Chief: Lakemoor police officer found dead in home

Nov 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Northwest Herald

A longtime Lakemoor police officer was found dead Wednesday morning in his Carol Stream home, according to the DuPage County Coroner's Office.

Comments
1 - 20 of 78 Comments Last updated Apr 4, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Lakemoor Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

too bad it wasn't spoerry
REALLY

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

What an ungrateful person you are, "LAKEMOOR RESIDENT". Gary Spoerry has done wonderful things for the town and for people... Just cause you are on his bad side does not make him a bad person. You need to stop knocking down someone I bet you barely even know. Take it from someone who knows him very well, he is a good man.
Former Hainesville Copper

Janesville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sorry to hear this, I knew him and thought he was a great guy and cop. My love and prayers to his family, friends and department. RIP brother, 10-42.
Former Hainesville Copper

Janesville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

By the way, Sergeant Spoerry is a great cop and guy too. Some people like to put cops down because they feel inferior because its something almost all boy dream of being, but few have the guts.
REALLY

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Thank you for your support, Former Hainesville Copper". This person posts awful comments about Sgt. Spoerry often and it makes me so mad cause he is such a good person. If you cant say something nice about someone why say it at all....
Resident

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

it's obvious you guys don't know your friend very well. I wish what I witnessed was done to your daughter or wife and see if you'd have the same opinion.
Resident

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

btw your police chief doesn't share your opinion of Spoerry, what does that tell you.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Resident wrote:
I wish what I witnessed was done to your daughter or wife and see if you'd have the same opinion.
I admit i don't know this cop or any of the players.
But going by the comment above i would say you're the person who is out of line.
Resident

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I had a face to face with Chief Kushner and this is one turd that he wishes that he was able to flush. Unfortunatly I wasn't witness to the event that he was investigating that would of gotten him fired. But I do know the details and all you so called friends and other cops out there need to clean up your act if you don't like public opinion.
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit i don't know this cop or any of the players.
But going by the comment above i would say you're the person who is out of line.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Resident wrote:
I had a face to face with Chief Kushner and this is one turd that he wishes that he was able to flush. Unfortunatly I wasn't witness to the event that he was investigating that would of gotten him fired. But I do know the details and all you so called friends and other cops out there need to clean up your act if you don't like public opinion. <quoted text>
As i said i don't know this cop.
Nor do i know any Antioch cops.
In fact i don't know anyone in this story.
Most of all i'm not a cop.

What i do know is what i read.
I read the statements YOU made about someone else's DAUGHTER.
You're the person who needs to clean up your act.
Resident

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 21, 2013
 
btw, he's not a Sgt. he was demoted.
REALLY wrote:
Thank you for your support, Former Hainesville Copper". This person posts awful comments about Sgt. Spoerry often and it makes me so mad cause he is such a good person. If you cant say something nice about someone why say it at all....
Resident

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 21, 2013
 
I wish that your eyes saw what my eyes saw and you would be equally disgusted. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but Sporrey in his own words to me encourage me to be loud with my voice. BTW notice that I don't rip on any other officers in Lakemoor or other departments. he really earned this, sometimes people make really poor decisions that will follow them forever. And I'm not the one that demoted him, his superiors did.
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
As i said i don't know this cop.
Nor do i know any Antioch cops.
In fact i don't know anyone in this story.
Most of all i'm not a cop.
What i do know is what i read.
I read the statements YOU made about someone else's DAUGHTER.
You're the person who needs to clean up your act.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Resident wrote:
I wish that your eyes saw what my eyes saw and you would be equally disgusted. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but Sporrey in his own words to me encourage me to be loud with my voice. BTW notice that I don't rip on any other officers in Lakemoor or other departments. he really earned this, sometimes people make really poor decisions that will follow them forever. And I'm not the one that demoted him, his superiors did.<quoted text>
If you have a beef with him anyone else that's ok.
Trust me i don't love everyone.
But to blatantly say you wish harm or bad things to happen to someone's daughter is just plain wrong.
You lose credibility when you say that.
Please just stick to your relationship with him and not his family.
Resident

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 22, 2013
 
I witnessed a perp punch a woman half his size in the head, sucker punch someone who tried to keep them apart and go after someone else with a knife, and I called 911 (2 more time after Spoerry arrived because I was disgusted at how he was handling the situation). The third time I asked to be connected with the county police and instead the 911 center pinged me across the room to another dispatcher who said they were county police, not county. Maybe that's one of the reasons Lakemoor stopped using McHenrys dispatch and went somewhere else. Not only did this perp not get arrested, he was intoxicated and Spoerry knowingly let him drive away. It's funny that the next day, during another shift, the officers in the station knew of this perp and he's caused trouble there before and were very surprised and shocked that he wasn't arrested. Spoerry lied on the police report about several things. And guess what, that perps wife apparently had some kind of connection to someone on the police force. True or untrue, I don't know but something very fishy was going on. It is a small community and word gets around. He also looked away when he was called to a gun incident once in 97 and made no arrest and almost lost his job and another gun incident in 08 where someone intimidated someone else with a gun he was called to the scene and he made no arrests there either, that's because another off duty lakemoor officer was involved. See how all this works. So all you people who still think Spoerry is a good friend and good cop, think again. If it was your wife or Daughter that got punched in the head by a guy twice her size would you be O.K. with that? IS THIS AN OFFICER THAT YOU WANT IN YOUR COMMUNITY. People of Lakemmor should know that some of their officers don't care about the community's saftey. The last Chief, Kusher, was a great Chief and did show great concern over this officers conduct and I hope that the current Chief and the village president keep a close eye on this turd. When Spoerry told me to be loud with my voice little did he know how loud and focused I would be. BTW the perp that he let go has a long record of battery, resisting arrest, warrants, and distribution of a controlled substance. He's always making the police blotters.<
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a beef with him anyone else that's ok.
Trust me i don't love everyone.
But to blatantly say you wish harm or bad things to happen to someone's daughter is just plain wrong.
You lose credibility when you say that.
Please just stick to your relationship with him and not his family.
The Blue Wall

Zion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 22, 2013
 
Police will do as they wish,Johnsburg Chief stepped down after ignoring Child Abuse Allegation about a Coach at the High School who eventually was found guilty of Child crimes. soruce Chicago Trib, Fox Lake Police have a Cop who is on the [Il DCFS State Central Regisrty for Child Abuse]according to public records he has made several attempt to appeal DCFS findings of Guilty but he has been unsuccessfull.State never procecuted inspite of photos and police reports from Sheriffs office from several incidents.Cant blame the Sheriffs Office,But Fox Lake PD should have taken care of the problem,and still should.the Cop has been suspended in the past for abuse to prisoners and still no Red Flags ?? His child has ADHD and was beaten on several occations by the Cop acording to public records.ans DCFS public records. The Most Recent Minutes - Village of Fox Lake
Nov 27, 2012 have been altered it looks like. several Police Officers were certified in dealing with kids with autism and behavioral problems.But now that part is not in the minutes.The Officer is not really supposed to have contact with Kids being on the State Registry I think that makes sence.Maybe thats a question to ask the Village Administator or Chief the records are all at the court house and open to the public.I wont embarras or disrespect the Chief by nameing openly who I am taking about but I think the Chief should know this Cop is a bad fit for the safty of our Kids and town, and its time to say good-by to the Abuser, does anyone disagree ??? I speak from Court Public Records not hearsay.Child Abuse can not be tolerated no matter who does it.Cops are human and make mistakes,but they also have to answer for them Police Dept should have zero tollerence,convicted or not in a court if DCFS finds you to be abusive then your done.Police use DCFS findings to put anyone else in jail or build a case against them. weather they were convicted in court or not.Its called establishing character and prior habits.Whats good for one is good for all. The Police arrest the abuser not join the team of abusers, RIGHT ????
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 23, 2013
 
The Blue Wall wrote:
Police will do as they wish,Johnsburg Chief stepped down after ignoring Child Abuse Allegation about a Coach at the High School who eventually was found guilty of Child crimes. soruce Chicago Trib, Fox Lake Police have a Cop who is on the [Il DCFS State Central Regisrty for Child Abuse]according to public records he has made several attempt to appeal DCFS findings of Guilty but he has been unsuccessfull.State never procecuted inspite of photos and police reports from Sheriffs office from several incidents.Cant blame the Sheriffs Office,But Fox Lake PD should have taken care of the problem,and still should.the Cop has been suspended in the past for abuse to prisoners and still no Red Flags ?? His child has ADHD and was beaten on several occations by the Cop acording to public records.ans DCFS public records. The Most Recent Minutes - Village of Fox Lake
Nov 27, 2012 have been altered it looks like. several Police Officers were certified in dealing with kids with autism and behavioral problems.But now that part is not in the minutes.The Officer is not really supposed to have contact with Kids being on the State Registry I think that makes sence.Maybe thats a question to ask the Village Administator or Chief the records are all at the court house and open to the public.I wont embarras or disrespect the Chief by nameing openly who I am taking about but I think the Chief should know this Cop is a bad fit for the safty of our Kids and town, and its time to say good-by to the Abuser, does anyone disagree ??? I speak from Court Public Records not hearsay.Child Abuse can not be tolerated no matter who does it.Cops are human and make mistakes,but they also have to answer for them Police Dept should have zero tollerence,convicted or not in a court if DCFS finds you to be abusive then your done.Police use DCFS findings to put anyone else in jail or build a case against them. weather they were convicted in court or not.Its called establishing character and prior habits.Whats good for one is good for all. The Police arrest the abuser not join the team of abusers, RIGHT ????
Back up your story post his name.
There's a web site that post the names even pictures of those found guilty.
If this cop really was found guilty his face and name is public record.
So prove it and post his name.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 23, 2013
 
Resident wrote:
it's obvious you guys don't know your friend very well. I wish what I witnessed was done to your daughter or wife and see if you'd have the same opinion.
I don't know this cop
but i do know what i read in your comment
you are out of line about what you said about his daughter and wife.
and even after being called down on your comment you still avoid owning up to your comment.
You think its ok for harm to happen to his innocent daughter and wife.
That makes you no better then the cop you are talking about.
carrottop

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 23, 2013
 
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know this cop
but i do know what i read in your comment
you are out of line about what you said about his daughter and wife.
and even after being called down on your comment you still avoid owning up to your comment.
You think its ok for harm to happen to his innocent daughter and wife.
That makes you no better then the cop you are talking about.
Ahh, the pot meets kettle.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 23, 2013
 
carrottop wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, the pot meets kettle.
I disagree with this comment. Never once seen MM advocate violence or harm to others. Try not to let past history color your opinions.
carrottop

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with this comment. Never once seen MM advocate violence or harm to others. Try not to let past history color your opinions.
only referring to one particular sentence
"and even after being called down on your comment you still avoid owning up to your comment"

MM to a T, and I certainly will let it color my opinion of ALL of his ridiculousness

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Antioch Forum right now

Search the Antioch Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Antioch Police and Retail Ban Notices 5 hr caught 35
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 hr Terry rigsby 48,944
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Sun newpoly 1,864
Rebel flags flying from pick-up trucks (Aug '10) Sun Res 116
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Sun Chicagobunny 527
Do Not Visit Lakemoor Businesses Until The Red ... (Feb '13) Sat stop at red 49
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Jul 26 All better now 3,834
•••
•••
•••
•••

Antioch Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Antioch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Antioch News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Antioch
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••