Antioch: Girl, 14, struck and killed while crossing street

Feb 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: San Jose Mercury News

The incident was reported about 6:42 p.m. at the intersection of Hillcrest Avenue and Hidden Glen Drive, according to Antioch police Sgt.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Carmen B

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Thesedrivers need to slow down on Hillcrest. I see kids speeding down this road while on their cell phones smoking drugs in their car and just not caring of other cars around them swirving from lane to lane causing chaos.These are young drivers most african american.
SchfartzaHunter

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Carmen B wrote:
Thesedrivers need to slow down on Hillcrest. I see kids speeding down this road while on their cell phones smoking drugs in their car and just not caring of other cars around them swirving from lane to lane causing chaos.These are young drivers most african american.
CCTIMES wrote:
The investigation will continue, but police said early Friday that alcohol and the speed of the vehicle did not appear to be factors in the collision.
Obviously he wasn't speeding, nor were drugs/alcohol in his system. Now I'm not defending this guy at all, but people just CANNOT assume.
Anon

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

at Carmen...Your assumptions say a whole lot more about you then whoever you are trying to point fingers at.
Doyle rules

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Maybe people should stop jaywalking, use the crosswalk, and actually wait for their turn to cross the street. COMMON SENSE!
Saddened

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Doyle rules wrote:
Maybe people should stop jaywalking, use the crosswalk, and actually wait for their turn to cross the street. COMMON SENSE!
You people need to keep your stupid remarks to yourself. A child just lost her life.
What gives you the right to assume that jaywalking was the case. Were you there?
concerned

Brentwood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Carmen is pretty much on the money what she posted. I drive through that intersection everyday and see the same thing, what do I need as proof a video camera to get through to people! It breaks my heart to see small kids ages 6-13 crossing this intersection not using the cross walk many times over thinking it's a matter of time. Teenagers on the cell phone , blunt smoking like we don't know whats in that swishersweet? My wife was almost hit twice as well as myself. there have been at least a handfull of deaths at or near this intersection. We have given this road a new name, "Kill Crest". I can not believe there are parents that would let there young kids walk alone at a young age in this crazy world we live in and expect them to be walking through the front door? There have been many times i roll down my window to tell the kids to be careful or use the walk signal, all i get most of the time is mind your own business and a few other choice of words from these ghetto poverty kids. Its just a matter of time another incident will take place and another tragic loss. Wake the hell hell up people and voice your concern whether it's yelling at these kids to use the cross signal and /or telling their parents to frickin get your lazy ass off the couch and start walking your kids to and from school.
wildorchids

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Carmen B wrote:
I can't believe you would say that I see white people smoking dope on hillcrest too and Mexicans and Asians!
wildorchids

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

SchfartzaHunter wrote:
<quoted text>CCTIMES wrote, "The investigation will continue, but police said early Friday that alcohol and the speed of the vehicle did not appear to be factors in the collision."

Obviously he wasn't speeding, nor were drugs/alcohol in his system. Now I'm not defending this guy at all, but people just CANNOT assume.
I agree the person that hit her must feel aweful! No matter what Color! I don't understand why stupid people have to bring Color into it!!! Stupid person a life was taken a little girl
wildorchids

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

concerned wrote:
Carmen is pretty much on the money what she posted. I drive through that intersection everyday and see the same thing, what do I need as proof a video camera to get through to people! It breaks my heart to see small kids ages 6-13 crossing this intersection not using the cross walk many times over thinking it's a matter of time. Teenagers on the cell phone , blunt smoking like we don't know whats in that swishersweet? My wife was almost hit twice as well as myself. there have been at least a handfull of deaths at or near this intersection. We have given this road a new name, "Kill Crest". I can not believe there are parents that would let there young kids walk alone at a young age in this crazy world we live in and expect them to be walking through the front door? There have been many times i roll down my window to tell the kids to be careful or use the walk signal, all i get most of the time is mind your own business and a few other choice of words from these ghetto poverty kids. Its just a matter of time another incident will take place and another tragic loss. Wake the hell hell up people and voice your concern whether it's yelling at these kids to use the cross signal and /or telling their parents to frickin get your lazy ass off the couch and start walking your kids to and from school.
I do agree
Bridgett

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

The young girl that was killed went to my church and attended the youth group. It doesn't matter what race she is or the person driving the car, how poor or rich she was, or how old the driver was. A young girl lost her life, stop fighting eachother, and begin to love one another, because the real enemy is working over time while we bicker behind the courage of our own screens.
SchfartzaHunter

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

wildorchids wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree the person that hit her must feel aweful! No matter what Color! I don't understand why stupid people have to bring Color into it!!! Stupid person a life was taken a little girl
I'm not bringing color into it, I don't know if that was directed towards me or not. I feel for the family of the girl. Seeing lifeline take off yesterday towards Children's Oakland, I had a feeling she wasn't going to make it. Then hearing Calstar radio in the conditions of the girl to Children's didn't make it any better.
Abby

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

The main focus the young lady lost her life,now something needs too be done about speeding in that area,also I think the city needs to lower the speed limit too 35 and put speed bumps in that area.So no one else will lose their life.God Bless the family.
Krystina

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Doyle rules wrote:
I'm not defending anyone in this situation. It is terrible that this young girl lost her life at just the age of 14. However, I think people should use the crosswalk more. I've seen kids run across the street trying to dodge cars. It's so scary to me. I go much slower around the corners on Hillcrest just for the reason.
Of-nasan Ussom

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

concerned wrote:
Kill-Crest. Is THAT a bread!?
Mrs Diablo

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Saddened wrote:
<quoted text>
You people need to keep your stupid remarks to yourself. A child just lost her life.
What gives you the right to assume that jaywalking was the case. Were you there?
SHE WAS JWALKN
very confused

Brentwood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Abby wrote:
The main focus the young lady lost her life,now something needs too be done about speeding in that area,also I think the city needs to lower the speed limit too 35 and put speed bumps in that area.So no one else will lose their life.God Bless the family.
You are brilliant! I agree with you so much that I think we need speed bumps on train tracks too. The trains go too fast ya know.
obammy mammy

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

ban everything! after all, banning guns will stop all murder, banning drugs will stop all drug use, so banning speeding will stop all traffic accidents!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Antioch Forum right now

Search the Antioch Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 12 min josphd 199,074
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr Activity 15,657
Antioch: Robber slain, customer wounded during ... 21 hr dwayne johnson 11
Pittsburg's 1st Homicide of 2014 Was Shot Befor... 21 hr dwayne johnson 7
Early Antioch homebuilder Ralph Garrow Sr. dies... 22 hr Hometown 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Tue Bag itts 4,551
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Tue lug heads 7,298
•••
•••

Antioch News Video

•••
•••

Antioch Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Antioch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE