Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
7,941 - 7,960 of 49,264 Comments Last updated 55 min ago
yep

Birds Landing, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

Bing a homo is wrong and your all going to burn I'm hell.
Sodomyisamentald isorder

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

WestVirginian wrote:
People who don't register to post here are hiding something as the guy above is. He is mental so that should tell you what his disorder is! The bible is fake and was written as a play you idiot!
So is WestVirginian your real name or are you hiding something? Does putting a picture on here of someone you found on the internet make it yourself or are you hiding something?

Registering means nothing you can register as anyone you want there is not background checks or proof of ID required to register.

Your remarks are lame and show your ignorance.
Sodomyisamentald isorder

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

spectrm wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you read Hebrew or are you assuming I'm wrong? No - I know many Jews, all of whom know Hebrew. Only 3 of them have studied ancient Hebrew to an extent to read the texts. They all corroborate what every Biblical and Toranic scholar puts in their books, journals, reports, and statements.
<quoted text>
How do you conflate 'mistranslation' with 'misspelling'? A mistranslation can, and almost always *DOES* result in a change in the message.
<quoted text>
Don't steal, don't kill, etc. existed as principles LONG before the Bible was ever penned. For one, they were in the Torah. Before that, Babylon. Before that Sumeria. Egypt had a code very similar. Don't kill and don't steal are encoded into mammalian genetics. A reading of Richard Dawkin's "The Selfish Gene" should explain how this could, and in a few cases does, work. E.O. Wilson's "On Humanity" is also a good read on the topic of altruism and ethics in evolution. Daniel Dennette also does a fantastic job of explaining ethics from a secular perspective.
And morals determine laws? LMFAO. In the United States, laws are determined by financial cost to society...that's what a 'capitalist society' is. Good and bad are determined by how much value they generate or destroy. But lets follow your reasoning for a moment...if, as will happen, in 20 years there are more Muslims in the US than Christians, would you be behind Islamic morality as law?
You need to reread your 1st Amendment. It might also help to read some of the enlightenment thinkers who inspired our founding fathers. You might even learn a thing or two about our nation's history.
<quoted text>
'always' would be a stretch. In the US, this is definitely the case.
1) Yes I can read Hebrew, I also know many Jews too and many of them deny what the O.T. says because the are not willing to accept the Messiah has already came as predicted in the Torah. They are looking forward to the Messiah's coming but differ in what Christians believe in that he is coming again not the first time.

2) misspelled words are a common thing thrown out in reference to errors that would invalidate the KJV. People have tried to discredit the KJV since 1611 and have not been successful it is still the number one selling Bible (and book) in history and the only correct version for English speaking people.

3) Evolution teachs only the strong survive, Dawkins is a joke he is mentally disabled but he does have the ability to lead sheep.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

yep wrote:
This is a joke, right?

“The man they call Vyv.”

Since: Nov 10

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

EasyEed wrote:
"VyvB"
Your opinion on the connstitutionality of in God We Trust on our money is of no importance except to you. Those who make those decisions say ypu are wrong. Live with it, it ain't going to change.
Peace
You should re-register under the name Captain Obvious. Although I would amend a bit as "of no importance except to (me) and others who agree with me. Obviously those who made the decision disagree with me. I do live with it, it is not as imporatant as other issues to me. As for "it ain't going to change?" Time will tell. I find the use of God's name on money more blasphemous than I do unconstitutional and I am not alone in that opinion.

Even Theodore Roosevelt felt the use of the phrase on our coins cheapened its use and was close to sacrilege: http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf...

“The man they call Vyv.”

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

yep wrote:
More likely you're drunk.

“We'll just two weeks it...”

Since: Oct 10

Burbs of Chi-Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Sodomyisamentaldisorder wrote:
1) Yes I can read Hebrew, I also know many Jews too and many of them deny what the O.T. says because the are not willing to accept the Messiah has already came as predicted in the Torah. They are looking forward to the Messiah's coming but differ in what Christians believe in that he is coming again not the first time.
Their denial of what the OT says allegedly says about Jesus is irrelevant. The stories in question are Sodom and Gomorrah, and I believe someone invoked some lines from Exodus. These are both part of the pentetauch, and I doubt very much that practicing Jews deny the contents of those books. I'm sure they might deny your wild interpretations, but this doesn't mean they deny the books, no matter what you fundie head says.

2) misspelled words are a common thing thrown out in reference to errors that would invalidate the KJV. People have tried to discredit the KJV since 1611 and have not been successful it is still the number one selling Bible (and book) in history and the only correct version for English speaking people.
And we weren't talking about the KJV, were we? The question was whether or not the original Hebrew said 'for homosexuality','sexual perversion', or 'inhospitality'. Hebrew scholars confirm it's the latter. But thank you for demonstrating your boneheadedness. The KJVs inaccuracies are detailed very thuroughly. Your denial of it doesn't do a damn thing to change reality.
3) Evolution teachs only the strong survive,
evolution teaches nothing. It's a natural process. People teach it. But actually stands on "the most adapted to their environment propagate". Survival isn't guaranteed for any creature, no matter how adapted. Propagation, however, frequently is.
Dawkins is a joke he is mentally disabled but he does have the ability to lead sheep.
This coming from you should be the highest of compliments to a man of Dawkins caliber. Do you enjoy being a mental midgit?

“The man they call Vyv.”

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Morals determine laws and morals come from ones religion.
I know many atheists who are moral upsatnding citizens. They don't need religion to tell them that stealing or murder is wrong. Even our ancient ancestors, before the inception of religion would have had the compassion to understand that these things are wrong or at least learned that theft and murder led to retaliation.

On the flipside of this we have many, many examples of religion leading people to steal and kill in the name of their god. The crusades. The puritans slaughter of the native americans. 9/11. I could go on, but Topix has a limited amount of space to reply.
Sodomyisamentald isorder

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

spectrm wrote:
<quoted text>
Their denial of what the OT says allegedly says about Jesus is irrelevant. The stories in question are Sodom and Gomorrah, and I believe someone invoked some lines from Exodus. These are both part of the pentetauch, and I doubt very much that practicing Jews deny the contents of those books. I'm sure they might deny your wild interpretations, but this doesn't mean they deny the books, no matter what you fundie head says.
<quoted text>
And we weren't talking about the KJV, were we? The question was whether or not the original Hebrew said 'for homosexuality','sexual perversion', or 'inhospitality'. Hebrew scholars confirm it's the latter. But thank you for demonstrating your boneheadedness. The KJVs inaccuracies are detailed very thuroughly. Your denial of it doesn't do a damn thing to change reality.
<quoted text>
evolution teaches nothing. It's a natural process. People teach it. But actually stands on "the most adapted to their environment propagate". Survival isn't guaranteed for any creature, no matter how adapted. Propagation, however, frequently is.
<quoted text>
This coming from you should be the highest of compliments to a man of Dawkins caliber. Do you enjoy being a mental midgit?
I see you have no defence so you result with inhospitality. Your dismissed.
Seymore

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

LuLu Ford wrote:
BTW, it is childish to call people names. Why would ask me to do that?
You are a dike.

Since: Feb 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

Remember the old drivein movies where the young kids and a lot of adults used to put people in their trunk or even sneak over the fence so they didnt have to pay.Thats exactly what some people today are trying with the creator, sneak in.They find anyone they can to tell them that what they are doing is right or even when they read the scriptures that make things very clear they will still try what they can to get away with doing things in opposition to God.Thats why in Noahs day noone but Noah and his wife and sons got on the ark.Because they thought Noah was crazy.And if they truly loved God, and agreed with his laws,and had faith the size of a mustard seed they would have gotten on.

Burbs of Chi-Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
I see you have no defence so you result with inhospitality. Your dismissed.
Defense from what? As if you could launch an effective intellectual offense?

Don't make me laugh today, I already have a headache. You need to read some books - as in plural. And make sure at least half of them were written in the last 1000 years, please.

Since: Feb 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

yep wrote:
Its unfortunate that people are taught that they will go to hell for eternity and burn forever.That certainly is not true.Hell is simply the common grave that all mankind go to when they die.The bible says that God is love .[1st john 4:7-10]First of all if most of us are very fortunate we might live to be 80 yrs.No matter how bad we were dont you think that burning forever is rather harsh ,considering that God lives for eternity?According to john 5: 28,29 it says that all those in the memorial tombs will be ressurected those who did good things to a ressurection of life those who did bad things to a ressurection of judgement. this judgement does not mean that all people considered bad will be raised to be punished it means that they will be taught Gods law and those who decide they will live they way he wants them to will be given everlasting life. But the ones who after being raised that still do not believe and still wont obey ,will be forever destroyed.[20:rev.13,14]Notice it calls the lake of fire the second death.God is not unrighteous so as to not give everyone the chance to serve him in a good way.But as in all things we do, it is our choice to live or die.
Sodomyisamentald isorder

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

spectrm wrote:
<quoted text>
Defense from what? As if you could launch an effective intellectual offense?
Don't make me laugh today, I already have a headache. You need to read some books - as in plural. And make sure at least half of them were written in the last 1000 years, please.
I see you are giving up since you cannot defend what you claim.

I have read books, some even written in the last 100 years, a couple even last year.

Burbs of Chi-Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
I see you are giving up since you cannot defend what you claim.
I have read books, some even written in the last 100 years, a couple even last year.
Ah. So you're problem, then, is reading comprehension.

Here's an idea. Go back to my post and respond to it again. You response was irrelevant and the claims made in it have already been contended with by others as well as myself.

You're maleducated about evolution, biology, natural history - in fact, name a field of science and I would say you've already demonstrated a lack of understanding in it.
Sodomyisamentald isorder

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

junkyarddawg1 wrote:
<quoted text>Its unfortunate that people are taught that they will go to hell for eternity and burn forever.That certainly is not true.Hell is simply the common grave that all mankind go to when they die.The bible says that God is love .[1st john 4:7-10]First of all if most of us are very fortunate we might live to be 80 yrs.No matter how bad we were dont you think that burning forever is rather harsh ,considering that God lives for eternity?According to john 5: 28,29 it says that all those in the memorial tombs will be ressurected those who did good things to a ressurection of life those who did bad things to a ressurection of judgement. this judgement does not mean that all people considered bad will be raised to be punished it means that they will be taught Gods law and those who decide they will live they way he wants them to will be given everlasting life. But the ones who after being raised that still do not believe and still wont obey ,will be forever destroyed.[20:rev.13,14]Notice it calls the lake of fire the second death.God is not unrighteous so as to not give everyone the chance to serve him in a good way.But as in all things we do, it is our choice to live or die.
God is love and he will also judge everyone for their sins also.

He is also a God of forgiveness and is willing to forgive you of your sins.

He is also a God that will not tolerate what he refers to as an abomination,(a sin) and will bring judgement to those who disobey his word.

I guess you don't believe in disciplining your children (if you have any) because that would show you don't love them. That is absurd thinking.
Sodomyisamentald isorder

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

spectrm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. So you're problem, then, is reading comprehension.
Here's an idea. Go back to my post and respond to it again. You response was irrelevant and the claims made in it have already been contended with by others as well as myself.
You're maleducated about evolution, biology, natural history - in fact, name a field of science and I would say you've already demonstrated a lack of understanding in it.
I get it only the homosexualy supporters know anything. Keep fooling yourself. Evolution has never been proven and it never will be because it didn't happen.

Evolution teaches life came from a molten rock. I can see why the uneducated can believe that life came from something that had no life.
Seymore

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

junkyarddawg1 wrote:
<quoted text>Its unfortunate that people are taught that they will go to hell for eternity and burn forever.That certainly is not true.Hell is simply the common grave that all mankind go to when they die.The bible says that God is love .[1st john 4:7-10]First of all if most of us are very fortunate we might live to be 80 yrs.No matter how bad we were dont you think that burning forever is rather harsh ,considering that God lives for eternity?According to john 5: 28,29 it says that all those in the memorial tombs will be ressurected those who did good things to a ressurection of life those who did bad things to a ressurection of judgement. this judgement does not mean that all people considered bad will be raised to be punished it means that they will be taught Gods law and those who decide they will live they way he wants them to will be given everlasting life. But the ones who after being raised that still do not believe and still wont obey ,will be forever destroyed.[20:rev.13,14]Notice it calls the lake of fire the second death.God is not unrighteous so as to not give everyone the chance to serve him in a good way.But as in all things we do, it is our choice to live or die.
You a preacher?
Too Many Hypocrites

Riverside, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
I get it only the homosexualy supporters know anything. Keep fooling yourself. Evolution has never been proven and it never will be because it didn't happen.
Evolution teaches life came from a molten rock. I can see why the uneducated can believe that life came from something that had no life.
What the hell does eveolution and the bible have anything to do with civil unions in IL?
Sodomyisamentald isorder

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

Too Many Hypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell does eveolution and the bible have anything to do with civil unions in IL?
Civil unions go against the Bible and only people that come from pond scum evolve into homosexuals, the rest of us were created.

People on these forums are so easily distracted. You make one comment in reference to what someone else posted and you are off on a completely different subject within a few post.

There are many non-religious anti-god theologians out here that claim they know more about what the Bible says, where it came from then people that actually read and study it.

There is also a thing called free speech in America one can say or post whatever they want. I take it you don't like the first amendment? Which is not suprising since the homosexual crowd wants to limit what people can say with their hateful hate crimes laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Antioch Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Antioch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Antioch News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Antioch