Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,790)

Showing posts 155,781 - 155,800 of200,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...If you
believe denying marriage to a relationship
will prevent love
If you
demand any committed relationship
has to be called marriage
If you
claim rights and benefits can only be acquired
by a imposition on marriage
If you
equate the diversity of two genders
with the redundancy of same genders
If you
desecrate the sacred tradition of all major religions
and violate the historic practice of every single culture in history
If you
believe a fundamental change to the building block of society
will have absolutely no affect
If you
think a law can change
the reality of crucial distinctions in relationships
If you
pretend duplicating sexuality
is the same as blending masculinity and femininity
If you
condemn some children to parents of only one gender
and deliberately deny some children one natural parent
If you
ignore the design of sexual union
to manipulate a harmful act
If you
violate evolution's law of reproduction
to equate a genetic dead end
If you
risk the healthiest human relationship
to include one of the unhealthiest
If you
parallel the sole birthplace of every other relationship
with one that can reproduce none
If you
dilute all these things
down to just 'a committed relationship of two people'
Then, and only then, can you equate same-sex unions with marriage.
Smile.
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the stream of consciousness, I suppose. Here are my responses in order if you are interested:
Love exists even in the void of marriage (for straight people and gay)
Lots of committed relationships have nothing to do with mar
riage (or sex)
Human rights are innate, not granted
Equate… diversity … redundancy.. what???
Surely, sacred religions aren’t afraid of the doing of you or I…
Violate history? Oh yeah, bring back slavery and the dark ages! Yipee!
Things don’t get better without change
Laws do change this – for instance the marriage tax credit
WTF is duplicating sexuality
So children of single parents are also condemned? Really?
WTF is design of sexual union
Evolution has no laws. Not one... none at all…
Pray tell, what is the unhealthiest relationship of all?(hint: it’s not SSM)
Reproduction doesn’t require marriage; and marriage does not imply kids
Dilute.. the..what, huh?
1. Which makes the gay (pun intended) claim that not having access to marriage stops love.

2. Of course rights are innate. However, certain rights are unique to select people/groups. You avoid answering the assertion; Why discriminate with only gays relationships instead of all relationships?

3. You don't need marriage to acquire any legitimate rights due a gay couple.

4. Another simpleton response... Using a classic analogy, Marriage is the union of Mars and Venus, Gay couples are the collision of Uranus and Uranus.

5. You are not just culturally insensitive, you are culturally stupid. All major religions hold marriage sacred. Calling gay couples married is a sacrilege.

Slavery and intellectual repression have been rejected over and over through history. Gay couples being designated married has never been accepted or legal in any culture from start to finish in all of human history. Simply because they are viewed as a defective distinct relationship.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

6. Your answer has nothing to do with my statement and makes an unproved, unlikely assumption.

7. You confuse innate distinctions with external issues. No law can equate a hetero couple with a homo couple.

8. The union of a male and female create a unique relationship. The redumbancy of a single gender is simply duplication.

9. According to social scientists, severely so. And according to the latest, largest and most scientific study of family types, children in lesbian homes fare even worse!

10. The male and female body are designed for sexual union. Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

11. Please re-study the fundamentals of evolution, it is not that complicated...

12. You are avoiding the point. Marriage is the healthiest relationship. Gay relationships are 'one of' the most unhealthy.

13. No one except a relationship that is totally desolate is asserting that marriage 'requires' procreation. It is simply expected. Please re-read the apple/walnut analogy again real slowely...

14. Please re-read the entire 'If You'. Then ignore all the distinctions noted and dumb down marriage to 'two people in a relationship'. Which simply means any relationship of two people is supposed to be called marriage. Which by the way, is discriminatory towards three or more people in a relationship...

Like I said, a buff ego with no head...

Smirk.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
10. The male and female body are designed for sexual union. Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Smirk.
but we are both male and female. what union or we designed for?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
but we are both male and female. what union or we designed for?
Plumber's union.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The real arguments include the probable consequences of introducing gender segregation to marriage.
LIke forced marriages in prison? Yeah, we've already seen just how many of those have occured in Canada. Perhaps you need to rethink, with some intelligence for a change, what those probable consequences might be before banging on about them.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
This argument, RIGHT HERE, sounds an awful lot like the one used to benefit the gays:
"The Browns present a strong argument that what they do in their home is their business. And the more they argue for privacy and rights to marry whomever they choose, the more it morphs into a parallel argument in favor of same-sex marriage. In fact, if Turley is right when he says that, in this marriage debate, we are truly concerned with liberty and protections for “private relations among consenting adults,” then the number should not matter any more than sex."
...doesn't it ? In fact, if we delete a couple of words..."then the number should not matter any more than sex.", then it is a carbon copy. As is proper. As Frank and I have been saying.
Smile. You're the guest star of "Ooops, Guess I F**ked Up Again"....Played nightly on Topix.
Oh no, I am on the right side of history, same sex marriage is legal now, in a growing number of states and countries.

You can cry and whine and pine for the "good old days" all you want, but it isn’t going to do you any good, same sex marriage will continue to become legal in more and more states

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>i agree and just like the boy scouts, it will be a matter of time when Churches will be sued that refuse a homosexual marriage.
1) the boy scouts are a club somewhat, open for all boys to join, unless of course if you are gay.

2) Who said you have to be married in a church? BTW there are a few churches that will preform a traditional marriage ceremony.
DorN

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

The topic of this blog is:“Judge overturns ban on same sex marriage in California.”
Everything else is off topic.
Of course homosexuals should have equal rights to legal marriage.
Everything else is off topic. I have seen both homosexual and heterosexuals display lust, and I have seem both homosexuals and heterosexuals display love. Only a couple should decide if they are in love and want to have the legal right to be married.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Those are you arguments against polygamy. They're stupid.
Not one of those arguments were against it, just pointing out some facts. I am not against it, I just dont care, as I know nothing is going to happen with it for a long long time.

Immoral religious degenerates have made absolutely certain of that.

If you think otherwise then build your case, put it on a ballot, have a vote, send it to the Supreme Court, but don’t be asking me for a donation because I could not care less. I already know the outcome of your efforts.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>i agree and just like the boy scouts, it will be a matter of time when Churches will be sued that refuse a homosexual marriage.
Wrong, a church is a private little club, they can refuse to marry people with blue eyes, they can refuse to marry someone because they are a republican.

This is not about some church or other, this is about legal marriage, which requires no church at all, no mention of any "holy books" or beliefs and can take place in your kitchen if you want it to with someone with the right paperwork and authorized by the state to do so.( I know, I have been to one of those )

Also, who is defending the rights of churches that WANT to preform same sex marriages and are being denied the right to do so? There are tens of thousands of those as well.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one of those arguments were against it, just pointing out some facts. I am not against it, I just dont care, as I know nothing is going to happen with it for a long long time.
Immoral religious degenerates have made absolutely certain of that.
If you think otherwise then build your case, put it on a ballot, have a vote, send it to the Supreme Court, but don’t be asking me for a donation because I could not care less. I already know the outcome of your efforts.
Wow! Imagine if someone posted similar hate, ignorance and bigotry against gay marriage.
BlueAlert

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

The shoe is on the other foot,now the hunter's have become the hunted?
Nay Nay

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

But it's completely acceptable to violate the constitution and mandate government healthcare.
I see how this works...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Imagine if someone posted similar hate, ignorance and bigotry against gay marriage.
What hate, I am explaining that any church can decide not to marry anyone for any reason they want, no matter how silly the reason, as their rules only apply to their little church.

I am defending a churches right to specifically deny doing a marriage regardless of the legality of same sex marriage.

learn to read
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Nay Nay wrote:
But it's completely acceptable to violate the constitution and mandate government healthcare.
I see how this works...
Government healthcare? What have you got against Medicare?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry wrong post I replied to

are you complaining about my hatred of Immoral religious child molesters?

Too bad
WW they thinking

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

A police officer has been demoted for sending sexually-explicit video to her boyfriend.

Lopez herself is now reportedly considering a lawsuit against the city.

Her lawyer explained that her case would be based on "constitutional issues over lawful off-duty behavior and violation of privacy."
WWJD

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Smoke out
WWJD

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Thank you Jesus
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry wrong post I replied to
are you complaining about my hatred of Immoral religious child molesters?
Too bad
No I am pointing out bigotry and ignorance in condemning a whole group due to the actions of a few.

There are some bad homosexuals too. Does that mean we should label all homosexuals bad? Of course not. But that is exactly what you are doing with polygamists.

Hope that helps.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,781 - 155,800 of200,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antioch Discussions

Search the Antioch Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 min summons 4,861
gay topix (Jun '13) 12 hr weare2 16
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 14 hr sloading 7,817
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 16 hr The right is wrong 2,225
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Fri This topics peaked 15,911
How do i delete a topic? Fri RagingReptar 1
Pittsburg man ID'd as victim in fatal Antioch s... Fri Mike M of Long Beach 1
•••
•••

Antioch News Video

•••
•••

Antioch Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••