Antioch: Pedestrian killed, driver arrested after early-morning crash, police say

Feb 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Marin Independent Journal

A 28-year-old Antioch man was arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter early Saturday morning after his car lost control, struck a tree and killed a pedestrian, police said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
just a friend

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

My Prayers go out to BOTH FAMILIES. This is such a shock!!!
firstresponder

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Having signed a NDA I cannot go into details. I wish I could.
I know his Dad up in Sac is in bad shape...
firstresponder

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

My condolences to his Family and Friends.
just a friend

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

firstresponder wrote:
Having signed a NDA I cannot go into details. I wish I could.
I know his Dad up in Sac is in bad shape...
Who's Dad? G's?
firstresponder

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

just a friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's Dad? G's?
Nooooo, the ped killed. Forget the driver!
just a friend

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Have they released the ped name officially yet?
nurse with a heart

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Yes prayers go out to both families! It is devastating and we don't know and of the circumstances! I don't believe the grocer set out to kill anyone!@ dopey boy, you sound illiterate!
nurse with a heart

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

The driver*
ripVellalways

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

First responder what do you mean by you signed NDA what is that suppose to mean? Where u even there do u know what really happen? If so I would like to know and for tge young man that ended my cousins life I Do Not Feel SORRY for him At ALL esp if he was under the influence he knew better he didnt just end one life he affected Millions my cousin was well LOVED by everyone,he was a young man full of life
GeraldMassey

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

ripVellalways wrote:
First responder what do you mean by you signed NDA what is that suppose to mean? Where u even there do u know what really happen? If so I would like to know and for tge young man that ended my cousins life I Do Not Feel SORRY for him At ALL esp if he was under the influence he knew better he didnt just end one life he affected Millions my cousin was well LOVED by everyone,he was a young man full of life
My health being very much impaired, I knew not but that I should be the next one called away, but the Lord spared me for some other purpose, and upon my recovery I commenced traveling again, feeling it better to wear out than to rust out--and so expect to do until death ends the struggle-- knowing, if I lose my life for Christ's sake, I shall find it again.

I now conclude ---by requesting the prayers of God's people everywhere, who worship in His holy fear, to pray for me, that I ever may endeavor to keep a conscience void of offence, either towards God or man--for I feel as anxious to blow the Trumpet in Zion; and sound the alarm in God's Holy Mount, as ever;--
SchfartzaHunter

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Here is the arrest report for APD, http://www.ci.antioch.ca.us/CityGov/Police/cr... in this report you'll find Gerald Massey's arrest report.
Vech manslaughter WITH 23152!! No surprise dude was either on some crank (whats new) or drunk as a skunk.
Corri

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

ripVellalways wrote:
Hey I'm a very long time friend of vell, i drive by the scene everyday and think about him. Do you know what ended up happening the driver??? Or if he was drunk or high?? I never got any answers
American pavement ape

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

it was a reggie that was driving, so inherently drunk, high or both while driving.
sikes

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Tragic.i kno the driver.grew up with him . honestly gerald wouldnt harm a fly.my heart goes out to the victims family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Antioch Forum right now

Search the Antioch Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 50 min ALL GAYS REPENT 200,202
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Helpful Hank 4,838
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Bruno24 15,910
Pittsburg man ID'd as victim in fatal Antioch s... 4 hr Mike M of Long Beach 1
Pioneer Antoich Norteno Rapper Dies (Mar '07) 5 hr SebastianTC559 1,558
KKK Now Active In Antioch (Oct '11) 18 hr Beyonce from the south 24
Antioch: Shooting near Delta View Apartments wo... Wed muh dik 9
•••
•••

Antioch News Video

•••
•••

Antioch Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000