Grocery wars: Pro's Ranch, Vista mark...

Grocery wars: Pro's Ranch, Vista markets ready to take on Walmart as giant plans expansion

There are 95 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 15, 2011, titled Grocery wars: Pro's Ranch, Vista markets ready to take on Walmart as giant plans expansion. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Walmart, put Hispanic supermarket features in its newly remodeled Supercenter near Yarbrough and Interstate 10, including a new-look produce department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
hope springs eternal

United States

#1 Jan 15, 2011
trader joe's? maybe someday.
Stripe

El Paso, TX

#2 Jan 15, 2011
Are we not in the UNITED STATES of AMERICA? WTF People? A section of the store perhaps but all of the real estate devoted to Mexicans? Walmart, wake up! Yes people are in exodus because of their systems of operation but is this what you choose to pander to? Pro's market... are you in the same boat? Are you both not, by default, only creating an extension of what they are running from? Yes... lets make them feel at home... by offering them a place to congregate openly... with their Elf boots and Cell Phone-Walkie-talkies... when the bullets start to fly remeber, you made all of them fell AT HOME!
Edubble

El Paso, TX

#3 Jan 16, 2011
Stripe wrote:
Are we not in the UNITED STATES of AMERICA?**** People? A section of the store perhaps but all of the real estate devoted to Mexicans? Walmart, wake up! Yes people are in exodus because of their systems of operation but is this what you choose to pander to? Pro's market... are you in the same boat? Are you both not, by default, only creating an extension of what they are running from? Yes... lets make them feel at home... by offering them a place to congregate openly... with their Elf boots and Cell Phone-Walkie-talkies... when the bullets start to fly remeber, you made all of them fell AT HOME!
You are by far one of the most non intelligent humans on earth.
bob oso 3

El Paso, TX

#4 Jan 16, 2011
boycott walamrt. american greed
INDIO

Singapore, Singapore

#5 Jan 16, 2011
VIVA!! BIG 8
LEADERS

El Paso, TX

#6 Jan 16, 2011
The writing is on the walls for Walmart after they decided to scrap wide selection for store brand. Plus when it comes to finding non-grocery items Target is your best bet. Last but not least, Walmart doesn't always have the lowest price or anything you are looking for when its on sale somewhere else. Albertson's meat and produce is second to none. How will these large stores stop the bleeding to stores like Dollar General and Family Dollar for the simple necessities like milk and bread?
LEADERS

El Paso, TX

#7 Jan 16, 2011
Pro Ranch Market at Yarbrough and I-10 will do good becuase it simply will be easier to get in and out of the parking lot. However that parking lot is way too small, so eventually this will choke its real potential.
Jds

Dallas, TX

#9 Jan 16, 2011
Stripe wrote:
Are we not in the UNITED STATES of AMERICA?**** People? A section of the store perhaps but all of the real estate devoted to Mexicans? Walmart, wake up! Yes people are in exodus because of their systems of operation but is this what you choose to pander to? Pro's market... are you in the same boat? Are you both not, by default, only creating an extension of what they are running from? Yes... lets make them feel at home... by offering them a place to congregate openly... with their Elf boots and Cell Phone-Walkie-talkies... when the bullets start to fly remeber, you made all of them fell AT HOME!
Agreed!!!!
Take A Hike

United States

#10 Jan 16, 2011
I know the moderator is going to delete my post only because he/she sympathizes with the out of town transplant haters.
Jds

Dallas, TX

#11 Jan 16, 2011
The lady in the article likes the "Mexican environment"!?!?! Sorry but a messy, unorganized, store with shit covered toilet paper in the waste baskets is the last place I want to buy my food. Mexico is a filthy dump and I want no part of it.
Take A Hike

United States

#12 Jan 16, 2011
It would be nice if Safeway returned to this market,they are pretty modern and have nice things like Wells Fargo banking and ATM's along with Starbucks etc and products that caters to caucasians, that way everyone can be happy.
Take A Hike

United States

#13 Jan 16, 2011
If you shop at anglo stores you mostlikely will find hyperdemic needles in their reastrooms.
Urine on floors and with over flooded toilets feces on seats, these people think that they dont have dirty lifestyles.
People need to travel around the country so one can see for themselfs how they live, but you might want to reconsider it, they are not as perfect as they want one to believe.
Jds

Dallas, TX

#14 Jan 16, 2011
Cue the low class ungrateful spanglish speaking mongrel with his profane filled comment who will further prove our point in 3, 2, 1...
Jds

Dallas, TX

#15 Jan 16, 2011
Take A Hike wrote:
If you shop at anglo stores you mostlikely will find hyperdemic needles in their reastrooms.
Urine on floors and with over flooded toilets feces on seats, these people think that they dont have dirty lifestyles.
People need to travel around the country so one can see for themselfs how they live, but you might want to reconsider it, they are not as perfect as they want one to believe.
I have noticed that... But I wouldn't shop at a Billy bobs eatin' fixin's and tackle either. It's not a culture issue for me, it's a class thing. I'm not trying to sound pompous but if I have a choice on where to shop then call me crazy for wanting to go where things are clean and I don't get treated like a second class citizen for not speaking Spanish, which by the way I'm fluent in. Weird city we live in. Oh well at least its not Pakistan or something.
Sad but true

United States

#16 Jan 16, 2011
If u don't like it...hit the road we don't need white trash in our like it or not brown city!
Take a hike

United States

#17 Jan 16, 2011
Jds wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed that... But I wouldn't shop at a Billy bobs eatin' fixin's and tackle either. It's not a culture issue for me, it's a class thing. I'm not trying to sound pompous but if I have a choice on where to shop then call me crazy for wanting to go where things are clean and I don't get treated like a second class citizen for not speaking Spanish, which by the way I'm fluent in. Weird city we live in. Oh well at least its not Pakistan or something.
It most defitnately is a culture thing, because everytime theres publications about the spanish speaking cultures of El Paso the anglos are the first to come to the attack.
If a spanish speaking person is in an anglo dominated part of the country we dont get treated with respect, we get dirty looks and frowns, and the white man always seems to spit on the ground as it it's some kind of ritual.

As for clean stores theres no such thing, the germs are always there to greet you only you cant see them, as for dirty appeariances, some people bring their nasty habbits to the stores and this include all cultures.
I always see white people taking bites of certain produce and sampling things they dont pay for just putting it back on the shelves as if no one notice.
Take a hike

United States

#18 Jan 16, 2011
Jds wrote:
Cue the low class ungrateful spanglish speaking mongrel with his profane filled comment who will further prove our point in 3, 2, 1...
People like you come here spewing your hate then you want to call people ungrateful.
But in reals the only way to make you morons understand is that no one has to put up with you; so we cuss you out because that is the only language you understand.
You dumb inbreeders.....
Jds

Dallas, TX

#19 Jan 16, 2011
Take a hike wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you come here spewing your hate then you want to call people ungrateful.
But in reals the only way to make you morons understand is that no one has to put up with you; so we cuss you out because that is the only language you understand.
You dumb inbreeders.....
I'm Hispanic. Since when are Hispanics known for being inbreeders?

Hey don't get me wrong, I'm all for this store! It gives those people a place to go other than where I would shop.
Take a hike

United States

#20 Jan 16, 2011
Jds wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Hispanic. Since when are Hispanics known for being inbreeders?
Hey don't get me wrong, I'm all for this store! It gives those people a place to go other than where I would shop.
There are some hispanics that think and act like anglos;so therefor if you claim you shop elsewhere so who cares where you shop, no one asked you.

So the whole idea is that you have to come here and put things down just because you think you are special?
Sharon

Angier, NC

#21 Jan 16, 2011
We are moving to El Paso in late 2010. Our only lament about the decision is the lack of avaliable organic food choices. Currently, we purchase 80% of our groceries from Trader Joes. Reasonable prices, great variety, makes heathy living a viable lifestyle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vinton Music Thread (Dec '16) Jun '17 Musikologist 3
la tuna federal prison camp (Apr '06) May '17 Rafa 285
News Five arrested in school cheating indictments in... (Apr '16) May '17 Sniffable farts b... 15
News El Paso early voting for May 6 election dismal Apr '17 uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 2
News Woman charged with fraud in alleged Ariana Gran... (Oct '15) Apr '17 A fan 14
News Canutillo considers opposing low-income housing Feb '17 butters_ 1
News Immigrants fear license checks (Nov '06) Aug '16 DC Dave 21

Anthony Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Anthony Mortgages