Antioch - 3 SHOOTINGS in less than 10...
Fido Dawg

Alameda, CA

#69 Jun 24, 2007
people should fight on this site. cause that's productive
elusivebreath

United States

#70 Jun 24, 2007
Fido Dawg wrote:
people should fight on this site. cause that's productive
This actually did make me "lol" ... I've been reading this site for a couple of weeks now and that about sums it up!
American Voter

Antioch, CA

#71 Jun 25, 2007
Bay Point is being strong armed by the city as well.

They are building new homes on driftwood.. and they want the hood to suddenly look more appealing to the suckers who will pay outrageous land taxes.

They went on one street in shore acres last week spray painting the sidewalks.. the worker said that the city wants the sidewalk to look better for the new homes.. but they don't want to pay for it.. so they are putting it on the home owner 100%.

PG & E is also looking to stick it to the ghetto.. rumor is starting labor day weekend there will be scheduled "rolling blackouts" for bay point starting at 8pm Friday evening and lasting the weekend.. So off at 8pm on at 8am.. Guess they want to see how many old people they can kill from heat stroke.

It wouldn't sound so bad if they spread the fake rolling blackouts around contra costa county.. but that would piss off the areas with enough legal citizens to do something about it.

Speaking of illegals.. did you hear how the illegal allien cart pushers are the new target for the local bay point crack heads?

I guess 2 cart pushers were robbed the other day.. Im always happy when thousands of my tax dollars are spent on the helicopter flying around looking for the citizens that robbed the illegals.. America is fubar.
woooo woooo

Walnut Creek, CA

#72 Jul 28, 2007
The U.S. Department of Justice today announced indictments against 11 people alleged to be part of an Antioch-based identity theft ring responsible for stealing more than 240 identities and using them to open more than 850 charge accounts.
The ring stole personal information from car dealerships, mortgage companies and online credit reporting companies across the state and formed two companies, dubbed The BIZZ and Dangerous Krew, to handle the fraud, according to the indictments.

Using stolen names and Social Security numbers, the group allegedly opened fraudulent charge accounts at 24 retailers, eventually stealing thousands of dollars worth of merchandise.

The 11 suspects took themselves so seriously that they made business cards, an organizational chart and a handbook for how to open credit accounts using the stolen identities, according to the indictment.

The group's five leaders gave themselves titles, including president, sales executive and administrative chairman.

Named in the indictments are: Andre Matthews, Tyhesia Bacon, Jerry Green, Alicia Johnson, Levi Enriquez, Kenyata Williams, Ashaki Green, Kelvin Arnold, Cory Kautzman, Danielle Reyes and Bobby Alexander. All live in or near Antioch.

In late May, four members of the group, including Matthews, who was identified as the alleged mastermind, set up offices in a Best Western motel in Antioch.

All 11 are facing felony charges of identity theft that carry up to 15 years in prison and a
Onward n Awkward

Oakley, CA

#73 Jul 28, 2007
It was probably that UCBN crowd working the neighborhood again.
They promise a "Quality of life" but what they mean is their's.
Victoria

Fremont, CA

#74 Sep 13, 2007
Well i personally think that it has nothing to do with if your black or not why is that people think of violence and they automatically think of black people. what about all the white people that are committing crimes.
Victoria

Fremont, CA

#75 Sep 13, 2007
Bull shite i have called the police many of times and they don't do nothing. Its as if they don't give a shite about all that is happening here. I have lived here all my life and i have an 8 year old son but i can tell you one thing once i finish school im taking me and my son out of here. who really wants to live in a place where society dosn't give a fuck and either does the police.
Shaker

San Jose, CA

#76 Sep 13, 2007
You people here in East County should see the patterns of how crimes are reported by News Papers. Why is it a San Francisco Newspaper is reporting something as micky mouse as BB Gun vandalism is important enough to be placed in a Major news paper 70 miles away? Its because they're trying to taint this cities image to help control real estate values out here. San Francisco is displacing as many Blacks as they can and found Brentwood, Antioch and Oakley the perfect place to put them. I bet you anything much of the homes being bought up out here are by huge investment groups who intend on renting the homes out. There are laws against this. If they're not reporting to the Government that these are investment properties, they're ripping off the system by paying fewer taxes. But because they're private investors, they probably don't borrow monies from Banks. Anytime anyone complains about it, they get their ACLU or UCBN or whoever's lawyers to step in and defend those trouble tenants who live free off the state. They pay for their legal fee's just so those people wont move back to San Francisco. We're a dumping ground for low income people. Sorry if that's not Politically Correct but I'm not the one dumping them here. They Are. People of Antioch are being tricked.
tdb

United States

#77 Oct 27, 2007
antioch is going down faster than ever. i grew up there and there were many murder victims in the area. witnessing a murder was nothing new. i suggest everyone moves away
core

Windsor, CA

#78 Oct 28, 2007
tdb wrote:
antioch is going down faster than ever. i grew up there and there were many murder victims in the area. witnessing a murder was nothing new. i suggest everyone moves away
You're kind of contradicting yourself there. If it's "going down fast" but we always had murders here.. then you should have stated "this is nothing new". I don't know when Antioch had ever had lots of murders. I look at the trend since the early 1990s (censes reports) and Antioch had many years with zero murders. I don't think Antioch had tons of murders in the 80s or 70s as well. You compare population with the number of murders and you can see that the growing population has nothing to do with the fact the percentage is going up. It's as simple as this. 5 years ago, I would walk comfortably at night not only on the streets of Antioch but in the bike paths as well. I wont even walk on litted streets at nigth let alone in a bike path after dark. Even in the day time, The bike paths are used by thugs as escape routs. once they get on these mazes of bike paths, it's hard to find them if they harm someone or rob or steal.
Sharon Lee GARNER Lee

Chesterfield, MO

#79 Oct 28, 2007
I grew up in Antioch, on Dennis Drive-We rode our bikes, and skated daily, walked to school with out concern for our safty. Played outside, all day--had time limits and followed them and were home when we were suppost to be. What a shame, the chldren of today--can not get out and play, for the few that make things hard for everyone.

I now live in Oklahoma, a very small town.[20 to 25, in the graduating class each year here--to the over 300 in 1964, there in Antioch.]

I miss the old Antioch, where you could walk after dark, with your baby in a stroller, in 1966, without problem. Yes, there was a few problems but nothing like I have read on these pages. So depressing to see that wonderful town have so many problems. I for one miss the town I grew up in and went through school in. Kimball-Antioch, Jr & SR High, but I would not want to move back there now.

Many of my family are buried in the Oak View Memorial Park Cemetery, there. Glad they are not seeing, what is happening, not only to Antioch, but to numerous communities, in these United States. The only way to help make a difference--is to report all illegal activity--it may save a life. On a visit there in July of 1997--Antioch, had grown so much, I didn't reconize many of the places I had been as a child. Now 61. I do know it takes every one working towards a common goal to get anything done. I miss Antioch, the old one. Sharon
Antioch lifer

San Francisco, CA

#80 Jun 4, 2008
I have lived in Antioch my whole life... I can pinpoint exactly when the s**t hit the fan... it's definitely when section 8 people moved in. I don't give a damn what people say. It is the OBVIOUS. Black people try to say that white people have the same problem as them and compare their social problems to non-black social problems... sorry. I really don't see a non-black individual trying to move into a predominantly black neighborhood as much as black people trying to move into a predominantly white neighborhood. Why? because white neighborhoods are safer. Then they all move in and bring their crime and social problems with them, then what do white people do? The move away and let it become a predominantly black neighborhood. It was in a Saturday night live skit with Eddie Murphy at least ten years ago when he was singing the Mr. Roger's song. It happens over and over again not only in Antioch, but the whole country. It's just starting now in Antioch. Long-time residents are just whining and complaining because they know that the inevitable is that they'll have to move somewhere else and let the black people stay and live in their crime infested neighborhoods as usual... yawwwwwnnnn. Guess I better start packing up my boxes.:P
Sam

San Jose, CA

#82 Jun 9, 2008
Rant Part 1

Wow, this is kinda late. Still I just want to put my own two cents in because I feel that, in this discussion, Black teens have not had a voice.

I am 16 years old and I have been living in Antioch for 11 years now. It is true that when I first moved to Antioch, in 1997, things were different. But I wasn't the first black child in my first grade class. I remember Antioch as being diverse; the kids in my school came from so many backgrounds with many different heritages. Race didn't matter--that is, until we got into Middle School. That's when it became all the rage for kids to wear their pants sagging and the "925" "Bay Area" tees came into fashion. Rap culture was big, and everyone was swept up in it. In the sixth grade my friend Jess, a blond cheerleader, knew Nelly and the St. Lunatic's "Air Force One" song by heart. I understand that throughout history adult are always worried about the later generations being too wild and I used to shrug at the fact that people tend to glare at kids who are into the rap fashion...

But then I read some of the comments made by adult whites in this discussion and it shocked me. You throw out Rap and claim that(which, by the way, is not truly a part of black culture anyway considering it's funded by white owned media & mostly purchased by white suburbanites) and claim that Blacks kids who are into it are no good. As a teen I can tell you that while I know of Black kids who cause problems for this town I know of just as many Whites, Asians, Latinos, Tongans, ect. who are into that crap. They wear the fashions too, but you're not looking at the rap stuff. You're looking at race! Black, White, Asian, Latino, Tongan, ect.; I know kids of all those races who do stupid stuff! I mean, graffiti has increased in Antioch and yet the only kids I ever hear bragging about their latest tag job are White kids. But you non-Black adults don't want to see that, do you? You overlook the fact that your kids have done, and will do, stupid stuff too. But it's so much easier to point the finger of blame at someone else's kid, and that is almost always a Black kid.
Sam

San Jose, CA

#83 Jun 9, 2008
Rant Part II
(I live in Antioch, not Brentwood BTW)
But then I read some of the comments made by adult whites in this discussion and it shocked me. You throw out Rap and claim that(which, by the way, is not truly a part of black culture anyway considering it's funded by white owned media & mostly purchased by white suburbanites) and claim that Blacks kids who are into it are no good. As a teen I can tell you that while I know of Black kids who cause problems for this town I know of just as many Whites, Asians, Latinos, Tongans, ect. who are into that crap. They wear the fashions too, but you're not looking at the rap stuff. You're looking at race! Black, White, Asian, Latino, Tongan, ect.; I know kids of all those races who do stupid stuff! I mean, graffiti has increased in Antioch and yet the only kids I ever hear bragging about their latest tag job are White kids. But you non-Black adults don't want to see that, do you? You overlook the fact that your kids have done, and will do, stupid stuff too. But it's so much easier to point the finger of blame at someone else's kid, and that is almost always a Black kid.
I'm one of those "non-threatening" Blacks. The one who you'd never expect to do anything wrong. I'm quiet, pretty laid back-preppy in style. My friends are many different races so when you see my mixed group hanging around no one assumes we're up to no good. But then you see Black kids walking around in groups and--OMG! Kids aren't just sitting around all day in front of the TV or Computer but are actually going outside?!--you automatically believe they want to cause problems.
People who think like this are so ignorant and as much as I want to say it's no big deal it just is. I'm so sick of the amount of prejudice there is in this world. I used to think that people like MLK and the Civil Rights movement and the Hippie Movement might have made people realize just how stupid it is to look at someone and judge them, not by their character, but by some unfair preconceived image. It's scary to think that nothing has really changed and to know that these people who have these images will continue to defile the black image and spread those images to their children! And then what? The cycle never ends...
I can't make the few Black kids who do stupid stuff do right because I don't have that power. I can't make any other teen do what's right. But you have to remember something; kids so stupid stuff, not just Black kids! Not just any one group. The problem in Antioch is a mixture of a town that has been in need of a new council (thanks, adults!) and many teenagers who are...just being teenagers.
As for the violence, there are a few horrible incidents but most of the issues between kids and the police are small stuff. The bigger issues are things that adult do, most of the homicides from last year were the result of white adults in domestic disputes...
The town has issues as a whole, so lets not try to throw the blame on someone else! Live about the ignorance and try to be above stupid stereotypes!
Sam

San Jose, CA

#84 Jun 9, 2008
Wow, this is kinda late. Still I just want to put my own two cents in because I feel that, in this discussion, Black teens have not had a voice.

I am 16 years old and I have been living in Antioch for 11 years now. It is true that when I first moved to Antioch, in 1997, things were different. But I wasn't the first black child in my first grade class. I remember Antioch as being diverse; the kids in my school came from so many backgrounds with many different heritages. Race didn't matter--that is, until we got into Middle School. That's when it became all the rage for kids to wear their pants sagging and the "925" "Bay Area" tees came into fashion. Rap culture was big, and everyone was swept up in it. In the sixth grade my friend Jess, a blond cheerleader, knew Nelly and the St. Lunatic's "Air Force One" song by heart. I understand that throughout history adult are always worried about the later generations being too wild and I used to shrug at the fact that people tend to glare at kids who are into the rap fashion...
Sam

San Jose, CA

#85 Jun 9, 2008

Sam

San Jose, CA

#86 Jun 9, 2008
(sorry, it screwed up)

Part II

I'm one of those "non-threatening" Blacks. The one who you'd never expect to do anything wrong. I'm quiet, pretty laid back-preppy in style. My friends are many different races so when you see my mixed group hanging around no one assumes we're up to no good. But then you see Black kids walking around in groups and--OMG! Kids aren't just sitting around all day in front of the TV or Computer but are actually going outside?!--you automatically believe they want to cause problems.

People who think like this are so ignorant and as much as I want to say it's no big deal it just is. I'm so sick of the amount of prejudice there is in this world. I used to think that people like MLK and the Civil Rights movement and the Hippie Movement might have made people realize just how stupid it is to look at someone and judge them, not by their character, but by some unfair preconceived image. It's scary to think that nothing has really changed and to know that these people who have these images will continue to defile the black image and spread those images to their children! And then what? The cycle never ends...

I can't make the few Black kids who do stupid stuff do right because I don't have that power. I can't make any other teen do what's right. But you have to remember something; kids so stupid stuff, not just Black kids! Not just any one group. The problem in Antioch is a mixture of a town that has been in need of a new council (thanks, adults!) and many teenagers who are...just being teenagers.

As for the violence, there are a few horrible incidents but most of the issues between kids and the police are small stuff. The bigger issues are things that adult do, most of the homicides from last year were the result of white adults in domestic disputes...

The town has issues as a whole, so lets not try to throw the blame on someone else! Live about the ignorance and try to be above stupid stereotypes!
Jeff From Antioch

Dublin, CA

#87 Jun 10, 2008
I think it's time to form a vigilante committe in the city of Antioch. Don't let the scum take over. There's a hell of a lot more of us them then. Most of the law-abidding people have been too quiet. It's time to turn the same tactics that these lowlifes use back on them. The "people," if you can call them that need to pay a high enough price to where they won't want to live in Antioch anymore, or at the very least be made to comply to the law and generaly accepted behaviour. If you're interested, then please e-mail [email protected] Let's do things like picket felon's home, etc. so that we make their life misrable in Antioch, and they move somewhere else.

DON'T FORGET CONTACT ME AT:

[email protected]
start packing

Brentwood, CA

#88 Jun 10, 2008
Jeff From Antioch
thats what we need to do ..
CATvictim

San Francisco, CA

#89 Jun 23, 2008
Antioch being scammed wrote:
First off I think you have bought in to what the city is putting out.
Section 8 has nothing to do with it.
There are only so many certificates to get into that program and no new ones are issued. This means it is not increasing. The propaganda ' being handed out which YOU are either a victim of or a perpetrator is that some how if the city of Antioch takes over the program it will change.
This just isn't the case. The people who have the certificates do not have to surrender them to Antioch if Gary Gilbert's scam succeeds. Nor do the residences certified for them have to. It is just so they can get their greedy hands in the bucket of cash. It's the old bait and switch.
They start the fire then show up to put it out to be a hero.
Antioch's problems are that they spent redevelopment money like there was no tomorrow so they could court new development with give aways.
They lived on it like the hogs they are saying it was just FREE MONEY never mentioning that 20% of what they spent must be installed in LOW INCOME HOUSING... GET IT? THE HOUSING NO TOWN WANTS!
Now the time has come to pay the fiddler and the section 8 is just a red herring to take your eyes off those little darlings at city hall and what they are really doing.
They don't want us to see they have high rises going up on the water front for the worst kind of residents there is. Not only are they low income but pay nothing for police or services.
Reputable towns never take the redevelopment cash but Antioch and Pittsburg swam in it.
New police station, Give away housing for slum lords and a new off ramp at Somersville for the car lot. Redevelopment was just a pot of gold they dipped into for their buddies who then paid them back at election time. Now they want to tear down the historic houses in down town
for more high density growth. Thats why the new code enforcement and blight laws. It's not a new scam. We have scoff laws in City Hall!!!!!!!!!!
Look for people to tell you to move out cause they want you gone.
No history is good history to a welfare for developers town.
Once they have the numbers in their high rises they will vote in landscaping assesments, mello roos and prey on the old residents who bought the only true low income housing. The ones who under prop 13 have some protection. It would be criminal if they were street people but we are being fleeced by professional politicians and race hustlers

"Beautiful, THANK YOU!"
You just said it ALL. I knew SOMEBODY else had to see it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antioch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News $1M of Measure C funds spent on administration,... 10 hr Sky zeng 1
How has Antioch changed over the last 20 years? Jan 14 dkatayama 5
FRAUD Velocity Cheer Gym - Antioch, CA Jan 13 Spirit_FX 1
News Guest commentary: There is a five-alarm brewing... (Oct '15) Jan 11 Rainman 3
Why we hate surenos in other words why we hate ... (Dec '09) Jan 11 209blud 19
BethelIslandRealty Inc. Bottom 7% of his peers (May '16) Jan 10 Delta girl 8
Stephanie is doing fraud. Jan 2 Richie6027 1

Antioch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Antioch Mortgages