Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#154951 Aug 15, 2012
Hey Numbnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
A. The opperative words are "estimate".
B. The report only tracked registered names of felons--NOT VOTES.
Hey numbnuts

In Hennepin County, 731 court record searches were performed (81% of the file). 289 were deemed to be
conclusive identity matches of felons who were not eligible to vote on November 4th of 2008. Another 161
records were deemed inconclusive due to incomplete or unclear public data.

I have proved my point. Voter fraud was/is a problem.

Now numbnuts, go and read the link/report V E R Y S L O W L Y.

Perhaps it will improve your comprehension. Your sophomoric stubborness is another story.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#154952 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the power of evolutionary survival of the fittest.
What I don't understand is WHY a lesbian would dress and act like a man to attract ANOTHER lesbian???
I've asked you more than three times M?M?M! Are you butch?
But even though I am not "butch" I can build things and fix things (except for cars never got into fixing cars)I can play most sports I try (except football never wanted to play football) I can be girly but I can also make a grown man cry and stand my ground if threatened.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#154953 Aug 15, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
The re Marriage ruling by the CSSC in May of 2008 took care of that. It's ruling went into effect at 5:01pm on the 16th of June 2008.
So, no law was passed by the legislature, no referendum was approved by the voters and no governor signed same sex marriage into law.

Same sex marriage is antidemocratic.

Location hidden

#154954 Aug 15, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
Oh my such anger! Did my honest answer hit a nerve or blow your theory? Ask a bunch of women why they dress the way they do, 9 out of 10 will tell you the same thing I did! Womens Lib, well yeah duh...welcome to this Century and half of the last one old fart - we don't need you anymore.
You say I am stereotyping women...WTF are you doing? Where is your proof that lesbians dress as men to attract women, source please? Rest assured I know much more about women than you do, I am a woman, remember??? Men can never figure us out! So how much, dear Kimare do you know about how and why women dress and why do you know such things? Oh yeah the lesbian in you...nevermind.
While you say you are a "redeemed cynic and a barbarian"...you quote the Bible frequently. Most likely a fundie! Ummmm you are not allowed to believe in evolution remember, that is evil? We all just came to be, the good book says so!
You are angry about the possibility of gay marriage because you spent your life trying to make your square peg fit...you now question your entire being. I am sorry for you!
Big grin
<quoted text>
Ok I will answer your question differently....
Some woman like to dress comfortably and short hair is so much less of a hassle.
Some woman dress and act like men becuase they feel that is who they are... some transition and become men and some are content with just the appearance.
Some woman go for the "butch" girls for different reasons. When I was younger I dated butch girls that looked more like guys because I lived in smaller town and when she looked more boy then girl we didnt get stared at and we could be out in public in peace. But no matter how boy she looked she didnt have the extra equipment. And even though the outside appearance looked one way when we were alone at home that is all that mattered not what others saw.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#154955 Aug 15, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you really enjoy bitch slapping, don't you? You are still pissed women won the right to vote!
Because everything I said was simply the truth, all you have is to assert lies on who I am.

Anything that can be destroyed by the truth should be.

Smile.

Location hidden

#154956 Aug 15, 2012
Marcia_Marcia_Marcia wrote:
<quoted text>
But even though I am not "butch" I can build things and fix things (except for cars never got into fixing cars)I can play most sports I try (except football never wanted to play football) I can be girly but I can also make a grown man cry and stand my ground if threatened.
So why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian? The ones I've talked to unanimously say "thats who I am".

And how does that relate to evolution? Our sexuality is rooted in evolutionary purpose, defined over millions of years. This makes no sense on so many levels!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#154957 Aug 15, 2012
And:

Same sex marriage is extralegal.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#154958 Aug 15, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>So, no law was passed by the legislature, no referendum was approved by the voters and no governor signed same sex marriage into law.
Same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
Actually our legislators TWICE passed Marriage Equality.....twice it was vetoed by the Governor and then it was handled through the Courts!!!

NO REFERENDUM NEEDS BE APPROVED BY THE VOTERS because this is a right, not up for a vote unless we are voting on the right to marry for ALL AMERICANS not just the Gays and Lesbians!!!

Location hidden

#154959 Aug 15, 2012
Marcia_Marcia_Marcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Some woman like to dress comfortably and short hair is so much less of a hassle.
Some woman dress and act like men becuase they feel that is who they are... some transition and become men and some are content with just the appearance.
Some woman go for the "butch" girls for different reasons. When I was younger I dated butch girls that looked more like guys because I lived in smaller town and when she looked more boy then girl we didnt get stared at and we could be out in public in peace. But no matter how boy she looked she didnt have the extra equipment. And even though the outside appearance looked one way when we were alone at home that is all that mattered not what others saw.
I sense a measure of honesty, but still a lot of stretching. I would attribute a lot of your reasons to experimenting and discovering for yourself, and not butch lesbians. I think the closest you came to answering is "that is who they are". I agree, but it still does not explain why. Especially in relation to evolutions dictates.
Hey Koch Zucker

United States

#154960 Aug 15, 2012
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey numbnuts
In Hennepin County, 731 court record searches were performed (81% of the file). 289 were deemed to be
conclusive identity matches of felons who were not eligible to vote on November 4th of 2008. Another 161
records were deemed inconclusive due to incomplete or unclear public data.
I have proved my point. Voter fraud was/is a problem.
Now numbnuts, go and read the link/report V E R Y S L O W L Y.
Perhaps it will improve your comprehension. Your sophomoric stubborness is another story.
289 + 161 = 450

Divide by 2008 Hennipin voters: 722777

Equals a 0.06% problem that you're spending how-much on?

Location hidden

#154961 Aug 15, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you make such a comment?? even if you were butch you are still kind of cute from what I can tell.
thank you.

Location hidden

#154962 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>BS

Your real hair color is blonde, isn't it?

Smile.
no but I have had blonde, pink, black, and brown hair.
Hey Koch Zucker

Pasadena, CA

#154963 Aug 15, 2012
FYI: your number is based on registrants. Mine is based on actual voters.

The resultant product of a matched voters to voters or natched registrants to registrants would be less than the 0.06 %.

MATH! It's fun!!!

Location hidden

#154964 Aug 15, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Most same sex marriage supporters post profanity. That's proof of intellectual bankruptcy.

Hey Brian wrote, "You know damn well that state had marriage equality prior to the passage of Prop 8. Gawd! You're tedious."

No, California had an outlaw mayor in San Francisco who, unilaterally issued same sex couples marriage licenses. There was no law passed to permit same sex marriage in California. On August 12, citing the mayor's lack of authority to bypass state law, the Supreme Court of California ruled that the marriages were void.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriag...

If I'm wrong, cite the California state law that allows same sex marriage, tell us when it was passed and signed by the governor.

We can go over this again, if you like. Patience is a virtue.
the other side post profanity also ( even though I have not) but I have been called a few not nice things if you look back at some replies to me without provocation and asked very inappropriate questions.
Reality

Madison, WI

#154965 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I sense a measure of honesty, but still a lot of stretching. I would attribute a lot of your reasons to experimenting and discovering for yourself, and not butch lesbians. I think the closest you came to answering is "that is who they are". I agree, but it still does not explain why. Especially in relation to evolutions dictates.
How does a persons attire or mannerisms affect a marriage. If two people wear a suit at their wedding does it make it anyless valid than a person in a tux and another in a dress? I wore a Kilt and my wife wore a dress is my marriage anyless valid than yours?

Location hidden

#154966 Aug 15, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you really enjoy bitch slapping, don't you? You are still pissed women won the right to vote!
sorry I accidentally replied on your thread instead of the original one that asked about the butch thing.

Location hidden

#154967 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>So why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian? The ones I've talked to unanimously say "thats who I am".

And how does that relate to evolution? Our sexuality is rooted in evolutionary purpose, defined over millions of years. This makes no sense on so many levels!

Location hidden

#154968 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>So why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian? The ones I've talked to unanimously say "thats who I am".

Some woman go for the "butch" girls for different reasons. When I was younger I dated butch girls that looked more like guys because I lived in smaller town and when she looked more boy then girl we didnt get stared at and we could be out in public in peace. But no matter how boy she looked she didnt have the extra equipment. And even though the outside appearance looked one way when we were alone at home that is all that mattered what others saw.

Location hidden

#154969 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>I sense a measure of honesty, but still a lot of stretching. I would attribute a lot of your reasons to experimenting and discovering for yourself, and not butch lesbians. I think the closest you came to answering is "that is who they are". I agree, but it still does not explain why. Especially in relation to evolutions dictates.
I can not answer who they are because I don't know. I love being a woman and do not want what a man has except it would be great to go to the bathroom outside anywhere.

“well, really...”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#154971 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Because everything I said was simply the truth, all you have is to assert lies on who I am.
Anything that can be destroyed by the truth should be.
Smile.
"The truth" in your limited World view...not the truth to many others. Asserting lies on who you are? Look buster I have no idea who you are except for what you post here. You have attacked me multiple times, my children and my love for my children (which you know nothing of). I would never attack your family or your wife - I have nothing but the utmost respect, admiration and sympathy for them. You on the other hand deserve no respect, you have done nothing to earn it. You reap what you sow!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antioch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Injury accident near Highway 4 in Antioch requi... Aug 20 James 1
News Antioch: Punishing students for big offenses ca... (Feb '17) Aug 13 Moving 4
Antioch Middle School Teacher hit in face (Jan '17) Aug 13 Moving 5
gay topix (Jun '13) Aug 8 Bjorn1969 44
Fraud Aug 7 Patricia steele9388 1
Why is Oakley turning into a section 8 haven ? (Jul '09) Jul 26 MisdirectedSectio... 38
Old School Autoworks (Jan '10) Jul 26 RLCC 39

Antioch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Antioch Mortgages