El Paso Municipal election: Today is ...

El Paso Municipal election: Today is last day for early voting

There are 4 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 9, 2011, titled El Paso Municipal election: Today is last day for early voting. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

If you're going to see a friend or family member graduate from UTEP or have other big plans on Saturday, you still have one last day to vote early in municipal and school district elections throughout the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Vote Today Abe Peinado

El Paso, TX

#1 May 10, 2011
My Fellow El Pasoans,

First of all, I want to tell you I am not going to trash my city with yard signs.

I am a small businessman. I never planned to run for city council, but when our economy stalled and I read how city hall is spending our money, lack of services and high permit fees.... I thought I could help.

As an insurance expert, I have spent my career balancing budgets and helping El Pasoans save money in insuring their prized possessions. And as a conservative I think when our families are cutting back, government should cut back too.

Most El Pasoans are taxed by over 5 taxing entities. A tax increase is not on my agenda. Neither is creating a new one for public parks.

We need to make the environment at city hall, more business and citizen friendly, a public service place. I will push in that direction. We need a city government that we can go to for legitimate help. And let’s get back to city hall staying open 5 days a week. You work 5 days a week, our public servants should too.

During our recent winter storm we were an unprepared city. Our city was literally crippled. Our frail and elderly had no guidance.

There are lessons to be learned. During an emergency, you don't obligate people whose homes are either flooding or without water to first pull a permit before they attempt repairs. That's a no-brainer. I will work hard toward fixing our errors and inefficiencies.

We need a city government that believes in traditional family values.

I am not a West-Side transplant. I was born and raised here. I am a product of our educational system having attended Morehead, a graduate of Coronado high school and a proud graduate of our hometown university, UTEP.

In this unpredictable economy, El Paso faces many challenges ahead.

If you think its time to put City Hall on a fixed income, I'd appreciate your vote. Please visit www.abepeinado.com

I have the energy, enthusiasm & commitment to truly represent the citizens of District 1. Many thanks.

Sincerely,

Abe Peinado
Voting For Abe

El Paso, TX

#2 May 10, 2011
You got our vote with your opening sentence. We already voted for you. We wish you the best Abe.
Vote Today Abe Peinado wrote:
My Fellow El Pasoans,
First of all, I want to tell you I am not going to trash my city with yard signs.
I am a small businessman. I never planned to run for city council, but when our economy stalled and I read how city hall is spending our money, lack of services and high permit fees.... I thought I could help.
As an insurance expert, I have spent my career balancing budgets and helping El Pasoans save money in insuring their prized possessions. And as a conservative I think when our families are cutting back, government should cut back too.
Most El Pasoans are taxed by over 5 taxing entities. A tax increase is not on my agenda. Neither is creating a new one for public parks.
We need to make the environment at city hall, more business and citizen friendly, a public service place. I will push in that direction. We need a city government that we can go to for legitimate help. And let’s get back to city hall staying open 5 days a week. You work 5 days a week, our public servants should too.
During our recent winter storm we were an unprepared city. Our city was literally crippled. Our frail and elderly had no guidance.
There are lessons to be learned. During an emergency, you don't obligate people whose homes are either flooding or without water to first pull a permit before they attempt repairs. That's a no-brainer. I will work hard toward fixing our errors and inefficiencies.
We need a city government that believes in traditional family values.
I am not a West-Side transplant. I was born and raised here. I am a product of our educational system having attended Morehead, a graduate of Coronado high school and a proud graduate of our hometown university, UTEP.
In this unpredictable economy, El Paso faces many challenges ahead.
If you think its time to put City Hall on a fixed income, I'd appreciate your vote. Please visit www.abepeinado.com
I have the energy, enthusiasm & commitment to truly represent the citizens of District 1. Many thanks.
Sincerely,
Abe Peinado
Mejicano

El Paso, TX

#3 May 10, 2011
Vote Sonia Brown!
james russell ret

El Paso, TX

#4 May 10, 2011
All those who are registered voters in El PAso County and have a school board, school bond, or city official being elected, re-elected or contested seat up for grabs needs to get out and vote. Otherwise all you are is a person slated to be pulled into jury duty. Remember those with courage vote, those without don't vote and weep the loudest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Immigrants fear license checks (Nov '06) Aug 29 DC Dave 21
News Severe weather warnings issued in Borderland Aug '16 huey goins 3
la tuna federal prison camp (Apr '06) Aug '16 John B 281
News Obama commutes life sentence of El Pasoan Aug '16 Dirk Butterworth 9
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
News Five arrested in school cheating indictments in... May '16 Petro 2
News Stabbing suspect surrenders (Dec '05) Dec '15 Garry TURDeau 2

Anthony Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Anthony Mortgages