Man shot in Antioch field

Man shot in Antioch field

There are 30 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Sep 18, 2008, titled Man shot in Antioch field. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

At approximately 5:11 p.m., a male was shot twice, reportedly by a teenager on the De Anza Trail adjacent to the Walmart on Lone Tree Way in Antioch, Calif., on Thursday, Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
younghustle

Antioch, CA

#1 Sep 18, 2008
aint nothin but another day in the hood get used to it
Take Back Brentwood

Berkeley, CA

#2 Sep 19, 2008
"Younghustle", do you really believe this is the way life should be? This isn't "normal" to think we should all "get used to it". I actually feel sorry for all these kids, as annoying as they can be, because obviously your parents have taught you nothing about life. There is more to this world than Antioch, so get an education and take charge of your future. You don't have to be this way, you are letting other punks control your life, so you only have yourself to blame. I am so tired of hearing young people complain when you are old enough to see right from wrong and choose to do nothing about it. Whoever is involved in this shooting,as well as all the others should be sent to prison, not juvenile where they are out and do it again. If you are moving here from other cities and tried to escape these problems, then why cling on to friends like you had back then? Stay away from the one's who choose to continue this wreckless lifestyle. It frustrates me to no end to see these kids with no direction, if you could spend one year under my roof you would see your way of life is far from normal and people actually care about young people. I have hope for you all that you can change, stop carrying guns, breaking into cars, etc. Get a job like everyone else and look forward to the future.
Another 1

Alameda, CA

#3 Sep 19, 2008
You dont even know if this kid was in a gang. already it's being stereotyped. Maybe he was a kid coming home from a friend after school. We dont know anything. Hopefuly the kid survives and tells what really happened. It could be over a girl or it could be just a punk who shot him. What I do know is the media is painting this town as another Richmond. But all i all, it's obvious the majority of the problem is trouble youths from single parent families.
Truth

Pleasant Hill, CA

#4 Sep 19, 2008
"Take Back Brentwood" I agree wholeheartdly with everything you have said.

"YoungHustler" your life ought not be determined by the demise of "the hood". But your future is affected by the choices you choose to make today. If you want better, then you have to make up in your mind that you are going to do better and take advantage of the resources made available to you while you are yet still young. There is no doubt in my mind that you were made for greatness but choices we make in life can often deter(keep us away) us or steer us towards it. We defeat ourselves by being our own worse enemies through ill will choices. If you want "the hood" to change, then let the change begin with you. I guarantee that you will not only start digging yourself more but others will start seeing you in a different light and your light will start to reflect on someone elses life. All it takes is one to make a ripple effect throughout their community.
Take Back Brentwood

Berkeley, CA

#5 Sep 19, 2008
Another 1 wrote:
You dont even know if this kid was in a gang. already it's being stereotyped. Maybe he was a kid coming home from a friend after school. We dont know anything. Hopefuly the kid survives and tells what really happened. It could be over a girl or it could be just a punk who shot him. What I do know is the media is painting this town as another Richmond. But all i all, it's obvious the majority of the problem is trouble youths from single parent families.
No one her has "stereotyped" this as a possible gang incident,that is your own interpretation of what was written. You are right, the symptom of the real problem is the parents of these kids. I am sorry, but when I moved here there were not all of these problems until Section 8 started moving in and MOST of these people seem to want a free ride, all the while letting their yards go, not caring if their kids are out "hanging" out with nothing to do, etc. Just drive around the neighborhoods and the Section 8 houses all look unkept, which is driving prices down even more and it's unpleasant to look at. If these families want a second chance, that's great, but make yourself part of the community, pick up a rake, or have your kids run a lawnmower. If you don't have one, borrow one, believe me your neighbor's would be more than happy to lend one. When adults act this way, why would there kids think there is any hope? It's in the hands of the parents to make a change, you can blame the past all you want, but what has that done so far? I hope the CHILD that was shot is okay as well, no one deserves that. Just hope people in these communities, especially men take some action and show these young people what they can do with their lives. Give them a job, anything to improve their way of thinking, it's not too late, that is what people say all the time, but you see stories of hope, so why not be the hope?
A couple quotes to think about.........

The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
- Lao Tzu

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
-Mark Twain
Jeff

Dublin, CA

#6 Sep 19, 2008
I see anocdoale eveidence that the housing slump may actually be kicking sention 8 out of Antioch. When someone is renting a home that forecloses, they have to get out. I think many of the section 8er's rent from relatively financially unstable landlords anyway. Let's all hope. I plan on moving out of Antioch with my family the first chance I get. I won't be surprised if this shooting was racially motivated, but the politically correct "leaders" and media are to gutless to say this. For anyone that thinks electing Obama is going to help race relations in America, you're just wishful thinking. If anything, things will get worse because certain people will just feel more entiltled.
Jeff

Dublin, CA

#7 Sep 19, 2008
"Take Back Antioch." 99 percent of these loser thug types wouldn't take a job if you handed it to them on a silver platter. They need to crawl back to their holes in Richmond and Oakland. Contact [email protected]
Another 1

Alameda, CA

#8 Sep 19, 2008
corrupted groups who exploit people for money to survive on (Im not saying it's the NAACP) will find this conversation very useful at their next town hall meeting. regardless of stats no one knows what happened.
TrueBlue

Oakland, CA

#9 Sep 19, 2008
Jeff wrote:
I see anocdoale eveidence that the housing slump may actually be kicking sention 8 out of Antioch. When someone is renting a home that forecloses, they have to get out. I think many of the section 8er's rent from relatively financially unstable landlords anyway. Let's all hope. I plan on moving out of Antioch with my family the first chance I get. I won't be surprised if this shooting was racially motivated, but the politically correct "leaders" and media are to gutless to say this. For anyone that thinks electing Obama is going to help race relations in America, you're just wishful thinking. If anything, things will get worse because certain people will just feel more entiltled.
Well if that's the case, who should feel entitled now? This is not about race but rather economics and class. The good hardworking people of Antioch should work together to get rid of the scum that wants to ruin our community.
Take Back Brentwood

Corona, CA

#10 Sep 19, 2008
Jeff wrote:
"Take Back Antioch." 99 percent of these loser thug types wouldn't take a job if you handed it to them on a silver platter. They need to crawl back to their holes in Richmond and Oakland. Contact [email protected]
Well, it is the unfortunate truth (at least for the adults), but the kids who keep hearing the same negativity over and over are the one's suffering, that was all I was saying. I wish the troublemaker families would leave as well, believe me.
Another 1

Alameda, CA

#11 Sep 19, 2008
Do you know how hard it is to collect SSD or SSi or other services you actually pay into? My biggest question is this. WHo gets a 2 bedroom apartment off of sycamore in a high crime area and who gets a house off of lonetree with a swimming pool in the backyard? same amount of kids right? or is having more children beneficial to live off of the system
younghustle

Antioch, CA

#12 Sep 19, 2008
Like I said before, do you relly think you people are leavin antioch any time soon? As for now adapt to the violence, get used to it.
younghustle

Antioch, CA

#13 Sep 19, 2008
You scary ass white people just stay inside in your bed under your blankies and everything will be ok
Take Back Brentwood

United States

#14 Sep 19, 2008
What the hell is that supposed to mean? It just shows your ignorance, that's all.
younghustle wrote:
You scary ass white people just stay inside in your bed under your blankies and everything will be ok
Same as before now

Windsor, CA

#15 Sep 19, 2008
Take Back Brentwood wrote:
What the hell is that supposed to mean? It just shows your ignorance, that's all.
<quoted text>
It means we're uncool because we don't embrace the Ghetto lifestyle. Because it's cool to be Ghetto and love the crap that goes on. For a young person like himself, he feels important. As if he is apart of the respected crowed of thuggery. It means we're cowards because we care about the small children in our area.
jon

United States

#16 Sep 19, 2008
man i know them he was just going to get cat food and he got robbed and shot and all he had was a i pod and 3 dollars
evan

Oakley, CA

#17 Sep 20, 2008
Really all you people other than "jon" how selfish are you being right now? A 16 year old got shot and all you care about is getting your belief across, there has to be another forum to post this in, only "another 1" even mentioned that he hopes he survives let alone nobody even said they feel sorry for the kid.
I hope you all will find another place to impose your ideas on people.

And I hope this kid makes it through this.
Nathan Osburn

Fremont, CA

#18 Sep 20, 2008
Younghustle. This is NOT oakland. We do not want violence in our area. Thats why we came here. I am a 22 year native. we will not hide and we will not get used to it. we will fight back. I will not use violence to get an ipod (btw, get a job and make your own money and have your own nice things.) This is NOT the place to shoot people. This is not the place to rob people. And this is not the place to harrase people for no reason. Yes I'm white, and no, I'm not afraid to take a bat to your face when you make it a danger to go and get my groceries. THIS IS NOT YOUR PLACE. WE ARE NOT URBAN AND DO NOT WANT TO LIVE THE URBAN LIFESTYLE. WE ARE SUBURBAN! and thats why your parents moved you out of richmond or oakland or wherever these problems originated from. They wanted to show you another, more meaningful way of living life. Get with it, or get the fuck out. And if you don't believe it, youll soon see. This is a place to raise kids, not rob them. thats all for now. in the meantime younghustle.... why dont you.... grow up and stop "hustling"
Nathan Osburn

Fremont, CA

#19 Sep 20, 2008
btw, that was meant to be oakley california..... not oakland
Same as before now

Windsor, CA

#20 Sep 20, 2008
evan wrote:
Really all you people other than "jon" how selfish are you being right now? A 16 year old got shot and all you care about is getting your belief across, there has to be another forum to post this in, only "another 1" even mentioned that he hopes he survives let alone nobody even said they feel sorry for the kid.
I hope you all will find another place to impose your ideas on people.
And I hope this kid makes it through this.
Get off your high horse. I'm really pissed off this kid got shot. this is collective anger stiring up by the community of something that won't go away because the Government has deep pockets for a selective few. How many more people like this kid has to get shot. Don't act like I or anyone else here (Besides Hustle) cares what's going on. I was asking God last night that the boy pulls through. Don't demonize the rest of us. You just added stress to the topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antioch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old School Autoworks (Jan '10) Jul 23 Trucks Rule 38
News Woman Accused of ID Theft, Registering Fraudule... (May '08) Jul 19 Shawn S 43
Arlene Goodrich Jul 18 escrow 1
How to Report Section 8 Fraud (Mar '11) Jul 11 Ferrarigirl56y 132
helicopter hoovering over baypoint (Mar '12) Jul 8 Melanie 6
Plane Jul 8 Lexylee 1
News Robbery, Homicide, Police Shooting Investigatio... Jul 8 GIW 4

Antioch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Antioch Mortgages