Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
157,481 - 157,500 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 20 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to learn to read, I am not opposed to it. I have no argument against it.
Right. You have no argument against them beyond the fact that the are represented by child molesters and welfare cheats and dreaded fundies. You know, my heroes!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

I will remember it though, when you think of champions of marriage equality.... you think... Utah!

( chuckle )

I guarantee you, just about no one else thinks that

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
child molesters and welfare cheats and dreaded fundies. You know, my heroes!
Yes thats you.
BeeGees

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Glendora, California residents are once again finding there so called elected civic leaders are just like the ones before, passing the buck.

Instead of truly fixing the problem or problems that face the day to day operations of this local government, they resort to the tired and true method of raising taxes.

When they stomped around and proclaimed that if elected they would fight back and make those hard choices and spare effort in reducing the cost of government. This as you all see was another big fat lie.

Any fool can spend money and or waste money or even make up excuses as to why they can't stop the spending when in power. But those who are willing to take on the task and actually reduce spending or obligations to ones city government are hard to find and keep in office.

I'm not talking about the dead beat hanger-on's who haunt city hall and collect there paycheck and go through the motions of being productive.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Anal sex is the key identifying factor of gays.
No, stupid, it's not.
Sexual/romantic attraction to members of the same sex is.
Most people who have anal sex are straight.
KiMare wrote:
It is the most intimate act between gays. You know I'm talking about the essence of homosexuality when I bring up anal sex.
I know you are lying when you say anal sex is the essence of homosexuality. If that were the case, there would be more straight homosexuals than gay ones, because most people who have anal sex are straight.
KiMare wrote:
As to it' inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature, I simply post a medical site that labels it a violation of design, THE MOST DANGEROUS SEXUAL ACT OF ALL, and REQUIRING an anal condom and lubrication to even begin to bring it into a risky behavior!
Well, let's hope your mom used those things when she gave some man a "backstage pass".
KiMare wrote:
You never mention the issue of playing in fecal matter,
It's a sad thing your parents couldn't afford silly putty.

KiMare wrote:
because even denial has a hard time getting past that. Moreover, you prove the demeaning nature by your forklift backing up when anyone addresses the issue.
Instead you throw out the gay twirl mantra,'everybody does it', as if that makes it okay. Childish reasoning at the most.
All of this denies the obvious. If the anus had evolved for intercourse, it would be a vagina.
LOL. So when are straight men going to start turning down anal sex from women saying, "If the anus had evolved for intercourse, it would be a vagina.". And they have a vagina only an inch away.
KiMare wrote:
Instead, it ends up being a default hole because gays have no option for a vagina.
As to epi-marker mistakes, thank you for a the reference to study.
Your defense however is silly. Nature does have it's reasons, and the study is an example of humans understanding them.
In this case, epi-marker 'notes' are accidentally left on the genetic code of opposite gender children of a parent. They have even identified situations where the accident most often occurs.
It is quickly becoming obvious that reality will require GLBT's to face the fact that they are in the ranks of the genetically handicapped. I would suggest you will find far less opposition developing rights by operating from a basis of reality, that historically people know by intuition, rather than demanding that people accept your denial.
Think about it.

Speaking of being genetically handicapped:
Do you think you should have been aborted?
LOL!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the surrender argument. But losing a father isn't as great a loss as losing a mother, in terms of demographics. I'm not talking individual loss, loss of any parent is great and important; I'm talking about reproductive loss. Losing wives, mothers and sisters harms population growth more than losing fathers.
I've heard this argument from the pacifist left before; once the body bags of our daughters, mothers, wives and sisters come home, the will of the people vanishes like smoke and peace rules like the inevitability of death. I oppose that argument on the grounds of life.
LOL. You say things that make no sense.

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>People don't get to choose the gender they wish to marry;
Well, they should.
So, when are members of pro sports teams going to be forced to marry each other?
Brian_G wrote:
women get to choose the individual man, nobody can redefine marriage based on personal predilection.
If you respect women, respect law, DOMA and Proposition 8 were legally enacted law. If government won't enforce and defend law, vote them out for government that will.
Female soldiers shouldn't get to select which job they want, if they don't physically qualify. The reason there are now women in combat is because they don't meet the physical fitness requirements. Combat is very strenuous and forcing women what they are unfit to do causes death, illness and injury. Good leadership means healthy troops.
<quoted text>Keeping women out of combat units because the don't meet the physical fitness standards is just good sense.
But what about women who can? I'm sure I'm more physically fit than you. I can do a push up.
You are just a stupid, woman hating jerk.
Brian_G wrote:
Now, the military has separate standards for males and females, along with separate job descriptions. If women get combat status, they must meet physical standards, else the jeopardize mission, life and limb.
Leadership is making moral decisions; if the left insists on women in combat, then segregated units are the only way to succeed. Else, we're just self destructing by political polarization.
I've always written, there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. Private behavior is private, I don't care about sex lives, I care about law and its change. Keeping marriage law as is, one man one woman, is just good stewardship. Many homosexuals share my view that court imposed same sex marriage law is bad because it takes from the legitimacy of referendum democracy.
So, when will prison rape become legal?
LOLSER!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There is no gender equality right, combat is strenuous and women don't meet the standard, most men don't meet the standards, of combat unit physical fitness. I respect reality, gender equality doesn't exist.
That doesn't mean you can behave unfairly or neglect valuable assets; if the administration insists on women in combat, let it be in segregated units, for everyone's safety.
You hate women, we get that.

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>None have shown they can pass infantry or any combat MOS's physical fitness standards; that's why they don't qualify. Most men can't meet those physical fitness standards either; and our military strives for excellence. Lowering standards is a step backwards, toward defeat.
<quoted text>I support equal rights for gay people, just not special rights to rewrite marriage law.
What special right?
You homophobes always talk out of both sides of your mouth on this issue. Straight people would also be able to marry someone of the same sex.
Brian_G wrote:
I'm pro gay
Liar.
You hate gay people so much you can't even reason. You claim that prison rape will become legal if gay marriage does.
Brian_G wrote:
because I always write, there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality.

Also note, many gays and lesbians agree with us, bisexuals too!
Keep marriage as is because radical social change can be very bad. Very, very bad.
What? Members of pro-sports teams will be forced to marry each other?
You said they would. Has it happened yet in places that recognize gay marriage?
LOLSER!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
I will remember it though, when you think of champions of marriage equality.... you think... Utah!
( chuckle )
I guarantee you, just about no one else thinks that
I was purposely using the people you would hate. It draws out your inner bigot very nicely! And it maked you very uncomfortable. Good!

But of course there are less hate worthy polygamists, even gay polygamists. Perhaps you'll tell me they have a bad image too? Not worthy the same as the dreaded Utah people? Or do you give them a pass?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The huge difference is that straights have an option, gays don't.(snip)
LOL. Are you so stupid.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you should have been aborted?
LOL!
How about yourself? Do you think you should have been aborted? LOL!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít have an argument, I am not opposed, I would vote in favor if it ever came up.
I donít think all polygamists are bad, but the bad one are the only ones in the spotlight lately. You should do something about that.
It probably isnít going to come up because no one seems to be working on bringing it up from a legal perspective. We just have people totally obsessed with it that wine and complain but do nothing.
Frankie is clearly just a troll against gay marriage who is flying under false colors and using posts about polygamy to clog up the forum. How much you want to bet he has never, ever made a post in a forum about polygamy?(He either doesn't care about polygamy one way or another.)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes thats you.
Great argument Fruitcake.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie is clearly just a troll against gay marriage who is flying under false colors and using posts about polygamy to clog up the forum. How much you want to bet he has never, ever made a post in a forum about polygamy?(He either doesn't care about polygamy one way or another.)
Oh yes. Clearly.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why are you a racist?"
"Do you think you should have been aborted? LOL!"
"I hate you!"

Just a few of your posts. But mine, about MARRIAGE EQUALITY are fake. And I'm a troll. In Rose_NoHo lala land.

Marriage equality for everybody, even the dreaded fundie!

Marriage. There is no "one" right way!

You are a hypocrite.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops, meant to say:
He probably doesn't care about polygamy one way or another.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, except for the simple fact that the majority of gay folks don't engage in it, and the majority of straight folks have tried it.
And how would you go about identifying who is gay by this factor?
By this standard, the majority of folks would be gay, wouldn't they?
I think that means you are completely surrounded.
You're just making things up, as you go along, to cloud a very simple issue. Everything that Kimare said is correct.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
"Anal sex is the key identifying factor of gays."
hahahaahah
ahahahhahaha
ahhaahahahah
ahahahahahahahah
The rest of your post is equally laughable.
Cackle as hard as you wish, you do not have any power to invalidate legitimate facts. Cackle on, dudette.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great argument! Proves your point well.
P.S. What's your point?
That he can say "Bingo" ? Probably works very well for him, at the church socials.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops, meant to say:
He probably doesn't care about polygamy one way or another.
Aw shuddup, troll. No one cares what the troll thinks about me.

Why don't you give polygamy the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage?

And while you're at it, why are you a racist?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Well with spinach, if you are forced to have it when you are young, you find it more difficult to enjoy when you are older.
( sorry bad joke, but I have a pretty depraved sense of humor )
Actually, I also have a pretty twisted sense of humor, too, and can get on board with that.:-D

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antioch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 21 min guest 15,956
Police make a dozen arrests during SWAT team op... 9 hr Antioch sense1964 1
Antioch decides not to raise minimum wage 11 hr long dong fooey 3
Debate: Ferguson - Antioch, CA 11 hr long dong fooey 12
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 14 hr Either Or 4,992
2 Investigates: Used car dealership owner charg... Thu Phil Theehor 1
YES - Section 8 Neighbors Gone (Sep '12) Aug 18 WEILY COYOTE 18

Search the Antioch Forum:
•••

Antioch News Video

•••
•••

Antioch Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••