Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 396)

Showing posts 7,901 - 7,920 of47,058
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

freeindeed wrote:
I think you're reaching at straws. Abomination is not a law it's a sin. There were sins committed way before there were laws. That's the reason for the laws. Does anybody want to help Rick out?
Dear, you are the one who offered Leviticus as "proof" that the people of Sodom had committed the "abomination" of homosexuality before God. But the problem with that is, the Genesis account predates Leviticus by several thousand years. Which would make it rather difficult to commit that particular "abomination", since it had not yet been named one. Besides, there are any number of "abominations" listed in the Old Testament, what proof do you have that it wasn't any of the others?

You're the one who obviously needs help, you're being schooled by an agnostic.
greek tragedy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Nomos Soter wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts lol. America isn't your church and most of us don't think of it as babylon. Your ideals and biblical laws are antiquated and moot. Read a little new testament your god gets nicer. Or heck study other religions maybe then you'll see Sodom and Gomorrah is just a knock off of the Greek legend Baucis and Philemon.
antiquated? your brain does not hit all cylinders.
the old and new testaments have foretold accurately,
they continue to fortell events.

biblical phrophecy is at the very core of this subject,
the loss of mans morality and belief in God,
as we see in this country,
and which has been suggested
will be the downfall
of this nation.
greek tragedy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

and may be coming true right b-4 our very eyes.

those who know and choose not to see...

and for those who do not,
simply pray to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
She will answer.
greek tragedy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

AquariusNSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the actual ancient Hebrew word is to'evah. We do not know precisely what it means, however most believe that it has to do with acts that are idolatrous and/or ritually unclean in nature. And, probably a better translation of the word would be "taboo."
spent half your life trying to cover it up?
a priest still in denial of God abhoring sodomy?
hang one of them up already.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

greek tragedy wrote:
and may be coming true right b-4 our very eyes.
those who know and choose not to see...
and for those who do not,
simply pray to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
She will answer.
Wouldn't worshipping and praying to God be a more direct way? Praying to a human, however good and pious, seems a little blasphemous.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

greek tragedy wrote:
<quoted text>
antiquated? your brain does not hit all cylinders.
will be the downfall
of this nation.
Why is forming a commited and legally recognized relationship with the one chosen for you by God, a "loss of morality"?

How will stronger families bring about the "downfall of this nation"?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

freeindeed wrote:
<quoted text>
Eze 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
Eze 16:50 And they were haughty, and committed ABOMINATION before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.
Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is ABOMINATION.
You still want to say that homosexuality is not listed as one of the sins of Sodom? It's right there.
LOL...you didn't do very well on logic questions in school, did you?

“The man they call Vyv.”

Since: Nov 10

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

siumom wrote:
Christianity was the religion of the founders of this country..Iknow I know indians were the first settlers. The basic principles of our founding fathers were christian principles and as such, are the foundation of our legal system. Our money has.. In God we trust on it, Our Pledge of Allegiance has God in it.
Both instances were added LONG after our founding fathers. I find it quite blasphemous and unconstitutional to print God's name upon money.

“The man they call Vyv.”

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

john wrote:
God made man and woman. Not adam and steve and all we can do is pray for those whom don't no or understand the word of god or know of him
And I pray for those who get their "learnin" from bumper stickers.

“The man they call Vyv.”

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

greek tragedy wrote:
never speak to another phrophet again? He is speaking to his children today now more than ever. all we have to do is listen.
I agree that he continues to "speak" to us. I just don't think many devout Christians are receiving the message because they are too busy thumping their Bibles.

“The man they call Vyv.”

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

greek tragedy wrote:
those good men wanted to have a spot of tea?
No, they wanted to interrogate and harrass the newcomers. They wanted to show that outsiders were not welcome in their city. It was one of the biggest sins in the eyes of the Jewish authors that wrote about their times.

“The man they call Vyv.”

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Judged:

freeindeed wrote:
So because they were unfriendly they were destroyed? It translates the way you wish it to.
No. I refer back to rabbinical studies over the original Hebrew text. And yes, the Hebrews considered the sin worthy of destruction. It also coincides with what Jesus calls the second greatest Commandment: "Love your neighbor as you would love yourself." Are you saying God would be wrong to destroy people for disobeying His second greatest Commandment, as spoken by his very son?

It is homophobic bigots that have taken their hate for homosexuality to twist the words of the Bible to support their hatred. It is sad that you would deny the word of Jesus and try to debunk the scholars of the original text to explain why it is OK for you to ignore the second greatest Commandment.

“The man they call Vyv.”

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

keepitreal1 wrote:
I never claimed to be. I only claim to be a Bible believer.
Which is the core of your problem. The Bible has become your golden idol. And you seem to hold it higher than God.

“We'll just two weeks it...”

Since: Oct 10

Burbs of Chi-Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Judged:

greek tragedy wrote:
<quoted text>antiquated? your brain does not hit all cylinders.

will be the downfall
of this nation.
Delusion is one helluva drug
Seymore

Saint Charles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Judged:

Hold please wrote:
<quoted text>
And like I say, your Faith is Irrelevant to this discussion.
Everything you do in like is irrelevant. Except take a shit. Then you are feeding yourself.
nietzsche

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Judged:

Ok been gone for a while. I couldn't have told you what happened to Sodom and whatever because, as you missed, while I may believe in a higher power, I still believe the bible is just a book wrote by man. I beleive it open to how you read it and there is no "GOD MEANT THIS OR THAT"

To the other poster that talked about Rome being a decadent civilization, that may be. I wasn't saying it was good, i was just arguing against someone else saying no civilized place condoned same sex. Also, this civilization is crumblinb apart and becoming less free due to people shoving their moral beliefs on eveyone else and finding what little evidence that can be fabricated and using it as proof.

Again, I don't care your beleifs but I don't think someone else should have to be unhappy because of your moral beleifs. Also don't compare gays to drug use. It's nowhere near the same thing.

Also thanks to the kudos from who ever that was. I'm not afraid to admit my faults. I have gay friends and to be honest they're nicer than my straight friends. Though at one time I was very homophobic. I grew up with this guy literally since we were babies. We were great friends, but around 16 he came out that he was gay and had been for as long as he could remember. When the rest of us were getting interested in the girls around school, he was finding out he was mroe attracted to us guys. Creeped me out and I could barely talk to him for a year. Then I finally realized what he does in the privacy of his own home is really none of my buisness. He was still the same person I grew up with, and still an all around great guy... or girl maybe lol.

“We'll just two weeks it...”

Since: Oct 10

Burbs of Chi-Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Judged:

It has to be a sign of the theist's veracity in their argument that they descend to trolling and ridiculous childishness in place of proper discourse.
nietzsche

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Judged:

"place of proper discourse." ? lol. Where have you been? This is one of the most vile and trash talking places I've ever seen. I can't even have logical arguments with people cause they irratate me so bad, all I wanna do is hit them, and I'm not even a violent person.
fizzy

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Ditto!!!!
nietzsche wrote:
"place of proper discourse." ? lol. Where have you been? This is one of the most vile and trash talking places I've ever seen. I can't even have logical arguments with people cause they irratate me so bad, all I wanna do is hit them, and I'm not even a violent person.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Judged:

I'm beginning to think people are now fighting just so they can see this go up to 8k posts,because this subject has been talked out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,901 - 7,920 of47,058
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antioch Discussions

Search the Antioch Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Antioch Wal-Mart Ad Match Policy (Jul '13) 11 hr Time for a Change 16
Has Steve Smouse mis-managed the Tim Osmond Park? (Dec '07) 13 hr Rabbi OToole 47
Home based business 13 hr Scooby 3
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 20 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,777
Antioch superintendent to resign in June Thu Curious 12
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Thu jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,533
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Apr 16 Be kuel 1,808
•••

Flood Warning for Lake County was issued at April 18 at 9:23PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Antioch Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Antioch People Search