Antioch Teen Killed In Vehicle Crash

Antioch Teen Killed In Vehicle Crash

There are 12 comments on the CBS 5 story from Dec 16, 2007, titled Antioch Teen Killed In Vehicle Crash. In it, CBS 5 reports that:

A 19-year-old Antioch resident was killed early Sunday morning when the vehicle he was driving struck a tree, Antioch police reported.

Christopher Riccabona had been heading westbound on James Donlon Boulevard in Antioch at about 12:23 a.m. when the vehicle he was driving struck a tree just west of Blythe Drive police reported.

The vehicle suffered major damage to the driver's side door and Riccabona was pronounced dead at the scene, police reported. He was the only person in the vehicle when it crashed. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS 5.

stephanie

United States

#1 Dec 16, 2007
we miss u chris...
Aunti Nene

San Rafael, CA

#2 Dec 17, 2007
I miss you so...
adz

Brentwood, CA

#3 Dec 18, 2007
why did he kill himself?
i witness

Santa Clara, CA

#4 Dec 18, 2007
i jus wanna say thaz sad.. i believe the timez isnt rite.. because sunday r0und 8ish my family were driving d0wn that r0ad h0me when the r0ad was 0nly 0ne lane instead 0f tw0. then we saw a l0t 0f pe0ple standing ar0und the tree having a mem0rial service.. i jus want t0 say g0d blees t0 his family
Aunti Nene

Mill Valley, CA

#5 Dec 22, 2007
Chris died when he lost control of his car (excessive speed) early Sunday morning (after midnight Saturday).

I love you Christopher Michael Riccabona.
SARAH

United States

#6 Dec 31, 2007
I will miss you Boner. I'm sorry this had to happen to you. I still cant believe that your gone. REST IN PEACE. YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!
sarah w

Walnut Creek, CA

#7 Jan 12, 2008
we love you riccabona fam. we pray for you everyday <3
deflating dreams

San Jose, CA

#8 Jan 13, 2008
3 have died in a 1 mile radias from accidents. 2 on JD and 1 on Lonetree just a few blocks south of JD and Lonetree way. The speed limit is 45. These are narrow 2 and 3 lane roads. why not 35 for lonetree and 25 for JD? its 45 miles and hour on all roads. this isn't a small town with cornfields anymore. it's not a small metropolitan region. It's houses crammed together with thousands of cars every hour. and when H4 opens this next week (or did they stall that project?), lonetree will have much fewer cars. Fewer cars mean less accidents but when cars a bunched up in a traffic jam, there is little chance of being in a deadly accident (unless your a pedestrian). now that half the traffic will rerout to Hillcrest and the new H4 bypass, Lonetree will be a racetrack. They should slow it down to 35.
dan

United States

#9 May 7, 2008
"we have you in our prayers"
Gina

Windsor, CA

#10 May 7, 2008
i miss y0u Chris.
elizabeth

United States

#11 Jul 26, 2011
adz wrote:
why did he kill himself?
you were not in the car with him. he and God were the only ones there that knows what happended. thats not fair to anyone to say that.
Double Standard Laws

Pittsburg, CA

#12 Jul 27, 2011
J.D> Blvd has lots of crashes and pedestrian deaths. All those turns and I still believe the speed limit is 45? or did they slow it down? I was just thinking about this the other day. There is a turn on LoneTree when you turn off of J.D. and head southeast. I believe before you get to Dallas Ranch. It's 45 miles an hour. That's near highway speeds. Kids have to cross the light there and at golf/bluerock as well. They need a foot bridge like they have on ygnacio in Walnut Creek. They build a pedestrian arch bridge in Walnut Creek for bike riders but the state wont pay for one for the children of South East Antioch?? Time the lights better and slow the traffic to 35. On first rainy days of the season it's very slick and the turns on James and Lonetree are very sharp. P.S. this is not for the liberal attorneys to take advantage of. We're already being forced to file bankruptsy from what I read last year. We're the next fairfield.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antioch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pioneer Antoich Norteno Rapper Dies (Mar '07) Thu LICKS5DUB 1,598
How to Report Section 8 Fraud (Mar '11) Nov 29 Jame 118
is pittsburg ghetto? (Aug '07) Nov 28 Hey 234
News Family Shocked to Find 56 Pro-Trump Flags on Fr... Nov 27 Lisa Stevenson 1
complaint re. east bay times newspaper Nov 26 CJW 1
News Volunteer banned from Mt. Diablo school campuse... Nov 23 Rbalovich 1
What can be done when a false fraud claim has ... Nov 17 Bonnie Hahn 1

Antioch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance