Truck smashes through motel room, killing 1

Jul 18, 2007 Read more: KUSA Denver 33
An SUV hurtled through a motel parking lot Wednesday, hitting two cars before smashing through a room, killing a man, authorities said. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
UR AN ASS

Denver, CO

#24 Jul 20, 2007
kelley wrote:
<quoted text> they werent working for home depot- they were taking the garden center down for farm and fleet in All american Antigo.because they work for pennies on the doller, and maybe now I wont shop there anymore, since my son applied for a job there and couldnt get one.Americancorporations are turning a blind eye to american workers, and hiring Illegals!And that is a fact.
Kelly, if your son has your values and inteligence, it's no wonder he couldn't get the job. I hope for his sake, he can find someone else, other than you to teach him how to be a good human being and give him a chance to make it in this world, because God knows that your small mind isn't capable. I wish we could deport asshole americans like you to Iraq.

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#25 Jul 21, 2007
banjo wrote:
<quoted text>
i think they were on a honeymoon and couldnt wait to get to the room
LOL! I think Fun Lovin Life was referring to the driver of the SUV. I'm going to be optimistic regarding his intentions here and assume mild heart attack or diabetic shock - for now.

And, J SHO, there is nothing racist about the term illegal alien. There are people here illegally from all over the world.
Friend

Hopkins, MN

#26 Jul 24, 2007
I really wish people wouldn't make such ignorant comments. My husband happens to know the victim and he is a legal citizen! He works for a green house in another state in the midwest that sells their product to the Farm and Fleet in Antigo and they were there for one night to disasemble the temporary structure. I believe he has 2 children and a wife that are now left to face life's challenges without him! He did not take a job away from any of your children! It breaks my heart to read what has been previously written.
employer

United States

#27 Aug 17, 2007
I also wish the family of the man who died my greatest sympathy, the loss of any one is to be morned.
As to the Mexicans taking Americans jobs...show me an American kid willing to show up and do the work and I will be happy to hire them...I am sick and tired of kids and adults crying I want a job but giving me nothing but grief when they get it. laments of I don't do that ..or you expect me here when?! and I only work for 10 to 12 an hour in retail...get real.
If immigrants bother you so much do their jobs and they wont come ...until you do, shut up and let me have an employee that will actually work. show up on time and not tell me what is beneath them to do.
setting it straight

Menomonie, WI

#28 Jul 31, 2008
To validate the information…this is a clip from the Antigo Journal and to let all of you know that this case had nothing to do with illegal aliens:
Quote:
Twenty-six year old Jesus Manuel Quirios-Castillo, a naturalized U.S. citizen from Minnesota, was killed in the process."

So he wasn’t an immigrant legal or illegal…He was a naturalized CITIZEN of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA…which means Juan you dummy…He was a AMERICAN AS YOU…and probably could recite the presidents and the American Constitution.
FYI - Most companies as big as Fleet Farm have contract agreements with other companies. They are not usually locally owned and the contracts are not local either. These companies hire in their towns of orgin and bring their own workers...that is how Jesus got there.
setting it straight

Menomonie, WI

#29 Sep 28, 2008
Friend wrote:
I really wish people wouldn't make such ignorant comments. My husband happens to know the victim and he is a legal citizen! He works for a green house in another state in the midwest that sells their product to the Farm and Fleet in Antigo and they were there for one night to disasemble the temporary structure. I believe he has 2 children and a wife that are now left to face life's challenges without him! He did not take a job away from any of your children! It breaks my heart to read what has been previously written.
IF you know the family then this comment may help you to help them:

As for the plea, Uttke published that he will ask the judge for 15 years and 10 years of reporting IF IT IS AGREEMENT WITH THE VICTIMS FAMILY. That usually means that for 15 years, and 5 off for time served and 5 for good behavior, that 5 would be the usual max actually served, but from what I hear from someone who was in jail, the family has not petitioned the judge or the DA and unless they do, the judge may lower the sentence still.

That means that the guy could get next to nothing in penalty.

WHY HASN’T THE VICTIMS FAMILY STOOD UP FOR THEIR FAMILY MEMBER!! A GREAT DEAL OF HOW THIS GOES DEPENDS ON THEM.

Uttke can only do so much without support.

I’ve seen where really hard core criminals have gotten off almost scott free because their mommas cried to the judge…and no one countered.

So what does that say about our justice system…If a man is without a family to speak up for him that it is okay to take his life away?

And if jail is the only thing keeping this guy from the bars…will there be another before justice finds a home??

Doesn’t seem right to me.

I know if that was my son, I would be camped on the judges doorstep until he gave my son justice.

Don’t think I am bashing the family. There have been enough idiots try to do that…adding unfounded insult to fatal injury…and those people should be totally ashamed of themselves….

But if there is to be justice, the family of the victim has to ask for it.

I don’t think Jesus was plannig to die that day. Where is his voice?
setting it straight

Menomonie, WI

#30 Sep 28, 2008
Food for thought:

As for the plea, Uttke published that he will ask the judge for 15 years and 10 years of reporting IF IT IS AGREEMENT WITH THE VICTIMS FAMILY. That usually means that for 15 years, and 5 off for time served and 5 for good behavior, that 5 would be the usual max actually served, but from what I hear from someone who was in jail, the family has not petitioned the judge or the DA and unless they do, the judge may lower the sentence still.

That means that the guy could get next to nothing in penalty.

WHY HASN’T THE VICTIMS FAMILY STOOD UP FOR THEIR FAMILY MEMBER!! A GREAT DEAL OF HOW THIS GOES DEPENDS ON THEM.

Uttke can only do so much without support.

I’ve seen where really hard core criminals have gotten off almost scott free because their mommas cried to the judge…and no one countered.

So what does that say about our justice system…If a man is without a family to speak up for him that it is okay to take his life away?

And if jail is the only thing keeping this guy from the bars…will there be another before justice finds a home??

Doesn’t seem right to me.

I know if that was my son, I would be camped on the judges doorstep until he gave my son justice.

Don’t think I am bashing the family. There have
been enough idiots try to do that…adding unfounded insult to fatal injury…and those people should be totally ashamed of themselves….

But if there is to be justice, the family of the victim has to ask for it.

I don’t think Jesus was plannig to die that day. Where is his voice?
Yeti

Lufkin, TX

#31 Nov 12, 2008
Hey ya'll. I think the real problem is why this had to happen and not the immigration status of a victim.

I lived in Antigo, WI when this event happened. The perpetrator was stoned cold drunk. This was his umpteenth DWI offense. You really have to punch the gas pedal to go around the small parking lot of the Goodnight Inn and turn left 50 feet to crash through hotel room. I mean, all of the way through and crashing into the neighbor's garage. That was the only thing that stopped him.

Wisconsin is very lenient against DWI. I guess they consider it just the boys blowing off steam. I think it was his 6th or 7th DWI. This person should have been in prison for life with NO parole before this happened.

He'll probably get just a slap on the wrist.

Please contact your local Wisconsin representatives to improve the DWI laws.

Adios
casey antigo

United States

#32 Nov 14, 2008
kelley wrote:
Why is an Antigo bussiness hiring people not from Antigo? as we have many unemployed people here, and temp services for them to go through.
antigo didn't hire the mexican's get your fact's wrong
casey antigo

United States

#33 Nov 14, 2008
kelley wrote:
Maybe the local people should stop giving their money to companies that want to hire cheap laborors.such as farm and fleet, how un american can they be?
it's isn't farm and fleet get it right
casey antigo

United States

#34 Nov 15, 2008
kelley wrote:
<quoted text> they werent working for home depot- they were taking the garden center down for farm and fleet in All american Antigo.because they work for pennies on the doller, and maybe now I wont shop there anymore, since my son applied for a job there and couldnt get one.Americancorporations are turning a blind eye to american workers, and hiring Illegals!And that is a fact.
kelly it's about time someone tell's you what's is going on in antigo first the two mexican were legal and were not hired by farm and fleet because antigo don't have a farm and fleet and it's not that company that hired the 2 brothers it was the flower company that send the 2 to take it down and if it would be a mexican that did why the white guy did he would of been but a way a long time ago
justme

Bancroft, WI

#35 Jan 11, 2009
wow this is a rough room
Dynamite

Antigo, WI

#36 Apr 7, 2009
It is a sad day for a family and friends when a loved one dies......more so when it sudden than if they r expecting it.......the person who got into his vehicle and drove intoxicated that night is the bad one not the innocent victim he killed.....what does it matter how or why the victim was here it is the same outcome.......he is dead and his family and friends are emotionally scared......get off your high horses and feel some compassion.......I think all this racist crap is a bunch of bs and it needs to stop.......did u ever think that maybe there is so many foreigners in jail because nobody will give them a chance and they resort to steeling and other illegal activities to survive......there are plenty of whites that do........get a grip......like the country song goes if u spent more time minding your own business u wouldn't have time to be mining mine........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antigo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle's Secret Diary may now be viewed on th... Feb '15 The KDE 1
Review: Berg Appraisal Services Dec '14 Carol Lynn Berg 1
Fishing (May '14) May '14 Connie the catfish 1
alert (Feb '14) Feb '14 real concerened 1
Yankee Dime Daycare (Dec '13) Dec '13 Unforgettable 1
Holly Markgraf (Dec '13) Dec '13 Unforgettable 1
News Man Walks from Green Bay to Rhinelander for a C... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jean Neuville 1
More from around the web

Antigo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]