Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,249

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

“We'll just two weeks it...”

Since: Oct 10

Burbs of Chi-Town

#8103 Feb 18, 2011
greek tragedy wrote:
<quoted text>
because by legalizing same sex unions, anal intercourse is consdidered legally acceptable.
as it is written, God abhors this act.
What do you mean 'legally acceptable'? Do you mean 'legal'? If so, anal sex is legal all over the US.

You do know that heterosexual couples engage in anal sex, right?

“We'll just two weeks it...”

Since: Oct 10

Burbs of Chi-Town

#8104 Feb 18, 2011
keepitreal1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that electricity has always been around because it naturally exists in the world. Lightning, for instance, is simply a flow of electrons between the ground and the clouds. Hence, electrical equipment like motors, light bulbs, and batteries aren't needed for electricity to exist. They are just creative inventions designed to harness and use electricity.
Wrong - again, you're conflating colloquialisms with proper terms.

I could continue explaining these to you but you don't believe a word I say anyways...why don't you just get to your point.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#8105 Feb 18, 2011
greek tragedy wrote:
you dont know the true God because you have followed your desires to the point of no return perversion.
I'm actually quite familiar with the opinions of your variation of "god", they get spouted around here often enough, that I pretty much have them down by rote. While you have both the right and the freedom to believe that you have the "true god", given the many other variations of "god" being trotted out around here, it makes your claim rather silly at best. So, your "god", hates this fag, oh well, I feel sorry for him, he's seriously missing out.
greek tragedy wrote:
the continued erosion of morality in this country, and an absence of a fear of God...
When HAVEN'T all "Christians" believed some "morality" was somehow "eroding"? It's been one of the basic premises for the faith since its inception. If we weren't in constant peril from ourselves, why would even need the "Christian" variations of "god"?

If you want to fear your "god", please feel free, you do have the right, but please don't expect everyone else to give deference to your deity-phobia. We have the right, as well as the freedom, to not fear your "god", heck, we don't even have to respect him. While that may very well abhorrent to your chosen set of beliefs, your beliefs aren't the only ones in the room.
greek tragedy wrote:
this law gives a license for any man who so easily and mindlessly offends God with anal sex, and affords the queer to say to future generations that this is acceptable?
Despite what you choose to believe "god" is telling you on the subject, the truth is, that there are in addition to all that icky sex stuff, real live human beings who don't stop being "faggots" when they aren't doing all that "anal sex" you keep fantasizing about. We have always been here and always will and while you claim your "god" has a problem with us, his problem isn't ours, it's yours. You may be absolutely horrified by the concept, but being a faggot is a gift of our creation, and in the public square, we are your equal. It is a challenge to be born to be a faggot, especially with people like you around to make the experience as miserable as possible, but we can not only survive, we can thrive in spite of you and your "god".
greek tragedy wrote:
as we turn our collective backs on God, so will God to us.
Again, your "god", your problem, not ours.
greek tragedy wrote:
it is unfortunate that the God fearing gays are lumped in with those commiting the act of sodomy.
SODOMY which god abhors from any of his children, regardless of sexual orientation.
Your "god" having equal opportunity sexual hang ups is supposed to impress us? Your "god" needs a better spokesmodel. Just one last reminder, your "god", your problem.

“The man they call Vyv.”

Since: Nov 10

Antioch, IL

#8106 Feb 18, 2011
greek tragedy wrote:
perfect thank you
but do tell.
how is engaging in activity in which God abhors
loving the Lord your God?
You asked what the second most important Commandment was. Your futile attempt to bait and switch is pathetic.

You cannot prove that God abhors the activity in question. All you have is a book that men wrote trying to explain God in their own opinion. Then they declared that God had spoken to them but would never speak to another prophet again and sheep like you believe these ancient men. I still see God's wisdom being given to us. But we have to seek it through science and research. His mysteries still unfold and I won't let you or any ancient prophets lock knowledge away. That is the true work of the Devil, to keep God's wisdom away from you and to keep you compliant and complacent as false servitors of God's will.

“The man they call Vyv.”

Since: Nov 10

Antioch, IL

#8107 Feb 18, 2011
greek tragedy wrote:
because by legalizing same sex unions, anal intercourse is consdidered legally acceptable.
as it is written, God abhors this act.
It was already considered legally acceptable when every sodomy law was thrown off the books as unconstitutional. What century are you in?
siumom

Milton, FL

#8108 Feb 18, 2011
You can say all you want about the Bible,The fact is, it's the inspiring words of God. It has survived through floods, fire, and many wars, and it still stands. I don't understand why people are so afraid and against the bible. It is here to guide us and help us all through difficult times. If you are not a believer in the bible, then ok that's your right. I'm not here to force my beliefs.All i'm trying to say is, please don't cut the bible down, and fight over it's teachings, My bible says he loves us ALL, no matter what. Laws are going to be passed, some we like and others we won't like. But, When it comes to people no matter what beliefs they have, we need to be teaching our kids RESPECT. Respect of other human beings. I am a christian and I have a good friend who happens to be gay. He knows I don't agree with it. However, we have agreed to disagree, and we will always be good friends.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#8109 Feb 18, 2011
When you use your bible as a weapon against the rights of gay people, it's going to be challenged, and indeed, cut down.
siumom wrote:
You can say all you want about the Bible,The fact is, it's the inspiring words of God. It has survived through floods, fire, and many wars, and it still stands. I don't understand why people are so afraid and against the bible. It is here to guide us and help us all through difficult times. If you are not a believer in the bible, then ok that's your right. I'm not here to force my beliefs.All i'm trying to say is, please don't cut the bible down, and fight over it's teachings, My bible says he loves us ALL, no matter what. Laws are going to be passed, some we like and others we won't like. But, When it comes to people no matter what beliefs they have, we need to be teaching our kids RESPECT. Respect of other human beings. I am a christian and I have a good friend who happens to be gay. He knows I don't agree with it. However, we have agreed to disagree, and we will always be good friends.
siumom

Milton, FL

#8110 Feb 18, 2011
That's true..and as a christian myself, I need to remind All christians to be careful and remember God is judge, not us. Our job is to share the bible with love and respect, not hate and cutting down

“Fight bigotry.”

Toms River, NJ

#8111 Feb 18, 2011
Yet you've done that in your posts here with your inane "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" rhetoric, as well as your pushing of what you interpret as being against gay people from Romans.
siumom wrote:
That's true..and as a christian myself, I need to remind All christians to be careful and remember God is judge, not us. Our job is to share the bible with love and respect, not hate and cutting down
Seymore

Chicago, IL

#8112 Feb 18, 2011
keepitreal1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the whole problem with the gay agenda. God has become irrelevant.
This is completely true. Gays have made up their own rules that they think we have to accept. It seems like they have made up their own God, have no God, and are completely disreoectufll of the huge majority who do not see their way.

“Fight bigotry.”

Toms River, NJ

#8113 Feb 18, 2011
This misconception has already been corrected:

http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/13-...

"And even though most Americans consider themselves to be Christian, there is a noticeable gap between heterosexuals who self-identify that way (85%) compared to homosexuals (70%)."

Yes, that's right, 70% of gay people are Christian, that's hardly making up their own god or having no god.
Seymore wrote:
<quoted text>
This is completely true. Gays have made up their own rules that they think we have to accept. It seems like they have made up their own God, have no God, and are completely disreoectufll of the huge majority who do not see their way.
Mystery Man

Naperville, IL

#8114 Feb 18, 2011
ACLU-Tom wrote:
When you use your bible as a weapon against the rights of gay people, it's going to be challenged, and indeed, cut down.
<quoted text>
Where in siumom post do you interpret the bible as a weapon ?
He clearly states what the bible actually is.
Go back and read it again.
I would have thought you ACLU guys were all about doing your research. You sure dropped the ball this time. If you really are a lawyer for the gays they are in trouble.

“Fight bigotry.”

Toms River, NJ

#8115 Feb 18, 2011
She most certainly has used her bible as a weapon against gay people, the posts are there.
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in siumom post do you interpret the bible as a weapon ?
He clearly states what the bible actually is.
Go back and read it again.
I would have thought you ACLU guys were all about doing your research. You sure dropped the ball this time. If you really are a lawyer for the gays they are in trouble.
Sodomyisamentald isorder

Oklahoma City, OK

#8116 Feb 18, 2011
spectrm wrote:
<quoted text>
To know your bible you must review the original Hebrew. They were burned for inhospitality. Find me a quote from the bible saying it was for homosexuality. It ain't there.
You are wrong it was not for inhospitality.

You are also wrong in thinking you have ato review the original Hebrew for understanding.

Your last point is correct, they were not destroyed for homosexuality.

So many here think they know what the Bible actually says but all they know are talking points that come from others that don't know the Bible. This is the reason I posed this question. The homosexual supports try rebutting a non-homosexual support with the Bible when the other uses a Bible reference. They pretend like they know what they are talking about but all they do is google a phrase or attended church years ago and then think they are theologians.

Some just through out every verse they can find hoping one of them is correct.
Seymore

Chicago, IL

#8117 Feb 18, 2011
ACLU-Tom wrote:
This misconception has already been corrected:
http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/13-...
"And even though most Americans consider themselves to be Christian, there is a noticeable gap between heterosexuals who self-identify that way (85%) compared to homosexuals (70%)."
Yes, that's right, 70% of gay people are Christian, that's hardly making up their own god or having no god.
<quoted text>
What substantiates this? Pathetically nothing.
Of those 70% who consider themselves Christian, how many do you think have either been ex-communicated or kicked out of their church or hide their true self for fear of doing so? Most I would think. The reason for that is because they are Christians with their own set of rules.
Seymore

Chicago, IL

#8118 Feb 18, 2011
ACLU-Tom wrote:
She most certainly has used her bible as a weapon against gay people, the posts are there.
<quoted text>
so what? The bible has been used for a weapon against other kinds of evil for a long time. What makes you different?

“Fight bigotry.”

Toms River, NJ

#8119 Feb 18, 2011
Would you care to back this up? My figures came right from The Barna Group, a firm that is highly respected for its research, studies and surveys where religion is concerned.
Seymore wrote:
<quoted text>
What substantiates this? Pathetically nothing.
Of those 70% who consider themselves Christian, how many do you think have either been ex-communicated or kicked out of their church or hide their true self for fear of doing so? Most I would think. The reason for that is because they are Christians with their own set of rules.
Sodomyisamentald isorder

Oklahoma City, OK

#8120 Feb 18, 2011
DebJ wrote:
<quoted text>
1. No. If you serve the public, you serve ALL the public.
2. No. They can look for another job.
3. Yes. A well rounded education is worth more than ignorant bias.
If you are against something, you should at least know where you
are coming from, let the children learn and arrive at their own
decisions.
A private business is not a public servant. The police, fire dept, hospital etc are public servants. A private business used to have the right to refuse their services, that was until the homosexuals started pushing their agenda and hate crimes laws.

So do you think a teacher should cover creation to the same extent as evolution? They are both considered theories?
Sodomyisamentald isorder

Oklahoma City, OK

#8121 Feb 18, 2011
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Keepitreal, how about we do just that KEEP IT REAL. This means keep the Bible out of it. I am a Christian hetero male. The Bible does go against ****. if you wannt to believe a translation of a translation ofa.... That being said, the Bible is not what everyone believes in, so it shouldnt be included in the debate.
The test of your belief that ****. is wrong and so is marriage, is to tell us exactactly why, leaving all biblical aspects and personal feelings out of it, you believe this. Exactly how will **** marraige affect your day to day life. Will it raise your taxes will it change your life. Talk the issue, not beliefes you have which are not shared by all... Go on I dare you
If you want to talk the issues and leave beliefs out of it then this thread would end.

I would expect your next post to be something you don't believe.
just saying

Carpentersville, IL

#8122 Feb 18, 2011
Sodomyisamentaldisorder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong it was not for inhospitality.
You are also wrong in thinking you have ato review the original Hebrew for understanding.
Your last point is correct, they were not destroyed for homosexuality.
So many here think they know what the Bible actually says but all they know are talking points that come from others that don't know the Bible. This is the reason I posed this question. The homosexual supports try rebutting a non-homosexual support with the Bible when the other uses a Bible reference. They pretend like they know what they are talking about but all they do is google a phrase or attended church years ago and then think they are theologians.
Some just through out every verse they can find hoping one of them is correct.

If you go to Biblegateway.com type in any chp vers, you can see it in at least 30 dif english translations, s this isnt even countingthose in other languages. So which Bible should we review?

Since the KJV, which most people see as most correct, was a copy of a copy of a copy... Can you really say that is the one. Like the old kids game of Telephone. Only the person starting the message know what it origionally was

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antioch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
warehouse sale 52 min News Reader 2011 5
Historic building destroyed 1 hr News Reader 2011 1
Antioch, fire district will again seek ambulanc... 14 hr This is BS. 18
Sometime we just have to change Tue Grayskull 1
How bad is the distracted driving in your area ? Tue Grayskull 1
home choice stores (Aug '09) Dec 12 Thrifty 19
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Dec 12 sal 83
Antioch Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web