Pushmataha Sheriff Election
KneeGrow

Kuwait, Kuwait

#121 Jun 10, 2012
Stop corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
The new neighbor's cattle had been getting in for some time. We would find where they were getting in, chase them out and patch the fence ourselves.
just catch the cows, kill them and then slap them on the grill. that will fix him.
okchicksrock

Norman, OK

#122 Jun 10, 2012
I also heard that John Aurthur is running.
I C U

Clayton, OK

#123 Jun 10, 2012
Here is who's running Terry Duncan, Ryan Mitchell, Calvin Smith, Dan Breshears, Keith Mack, and John Arthur. John is the best candidate by far!!!!!!
Leann Rees

Hugo, OK

#124 Jun 11, 2012
well its about time someone checked the judicial system ? is did you get an investigation going at a higher level as to the corruption going on within the courthouse
curious

United States

#125 Jun 11, 2012
I C U wrote:
Here is who's running Terry Duncan, Ryan Mitchell, Calvin Smith, Dan Breshears, Keith Mack, and John Arthur. John is the best candidate by far!!!!!!
Why do you feel Mr. Authur is the best candidate?

In my opinion, the sheriff we have now does not know how to investigate crimes that are not related to traffic offenses. Our current sheriff is a retired Highway Patrol and that may be the reason he concentrates on traffic offenses but its my understanding that Mr. Authur applied to join the Highway Patrol but was declined. So, how can a person, who is not qualified to do the same job as our current sheriff, be a good candidate to become our new sheriff?
Clueless

Perkins, OK

#126 Jun 11, 2012
With election coming up fast, I am still unsure who to vote for. I do know if any of the candidates, do anything they will be better than what we've got. I wish someone would convince me who to vote for but at this moment I'm still up in the air.
Concerned

Red Oak, TX

#127 Jun 12, 2012
Cathyin Texas wrote:
What about Terry Duncan?
Terry Duncan's brother Jerry is county commissioner in distric 2 & wouldn't that be a conflict of interest for them both to serve at the same time with what they would have to deal with such as budgets & other matters.Terry's brother-n-law Kirk Ingram is serving as undersheriff at present & so there would not be a change in the sheriff's office so someone with no experience would have to be told what to do or someone would have to do it for them this is the way I see it & therefore I could not vote for Terry Duncan and I understand his pawn shop burned not once but twice whats that about
Concerned

Red Oak, TX

#128 Jun 12, 2012
no related wrote:
<quoted text> No relation AT ALL. His brother is a commissioner.
Yes Jerry Duncan county commissioner dist 2 & Terry Duncan are brothers & Kirk Ingram current undersheriff is Terry & Jerry's brother-n-law so would not be a change in the sheriffs office & wouldn't it be a conflict of interest with Jerry & Terry serving on budget issues & other matters that would have be addressed in meetings
local citizen

United States

#129 Jun 13, 2012
Info wrote:
Did anyone read the Antlers American today. I believe the best candidate has now entered the race for sheriff, that is John Arthur.He has been in law enforcement as long as I can remember. Just read his article in the paper and you will be convinced.
i don't agree with your comment,he has some issues he needs to work on.
local citizen

United States

#130 Jun 13, 2012
I C U wrote:
wrong
local citizen

United States

#131 Jun 13, 2012
Clueless wrote:
With election coming up fast, I am still unsure who to vote for. I do know if any of the candidates, do anything they will be better than what we've got. I wish someone would convince me who to vote for but at this moment I'm still up in the air.
Ever see that movie Bresters million,where eddie murphy inhearted all the money,and he decided to run for
political office as a joke,and his moto was vote for none of the above.there is your answer.
almost true
but on the flip side i would say mack
he has worked for the sheriffs office and drug task force.
Clueless

Perkins, OK

#132 Jun 13, 2012
Local citizen, I have to say I have never seen the movie, but I think I may have to go rent it.
I can say for Mack he has campaigned me twice now.. him and Breshears are the only two that have campaigned me, which isn't right considering I live right on the highway you would think every one of them would have stopped by and atleast left a card on my door. So at this point my vote is going to be between one of them two... atleast they have took the time to speak with me.
KneeGrow

Kuwait, Kuwait

#133 Jun 13, 2012
local citizen wrote:
<quoted text> Ever see that movie Bresters million,where eddie murphy inhearted all the money
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm NO, that was Richard Pryor not Eddie Murphy. Please get your KneeGrow names straight
buddy

Lexington, OK

#134 Jun 13, 2012
Ryan Mitchell is the best man for job by far.
Local Voter

United States

#135 Jun 13, 2012
Clueless wrote:
Local citizen, I have to say I have never seen the movie, but I think I may have to go rent it.
I can say for Mack he has campaigned me twice now.. him and Breshears are the only two that have campaigned me, which isn't right considering I live right on the highway you would think every one of them would have stopped by and atleast left a card on my door. So at this point my vote is going to be between one of them two... atleast they have took the time to speak with me.
Of all the candidates running, considering each one's experience in law enforcement, required and non-required training, being up to date with CLEET training, being a well respected citizen inside and outside of his law enforcement jobs, being concerned about our drug problem and being a family man, I could not feel right voting for any other than JOHN!! Besides all this, there would not be any time lost in order for him to catch up on training before he takes over because HE IS READY!
Local Voter

United States

#136 Jun 13, 2012
JOHN ARTHUR!!
status quo

United States

#137 Jun 14, 2012
If we want the sheriff's department to be run in the same way that its been ran the past 4 years, JA is the person to vote for.

Personally, I think the sheriff's department has been ran very very poorly under our current administration. Our current sheriff won't investigate crimes and our local problems with drug abuse has constantly increased over the past 4 years.

We need a sheriff who wants to clean up things in our county, not a sheriff who is going to keep the current status quo.

Is Terry Duncan related to the current sheriff?
Interestinfuture

Cordell, OK

#138 Jun 14, 2012
My vote is John Arthur. I believe he will make the changes needed. He is execllant at his job and knows what needs to be done. One major strength of his is he does not believe he or anyone is better than anyone else. Everyone is equal and no matter we all are still human no matter what our mistakes have been. I hope that everyone makes the right choice and votes for John. He will not disappoint you.
Just Saying

Perkins, OK

#139 Jun 14, 2012
Where is John Arthur? I sure haven't seen him around handing out cards or telling us what he will be doing differently. I'm not saying he isn't the man for the job, but I would like to see the Sheriff's face around and if he isn't going to come out and show it now why would he IF he becomes Sheriff? Just saying
JOKE

United States

#140 Jun 14, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
Where is John Arthur? I sure haven't seen him around handing out cards or telling us what he will be doing differently. I'm not saying he isn't the man for the job, but I would like to see the Sheriff's face around and if he isn't going to come out and show it now why would he IF he becomes Sheriff? Just saying
Obviously, John Arthur is as devoted to his campaign as he is to his deputy job. Your home can be robbed and your property stolen and the only way you will get to talk to him is if you go to the sheriffs office and throw a fit about them not coming out to check out the crime scene. If you vote for him or any of the other candidates that have been involved in law enforcement locally, the joke will be on you cause the next four years will be a replay of the past four years. We need a change!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antlers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hugo Pizza Hut 4 hr Jsn 2
News Rhonda Ford: Oklahoma teacher who had sex with ... (Dec '12) 14 hr Matches 27
Missing red feed bin 22 hr Helping 1
clayton town council election Mon Truth 5
Choctaw Memorial Hospital (Jun '09) Mon Beat-Down 168
Republican Stan Stamper Jun 25 Beat-Down 2
Any one know larry smith, roper (Oct '13) Jun 25 PaStHaSaTeLl 5

Antlers Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Antlers Mortgages