Former Pushmataha Co Judge Scheduled ...

Former Pushmataha Co Judge Scheduled to Face Jury for Manslaughter

There are 38 comments on the KTEN-TV Denison story from Mar 7, 2012, titled Former Pushmataha Co Judge Scheduled to Face Jury for Manslaughter. In it, KTEN-TV Denison reports that:

A trial date has been set for a former judge facing charges in the death of an Antlers boy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTEN-TV Denison.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Debbie Pritchett

United States

#21 May 17, 2012
I went to court - I am a strong independent woman. There are many faults here, not just the judge.
Tanya Blythe

Fort Worth, TX

#22 Jul 9, 2012
J Blythe wrote:
I just want to add something here. I have read over the posts and quite frankly some people have been rather malicious in their ranting. I am the son of Doyle Blythe and I know him to be very different man. For one, he is loved deeply by his children and his grandchildren. Another, he is a very compassionate man that readily donates his time and money helping people. Three, he earnestly believes in doing the right thing. He has taught me since I was a child that no matter what, you tell the truth and try to be an upright, respectable member of society. He moved to Pushmataha County leaving behind a successful law practice behind because he believed he could help the community. It was his childhood home and he wanted to do some good. Since he has been there, he was been treated as an outsider. I, myself, admit that I don't have all of the facts of what happened and I am his son. So, what makes any of you think you know everything?
What I will say is this; a terrible accident happened that has forever changed the life of my father. He and the boy's family have been affected. It is unfortunate that this accident happened. And my deepest heartfelt condolences go out to the boy’s family. My father is not above the law in any regard. I don't have a good reason why he was driving with a suspended license, but to be charged with felony manslaughter is simply egregious. He will be steadfast and calculated in his defense, just as any of you would expect if you were in a similar situation. Tomorrow he goes to trial and either the jury will return with a guilty or a non-guilty verdict. Either way it still will not bring back that child or change the events of that day.
Joseph, I am responding to the misleading comments you make here. First Doyle is estranged from most of his siblings,extended family,children and grandchildren. Even your children do not want to be around Doyle due to his inappropriateness in behavior. You often have defended him without knowing the complete situation and attacked others ,yet knowing that he was wrong and never takes responsibility. I pray you will take your blinders off someday.
As for a leaving successful law practice, the Lexington community did not see it that way, he had lost creditability due to his temper and self serving intentions Sadly Doyle has no remorse for the cruelty he inflicts on others and even more disturbing is your unwillingness to see Doyle intense narcism when it comes to his destructive actions.
I pray for the young boy's family, any of us who are parents know that we cannot protect our children in every circumstance,we just hope and pray....I know his mother will take a long time to heal her second guessing yet this cannot change the fact Doyle was driving without a license, taking no responsibility and then blaming others...and he knows and "practices" the law? He chose the risk of driving with no license and that he is a lawyer holds him at a higher level of accountability , just as a physician would be for his knowledge of medicine than a lay person ....My desire is that the good people will look at this and see the truth. Doyle has no remorse, as he has always done...attempts to discredit others for his own agenda.You know he has extended this case to hide his financial resources and make himself look like a victim... I pray for God's will to prevail, and healing of families. Yes, I am one of the estranged children of Doyle Blythe, he has a history of being a violent , mentally and physically cruel man. I protected my children from him and you have attacked me for doing so. Yet, I feel I did the right thing. In The Lord's Wisdom
Thank you

Durant, OK

#23 Jul 9, 2012
Tanya Blythe wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph, I am responding to the misleading comments you make here. First Doyle is estranged from most of his siblings,extended family,children and grandchildren. Even your children do not want to be around Doyle due to his inappropriateness in behavior. You often have defended him without knowing the complete situation and attacked others ,yet knowing that he was wrong and never takes responsibility. I pray you will take your blinders off someday.
As for a leaving successful law practice, the Lexington community did not see it that way, he had lost creditability due to his temper and self serving intentions Sadly Doyle has no remorse for the cruelty he inflicts on others and even more disturbing is your unwillingness to see Doyle intense narcism when it comes to his destructive actions. I pray for the young boy's family, any of us who are parents know that we cannot protect our children in every circumstance,we just hope and pray....I know his mother will take a long time to heal her second guessing yet this cannot change the fact Doyle was driving without a license, taking no responsibility and then blaming others...and he knows and "practices" the law? He chose the risk of driving with no license and that he is a lawyer holds him at a higher level of accountability , just as a physician would be for his knowledge of medicine than a lay person ....My desire is that the good people will look at this and see the truth. Doyle has no remorse, as he has always done...attempts to discredit others for his own agenda.You know he has extended this case to hide his financial resources and make himself look like a victim... I pray for God's will to prevail, and healing of families. Yes, I am one of the estranged children of Doyle Blythe, he has a history of being a violent , mentally and physically cruel man. I protected my children from him and you have attacked me for doing so. Yet, I feel I did the right thing. In The Lord's Wisdom
I fell victim to him in court. Without elaborating on my own situation, I just want to thank you for your honesty, your insightfulness and your willingness to speak when others do not.
nancy ferguson

San Antonio, TX

#24 Jul 17, 2012
thank you for not posting my first comment. you really think you are a fair place to post all comments. doyle blythe is totally unremorseful for his actions. I am the mother of his five biological children. only one of them may have contact with him.

joseph is his stepson whom he adopted. His granchildren have no contact with him. his sisters have no contact with him. his extended family is the same. He kicked my daughter, bearking her finger when she was 13. He ruptured my eardrum in 1969. There were many times he hit me and kicked me. Laws were different then. There is more to this but this is enough for now. Joseph you do not really know this man. Bill wanted to change his name to end all contact with his father.
Thank you

Durant, OK

#25 Jul 18, 2012
nancy ferguson wrote:
thank you for not posting my first comment. you really think you are a fair place to post all comments. doyle blythe is totally unremorseful for his actions. I am the mother of his five biological children. only one of them may have contact with him.
joseph is his stepson whom he adopted. His granchildren have no contact with him. his sisters have no contact with him. his extended family is the same. He kicked my daughter, bearking her finger when she was 13. He ruptured my eardrum in 1969. There were many times he hit me and kicked me. Laws were different then. There is more to this but this is enough for now. Joseph you do not really know this man. Bill wanted to change his name to end all contact with his father.
And thank you, this has shed light on the fact that he allowed a severely abusive man to get away with what he did. He is one himself.
from close to antlers

United States

#26 Aug 2, 2012
I know first hand what bad things can happen to good ppl. But the way I see things both families will forever be changed. We all do stupid stuff and we all are quick to pass judgment till it happens to us then theirs a million reasons why it is different. I pray for all involved.
fact
#27 Aug 3, 2012
why is he still driving on a suspended lic. and still practicing law i truely hope they put him in prision for life and in solitary confinment that would drive him even more insane
geterdone

United States

#28 Jan 22, 2013
Maybe they will lock his butt up or run over hIm...he has court today!!!
yeah

Broken Bow, OK

#29 Jan 22, 2013
I personally think that the kid shouldnt have been in the street by himself.. The parents or whoever was watching him should be charged with neglate of a child and get a foot where the sun dont shine.. And really and truely I why would you let ur child jus run the streets.. I hate goin to hugo or antlers because of lil kids on bikes skateboards and jus running in front of you.. Thats jus my thought!!! If you take offence to it then I am terribly sorry.. Control your kids and watch them..
darla

Lockhart, TX

#30 Jan 23, 2013
yeah wrote:
I personally think that the kid shouldnt have been in the street by himself.. The parents or whoever was watching him should be charged with neglate of a child and get a foot where the sun dont shine.. And really and truely I why would you let ur child jus run the streets.. I hate goin to hugo or antlers because of lil kids on bikes skateboards and jus running in front of you.. Thats jus my thought!!! If you take offence to it then I am terribly sorry.. Control your kids and watch them..
Amen to that! I completely agree with u!!
angel

United States

#31 Jan 23, 2013
just because hes a ex judge dont mean he needs specail treatment....if that was your child you would want his sorry ass locked up.....and as for blaming the parents.....thats just wrong....half of this sorry ass town lets their kids run the roads.....play in the streets.....so stop acting like you dont.....that sorry ass needs to get the same dam treatment as anyone else......
equality for all

Broken Bow, OK

#32 Jan 24, 2013
angel wrote:
just because hes a ex judge dont mean he needs specail treatment....if that was your child you would want his sorry ass locked up.....and as for blaming the parents.....thats just wrong....half of this sorry ass town lets their kids run the roads.....play in the streets.....so stop acting like you dont.....that sorry ass needs to get the same dam treatment as anyone else......
Just because he is an ex-judge does not justify him being charged with manslaughter. The most that he should have been charged with was driving on a suspended license!! He wasn't responsible for the boy's death any more than you were! If anyone should be charged with the death,(WHICH NO ONE SHOULD HAVE HAVE BEEN), some say his parents should be for letting the boy ride his bike in the streets. This was purely a tragic accident, which Judge Blythe could not have prevented. He did not run over the boy, the boy ran into the Judge's automobile on the right rear quarter panel. Thank God for the Jury who concluded that The Judge was NOT GUILTY AS CHARGED! The only reason the charges were filed in the first place, was because Judge Blythe was disliked by other judges and law enforcement personnel, some of which are guilty of far more serious crimes than driving on a suspended license! Again, thank God for the fair panel of Jurors!
ThirdEyeWatching

Muskogee, OK

#33 Jan 24, 2013
I have to agree the best decision from the jury would be an aquittal. Not so much that he is innocent because had he obeyed the law by not driving, this sad incident would have never happened. Almost every parent allows their children to play outside by themselves and as a parent and grandparent, you never think this will happen to you, but it can. I watched my friend run out between cars when I was 7 years old and get run over because he was chasing a ball. However, what really bothers me is Doyle got out of his vehicle, took pictures of the boy and accident scene, and as far as I can tell, never showed remorse or sadness for what happened. Maybe he keeps it inside of him or I never saw or heard of it. That part of Doyle not showing remorse or sorrow really bothers me and leads me to believe he has a really cold cold heart. I could be wrong about Doyle, so I can only pray some day he will accept the lord as his savior and show a little sympathy for those who he has hurt.
well said

Durant, OK

#34 Jan 24, 2013
equality for all wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because he is an ex-judge does not justify him being charged with manslaughter. The most that he should have been charged with was driving on a suspended license!! He wasn't responsible for the boy's death any more than you were! If anyone should be charged with the death,(WHICH NO ONE SHOULD HAVE HAVE BEEN), some say his parents should be for letting the boy ride his bike in the streets. This was purely a tragic accident, which Judge Blythe could not have prevented. He did not run over the boy, the boy ran into the Judge's automobile on the right rear quarter panel. Thank God for the Jury who concluded that The Judge was NOT GUILTY AS CHARGED! The only reason the charges were filed in the first place, was because Judge Blythe was disliked by other judges and law enforcement personnel, some of which are guilty of far more serious crimes than driving on a suspended license! Again, thank God for the fair panel of Jurors!
I have to agree. The judges sitting now are guilty of far worse.
Yeah

Duncan, OK

#35 Jan 24, 2013
I watched on the news lastnight that a woman had gotten onto the boy for riding down the hill on the bike numerous times.. So I dont think the ex judge was guilty of anything other than d.u.s. So with all of you that thinks he should have gotten convicted for manslaughter jus think it could have been you.. I am sorry that the family had to go thru it..
Cat

United States

#36 Jan 24, 2013
I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. I believe the judge broke the law and was in the act of breaking said law when the little boy rode his bike into the vehicle. Now while maybe manslaughter is a bit much, I believe that the law should have been upheld and at the very least the judge should have been charged with something. I also feel the little boy was far too young to be riding a bike and doing what he was doing with no adult supervision. Maybe his mother should have been charged with something as well. She obviously needs a few lessons in how to supervise children. However, when I saw the news clip of the judge last night, and he said having to go through this disgusted him, it made my blood run cold. What kind of monster would say such a thing? Disgusted? Really!???
ThirdEyeWatching

Stigler, OK

#37 Jan 25, 2013
Cat wrote:
when I saw the news clip of the judge last night, and he said having to go through this disgusted him, it made my blood run cold. What kind of monster would say such a thing? Disgusted? Really!???
Yep, that is Doyle. Thinks of only himself. True to character.
Older but wiser

Duncan, OK

#38 Jan 25, 2013
Leann Rees wrote:
still dont change the fact doyle shouldnt have been driving, and yes mom should have her ass kicked too but the fact is she has no child now and will regret what she allowed to happen for the rest of her life on the other hand doyle dont seem to be effected by what he did hes still driving and no one does a damn thing, i dont believe i could ever drive again if i hit a kid a killed him, and doyle just keeps driving like nothing ever happened piece of shit
Please review the facts. Judge Blythe did NOT hit the child. The child ran into the side of his car. The outcome would have been the same whether he had his paperwork in order or not, or whether another driver was going down the street. What if the child hit an electric pole instead? We wouldn't sue OG&E.This was an accident. The child's family have confused revenge for justice which is understandable. Let us pray for peace and consolation for the famiy instead of trying to blame someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antlers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Theodore Swenson anyone seen know or helped him? 9 min This Puppet Sees ... 9
Summer of '78 4 hr This Puppet Sees ... 2
Manipulating Lisa Jun 28 This Puppet Sees ... 4
why are there so many gays in antlers (Feb '11) Jun 27 This Puppet Sees ... 58
Don't for James Marzek for Sheriff. Jun 27 Dont like him 1
News Jeffrey Ben Laid to Rest (Apr '06) Jun 27 is it just me 55
Shannon the cop Jun 11 Wanting to know 6

Antlers Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance