Antioch: Pedestrian killed, driver arrested after early-morning crash, police say

Feb 2, 2013 Full story: Marin Independent Journal 14

A 28-year-old Antioch man was arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter early Saturday morning after his car lost control, struck a tree and killed a pedestrian, police said.

Full Story
just a friend

Pittsburg, CA

#2 Feb 2, 2013
My Prayers go out to BOTH FAMILIES. This is such a shock!!!
firstresponder

Pittsburg, CA

#3 Feb 2, 2013
Having signed a NDA I cannot go into details. I wish I could.
I know his Dad up in Sac is in bad shape...
firstresponder

Pittsburg, CA

#4 Feb 2, 2013
My condolences to his Family and Friends.
just a friend

Pittsburg, CA

#5 Feb 3, 2013
firstresponder wrote:
Having signed a NDA I cannot go into details. I wish I could.
I know his Dad up in Sac is in bad shape...
Who's Dad? G's?
firstresponder

Pittsburg, CA

#6 Feb 3, 2013
just a friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's Dad? G's?
Nooooo, the ped killed. Forget the driver!
just a friend

Pittsburg, CA

#8 Feb 3, 2013
Have they released the ped name officially yet?
nurse with a heart

United States

#9 Feb 4, 2013
Yes prayers go out to both families! It is devastating and we don't know and of the circumstances! I don't believe the grocer set out to kill anyone!@ dopey boy, you sound illiterate!
nurse with a heart

United States

#10 Feb 4, 2013
The driver*
ripVellalways

United States

#12 Feb 8, 2013
First responder what do you mean by you signed NDA what is that suppose to mean? Where u even there do u know what really happen? If so I would like to know and for tge young man that ended my cousins life I Do Not Feel SORRY for him At ALL esp if he was under the influence he knew better he didnt just end one life he affected Millions my cousin was well LOVED by everyone,he was a young man full of life
GeraldMassey

Pittsburg, CA

#13 Feb 8, 2013
ripVellalways wrote:
First responder what do you mean by you signed NDA what is that suppose to mean? Where u even there do u know what really happen? If so I would like to know and for tge young man that ended my cousins life I Do Not Feel SORRY for him At ALL esp if he was under the influence he knew better he didnt just end one life he affected Millions my cousin was well LOVED by everyone,he was a young man full of life
My health being very much impaired, I knew not but that I should be the next one called away, but the Lord spared me for some other purpose, and upon my recovery I commenced traveling again, feeling it better to wear out than to rust out--and so expect to do until death ends the struggle-- knowing, if I lose my life for Christ's sake, I shall find it again.

I now conclude ---by requesting the prayers of God's people everywhere, who worship in His holy fear, to pray for me, that I ever may endeavor to keep a conscience void of offence, either towards God or man--for I feel as anxious to blow the Trumpet in Zion; and sound the alarm in God's Holy Mount, as ever;--
SchfartzaHunter

Pittsburg, CA

#14 Feb 8, 2013
Here is the arrest report for APD, http://www.ci.antioch.ca.us/CityGov/Police/cr... in this report you'll find Gerald Massey's arrest report.
Vech manslaughter WITH 23152!! No surprise dude was either on some crank (whats new) or drunk as a skunk.
Corri

Antioch, CA

#15 Aug 30, 2013
ripVellalways wrote:
Hey I'm a very long time friend of vell, i drive by the scene everyday and think about him. Do you know what ended up happening the driver??? Or if he was drunk or high?? I never got any answers
American pavement ape

Pittsburg, CA

#16 Aug 31, 2013
it was a reggie that was driving, so inherently drunk, high or both while driving.
sikes

United States

#17 Mar 12, 2014
Tragic.i kno the driver.grew up with him . honestly gerald wouldnt harm a fly.my heart goes out to the victims family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antioch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Concord: Prosecutors decline to file charges in... Mon Pamela purple 4
Man hit a Pick-up Truck mirror with his fist. Nov 20 Scared in Antioch 1
srction 8 faud Nov 19 kirsten carlisle 2
gay topix (Jun '13) Nov 19 Camwank 18
Belle's wife writes to defend Jeff, says he ran... Nov 18 David Love 2
Old School Autoworks (Jan '10) Nov 18 1badbro 10
Two Antioch Shootings Last Night! (Jul '10) Nov 18 el diablo 56

Antioch News Video

Antioch Dating
Find my Match