a month and reading and learning about the issue. I'm writing a letter to Dianne Feinstein in support of the immigration reform bill because I believe we need it and it's the right thing to do. Now you can take that and do whatever your foolish little mind chooses to. Peace
Kindly note that Wild Irish Rose Admits to she was a poster named Roseanne from Oakland, CA. In this post she is saying she did not want to be aligned with people who are haters and call Mexicans names. This is a summary of old post of hers where she states the following :

. I grew up in L.A. near Sunset Blvd. It grew worse and worse, trashier and trashier as ***your people moved in and took over.****
. You did nothing to improve the area but only made it look like another Tijuana.
.This is the United States of America,
* not the United Barrios of Mexico
I hope it's not too late to get rid of people like you
** because there might be a civil war here and I can't wait
----
Wild Irish Rose/Roseanne IS SO FULL OF HATE IN THE POST that
SHE CAN NOT WAIT FOR CIVIL WAR TO BREAK OUT
Yet here, in this thread, she actually bludgeons pro legal immigration advocates just a short time later saying “This group turned her thinking around… with their hatred…
Her old post:
78% in poll call for giving illegal immigrants path to citizenship
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...
2173
May 16 2007
free ride all the way wrote:
<quoted text>
yea right.blah blah blah.14 amendment protects us!!!!!your govt wants us here.understand????comprehend? duh?
Roseanne
Oakland, CA

The 14th Amendment applies to Citizenship Rights. It protects those CITIZENS who were either born or naturalized here in the United States. It says nothing about illegal immigrants. I grew up in L.A. near Sunset Blvd. It grew worse and worse, trashier and trashier as ***your people moved in and took over.****You did nothing to improve the area but only made it look like another Tijuana. This is the United States of America, not the United Barrios of Mexico. I hope it's not too late to get rid of people like you because there might be a civil war here and I can't wait. Our government isn't listening to its real citizens, but maybe they will listen when a war breaks out, since that seems to be all that ignorant people understand.

Since: Oct 07

Irving, TX

#72 Mar 23, 2008
"This group of people here turned my whole thinking around, because I didn't want to be aligned with people who are haters and call Mexicans "beaners," "cockroaches," "dirty little animals," and so forth"
end excerpt of Wild Irish Rose on June 17 2007.

Really Roseanne and to be current, I should say, Wild Irish Rose I & II? Who could not wait for civil war because of "them"? Just one month earlier [ May 16 2007]. You were the extreamist, not "This group of people," who advocate the enforcement of LAW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Bernie Promise FREE Grass Cutting Fri factoid 1
Adriana Villarreal Jun 22 Curious 1
1971 Lubbock Riots (Feb '06) Jun 15 Bigg 32
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
Drake Routier - Darlie Routier's son (Sep '09) Jun 12 WhatImThinkingIs 512
Nikki dee ray (Apr '15) Jun 11 Donna 37
News Fast food workers demand $15 an hour (May '14) May '14 Joachim 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Anton Mortgages