Antioch man shot to death

Antioch man shot to death

Posted in the Antioch Forum

Welfare

Pittsburg, CA

#1 Jan 25, 2010
ANTIOCH — A man was shot to death Sunday night, leaving police to investigate the city's second homicide of the year.

Trying to keep up with our sister city Richmond. The city council can continue putting their heads in the sand and saying that things are great in Antioch. It will cost us with more victims until we start admitting who is causing the problems in our community and stop it. It's always the same discription. Hell in most cases they don't even bother to include the discription because we already know.
THUG HATER

Oakland, CA

#2 Jan 25, 2010
I heard it on the scanner last night.
The shooters were described as three black or hispanic young males wearing dark hoodies running down K st towards 8 th. You know, the old section 8 housing.
THUG HATER

Oakland, CA

#3 Jan 25, 2010
I have always wondered why they shoot then run away LIKE SCARED LITTLE GIRLS. Why don't you stick around shoot it out with the police, TOUGH GUYS. They probably ran home to hide under their bed and suck their thumb. CHICKENSHITBASTARDS

GANG MEMBERS = SCARED LITTLE GIRLS
woopie silverburg

Antioch, CA

#4 Jan 25, 2010
the man shot to death, was he a by stander, gang banger or drug dealer? Description would make a big difference. Ass long as there are no innocent victims involved..who cares if they fight over turfs to sell their drugs and kill each other. Thats probably what the city wants anyway?
THUG HATER

Oakland, CA

#5 Jan 25, 2010
woopie silverburg wrote:
the man shot to death, was he a by stander, gang banger or drug dealer? Description would make a big difference. Ass long as there are no innocent victims involved..who cares if they fight over turfs to sell their drugs and kill each other. Thats probably what the city wants anyway?
I haven't heard who he was.
If he was a thug, watch as his family says "he was turning his life around". Happens all the time.
woopie silverburg

Antioch, CA

#6 Jan 25, 2010
...as always.
Wooopie Walnut

Pittsburg, CA

#7 Jan 26, 2010
woopie silverburg wrote:
Who cares? I care. I don't want a 9mm or a 357 coming through someones wall and hitting a child or someones parents.
oh yeah

Arvin, CA

#8 Jan 26, 2010
and the victims family will sue the city of antioch for not having enough police presence!!!! you hear that burris? gotta hot one here for ya!
iluvantioch

Antioch, CA

#9 Jan 27, 2010
Wooopie Walnut wrote:
<quoted text> Who cares? I care. I don't want a 9mm or a 357 coming through someones wall and hitting a child or someones parents.
You care... right. My bad, in a way I care too. But what can you do to stop them. The answer is: NOTHING, or just hope they kill each other.
Wooopie Walnut

Pittsburg, CA

#10 Jan 27, 2010
Don't get me wrong, I'm not preaching. If you can find a solid concrete cube to place them all in and give them all weapons and let them play "Last man standing" is ok with me. Or I suppose we could say the "Proper" thing and try and offer them some kind of skills in auto mechanics or wood shop or computer programing but half of them would probably use those skills to chop cars or hack into mainframes. So what can you do.
CITIZEN

Oakland, CA

#11 Jan 27, 2010
Wooopie Walnut wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not preaching. If you can find a solid concrete cube to place them all in and give them all weapons and let them play "Last man standing" is ok with me. Or I suppose we could say the "Proper" thing and try and offer them some kind of skills in auto mechanics or wood shop or computer programing but half of them would probably use those skills to chop cars or hack into mainframes. So what can you do.
I am an unemployed (laid off TWICE in one year) high school graduate, an AMERICAN CITIZEN, non - criminal, white male. Where is MY FREE JOB TRAINING?
Wooopie Walnut

Pittsburg, CA

#12 Jan 27, 2010
Sorry, They gave it to the people who will riot if they're ignored. You'll have to come back another time and maybe the system will have a slot opening up for you.

Since: Jan 10

Dublin, CA

#13 Jan 27, 2010
I would like to start an Antioch Vigilance Committee (AVC), and flood the streets with our (other private citizens) cars in the evening, and other times, citizen patrols, with speed dial to the APD. Can you imagine if just 1 percent of the city agreed to this, 1,000 people altogether at different times on patrol, being the eyes and ears of APD in all the places where they (APD) can't be all at once?

Sounds crazy, but it would work! Make it as difficult as possible for the riff raff (ANY type of trouble-maker), let them go somewhere else. Let them know they’re ALWAYS being watched. And while I realize that there are some deserving people on section 8 (disabled, elderly, etc.), how about the City Council enacting a law limiting section 8 vouchers to 1 percent of Antioch households, and try and limit Parolees as well?

Antioch does more than its fair shair in taking care of the lower echelon of society. Why can't some place like Orinda take more section 8 and Parolees?(I know the easy answer is a city like Orinda has loads of money).

For more information:

Contact me at: [email protected]

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read this. I know not to expect public backing per se of the AVC, just wanted to run this by you all. And I know you are all currently working very hard to make Antioch a better place to live.

I've had thoughts of moving out of Antioch, but I've never been one to cut and run. It should be some of the people that if they don't change thier ways that should be taking a one-way ticket out of Antioch, not the law-abiding, tax-paying citizens that want to make this city a better place for them, thier families, as well as future generations.

Jeff Conway

resident of Antioch since 98
Jeff is the man

Antioch, CA

#14 Jan 28, 2010
You have an excellent idea..and I'll be in touch. Lets take Antioch back!
oh yeah

Arvin, CA

#15 Feb 3, 2010
lets get rid of ALL the section 8 nikkkas in Antioch!!!!!!!!!!
the other other

Pittsburg, CA

#16 Feb 3, 2010
how about just the thugs on section 8 one at a time and let the other section 8 people who are elderly or handicapped and temporary out of work parents to remain on the program as it was truly designed for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antioch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitution on 18th Street Antioch motels (Jun '12) 4 hr Omar 12
News Students monitor health of Solano waterways 4 hr hockey stick 2
Drugs and Hookers at 289 West Tregallas Road (Apr '14) 4 hr Omar 7
News Antioch Police SWAT arrests man who shot at thr... 8 hr James 1
News Fire breaks out at marijuana grow house in Antioch 23 hr jason_6_go 2
Carrie parman May 12 Bonbzzz 1
Old School Autoworks (Jan '10) May 7 Mybirdback 34

Antioch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance