A call for Antioch drivers to slow th...

A call for Antioch drivers to slow their roll

There are 10 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Mar 22, 2013, titled A call for Antioch drivers to slow their roll. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

During a vigil last week marking the two-year anniversary of a crash that took the life of her 19-year-old son Pablo Garibay, the Antioch woman spontaneously stood in the shoulder of the four-lane thoroughfare to urge passers-by to drive cautiously.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

tom brady

United States

#1 Mar 24, 2013
Hell no we drivin
joe cuevas

Antioch, CA

#3 Mar 24, 2013
dum azz have some respect he was just a pasenger cant stant stupid people
sucka free guru

Pittsburg, CA

#4 Mar 24, 2013
they didnt care then, and they definitely dont care now!
Garcia

United States

#5 Mar 24, 2013
How can people be so disrespectful?!
Debby

San Leandro, CA

#7 Mar 25, 2013
Whoever wrote this article need double check their source,this is not the first fatal death on this road. May we all learn a lesson for all this tragic accidents and death. Pay attention while driving and never get into a car with someone who is intoxicated.
The equalizer

Pittsburg, CA

#9 Mar 30, 2013
Reading some of these comments makes me glad I can still own my assault rifle, let me tell you why...the same people who posted the lowdown dirty disrespectful comments are the same kinda people who would in a moment kick in your house door and rob and probably shoot you without any disregard for another's life...their comments pretty much show what their attitude is like towards their fellow man. If you come to my house with that attitude you best call your mama up first and say goodbye.
Andy

North Las Vegas, NV

#10 Mar 30, 2013
Its a dog eat dog world, today.

Only the strongest will survive..

Its me me me world
AreUfackinKiddin gMe

Brentwood, CA

#11 Mar 30, 2013
The equalizer wrote:
Reading some of these comments makes me glad I can still own my assault rifle, let me tell you why...the same people who posted the lowdown dirty disrespectful comments are the same kinda people who would in a moment kick in your house door and rob and probably shoot you without any disregard for another's life...their comments pretty much show what their attitude is like towards their fellow man. If you come to my house with that attitude you best call your mama up first and say goodbye.
Your .22 pea shooter isn't an assault rifle idiot, secondly I'm the LAST person you'd see illegally entering someones home. Jay-walking = free for all roadkill session. Didn't you get taught that as a kid? Don't walk in the street or else you gonna get F@#$ed up!
AreUfackinKiddin gMe

Brentwood, CA

#12 Mar 30, 2013
The equalizer wrote:
Oh yeah, shoot anyone entering your home and YOUR BALLS ARE GONNA BE HUNG BY THE JURY. But obviously you don't know the law pertaining to home invasions so. You just cant open fire on anyone entering your home idiot.
The equalizer

United States

#13 Apr 5, 2013
YOUR BALLS ARE GONNA BE HUNG BY THE JURY.
....let me help you with your ignorance of the law, the next time you see a police officer just ask him what your rights to self protection are in the event of a home invasion (feel free to write this question on a piece of paper to take with you), I did just that and the answer was:#1..if the invader has a knife,gun,baseball bat, pipe or whatever in his hand that he can injure or kill u with your life is classed as in imminent danger then you are allowed to use excessive force as in killing them,#2.. if they don't have a weapon you can shoot to maim, or injure to prevent a possible attack from taking place, but here's the most important part...if it occurs at night and you have the lights off in your residence and cannot see if the invader has a weapon you are,under law, allowed to assume he has a weapon and your life is in danger and can shoot to kill. Hate to burst your balloon on the hung by the balls comment and my previous post was not directed at you in particular so don't take it personally my brother, by the way it's not a 22 pea shooter it's a hoch 308 caliber, 30 round mag filled with hollow points so like I said before" it's best to call up your mama first and say goodbye".
Enjoy your day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antioch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burn Baby Burn hahaha 4 hr IRIS 2
25 Years of past FRAUD. 6 hr MaryBeth 1
Ookioch BBQ Jun 18 ACAB 2
CA EBT cards being used in Las Vegas, Hawaii, a... (Oct '10) Jun 18 ACAB 37
Pioneer Antoich Norteno Rapper Dies (Mar '07) Jun 14 Angie 1,590
News Antioch woman seeks help in search for missing ... Jun 11 Doc Ricketts 7
YES - Section 8 Neighbors Gone (Sep '12) Jun 11 ACAB 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Antioch Mortgages